What's new

Hayward in Crunch Time

I am certainly not on "Hayward is future star and worth more then 10mil" bandwagon but lets give him at least a full season where he is primary option at the end of the games before declaring him not clutch. A bit premature thread I must say...
It's not like this is Hayward's very first NBA game...he's going into the FOURTH season. I think there's more than enough of a sampling size through his first 3 seasons and all of this preseason to make a fair assessment on his "clutchness".

It's not like this is Hayward's very first NBA game...he's going into the FOURTH season. I think there's more than enough of a sampling size through his first 3 seasons and all of this preseason to make a fair assessment on his "clutchness".

Give me a freaking break. How many games was Hayward even on the floor at the end of games in the previous 3 years? Not much I am sure. Even last year it was go Big Al or let Mo create. I remember when Kobe was a rookie, bricking several 3's at the end of playoff game with the Jazz. Did that demonstrate HIS unclutchness?

I learned that Big Al shot the ball a lot.

I am certainly not on "Hayward is future star and worth more then 10mil" bandwagon but lets give him at least a full season where he is primary option at the end of the games before declaring him not clutch. A bit premature thread I must say...

I learned that Big Al shot the ball a lot.

These.

Who was having the ball at his hands in crunch time at Hayward's first season? D-Will and Harris. Did he played much at crunch time at his first season? No.

At his second and third seasons Harris, Milsap and Big Al played the closer role in crunch time and they did a good job. When Harris gone Mo played the supporting role as a closer with Jefferson.

So he is new at this role. I dont think we have enough proof to call him as "not clutch". And its not easy to play against one of the best perimeter defenders in the league (Sefoloisha) he lock him down and this is what he does best and Burks shined during that match-up. So i think its early to come to a conclusion about him being clutch or not he/we still got a whole season in front of him/us.

We need to trade him now....while his stock his high.
could we get a good 1st rounder for him in next years draft?
Or at least he should take a back seat to Alec Burks. Alec is proving himself.
Haywards potential is still a dream.

I'm not sure if you're serious but I wouldn't be opposed to this idea at all.

So we should now base 50 million deals on a regular season game, and an opening game at that?

We will see how Hayward does in negotiating crunch time in a little over an hour.

Yahoo WoJo says they are still trying....

< 11 year - Jazz Win
> 11 year - Gtime wins

We will see how Hayward does in negotiating crunch time in a little over an hour.

Yahoo WoJo says they are still trying....

< 11 year - Jazz Win
> 11 year - Gtime wins

I've seen that show before, Hayward chucking up a prayer and coming up short.

I think the opponent will have the most to do with how individual players perform for the Jazz. Hayward had absolutely no advantage over Sefalosha and Durant, and Burks feasted on Lamb (as he should). Favors and Kanter did fairly well because they were matched up with equal or slightly lesser talent in Ibaka and Perkins. Things would have been scarier if Westbrook was playing, however, because he would have destroyed Burks.

Gordon is a career 45%/40% shooter and is notorious for starting off seasons slowly. IIIRC, as a rookie he was the best shooter in the NBA from January - April. But better dump him now as not only didn't he shoot well, he's also below his average in blocked shots! Never mind his 4 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals.

gordon is in the same situation that george was last year. deal with it, ma'am.
How so? An all-star negotiating an extension is the same as a role player negotiating an extension? One deserves a big contract one absolutely doesn't...either way your twist it, it's another idiotic George/Hayward comparison. Thanks!

How so? An all-star negotiating an extension is the same as a role player negotiating an extension? One deserves a big contract one absolutely doesn't...either way your twist it's another idiotic George/Hayward comparison. Thanks!

paul george was an all-star negotiating a contract extension last year! ohwaitnohewasn'tyou'rewrong

he shot under 40% in the first month and everyone was declaring him a role player

paul george was an all-star negotiating a contract extension last year! ohwaitnohewasn'tyou'rewrong

he shot under 40% in the first month and everyone was declaring him a role player

Paul George was the best player on a team that took the best player in the world and his team to 7 games in the ECF. I'd say its clear he's an allstar talent which is why he got maxed after that showing.