What's new

Hayward getting extension???

udflyer

@FreshHoops: Gordon Hayward to receive contract extension from Jazz before October 31 deadline, per @ESPNSteinLine.

Rumor is 13+

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think you could sign for 5 years off extensions like this. (Oh right, 5 years means it has to be a max extension)

I bet it's because of Paul George.

Well there's nothing we can do, so I'll accept anything.

Last edited:
Cool! I think his potential is underrated by many on this board, and he has shown improvement each year.

Kevin Pelton response. He's stunned by rumor it's richer than Favors deal.

@kpelton: @ESPNSteinLine That stuns me.

Me too. This can't be real.

What does 13+ mean? It can't be 13mil per year, can it?

If it is - it is crazy. I guess Jazz need to overpay... not sure why now and not after season when market will dictate their real value.

13+ = 13 million plus. Some reporting Max..... WOW!!!

Wonder what happened. All of a sudden twitter exploded (just like Favors)

Waiting on real numbers, though 13 million + is most reported

LOL.. if this is true I might have to boycott this whole season. And that's coming from a guy who has Hayward as his avatar!!!!!

Well, commence laughing stockness. And I was all defending giving Hayward a little more money tonight. But I was thinking it was 11.5 at absolute MAX. jeesus

Marc Stein...

Jazz won't go any farther publicly than acknowledging talks ongoing but I'm told deal -- if completed -- will be richer than Favors' deal

If it is - it is crazy. I guess Jazz need to overpay... not sure why now and not after season when market will dictate their real value.

Why do you keep saying they need to overpay? Lol. They aren't luring an unrestricted free agent that can just go wherever he wants. He's restricted.

The question is will Hayward command that in the open market making us have to match it. I don't think he will command that which is why I agree that if it takes this to lock him up let him test the market.

So let me get this straight... AK got his contract after posting 16.5pts, 8.1reb, 3.1ast, 1.9 stl, 2.8blk in a season where he was an ALL-Star and the second only player in NBA history to finish in both top 5 steals and blocks and some of you guys called it toxic and overpaid and whatever other names.... Now both Favors and Hayward getting almost same deals yet their numbers are not even close to AK's and you think it is good deals?