What's new

Hayward: the new CJ!

Did I ever said that AK was the best passer on the Jazz or had best basketball IQ or any other biased statement? The fact that I like him does not mean I overrate him or have unrealistic expectations. Thee jazz fan on the other hand is delusional when it comes to Hayward, sorry.

The fact that you like him shows you overrate him and have unrealistic expectations

While interesting, I don't think those stats mean anything yet. Too small of a sample size. We have to be about 30 games in to rely in any degree on those numbers, and even then you have to keep them in perspective and look at the whole picture of what they mean. On court/off court numbers are interesting, but they also have a lot to do with who the other team has on the floor with you as well as who is on the floor with you.

Also interesting that he holds his opponents to the lowest production rate on the team. Either he is a good defender, or everyone he plays against sucks. Notice Carroll and Sap... it could be a position thing?

True, and look and best combos. That will show you what 5 players are most effective when being on the floor together. Lots of very interesting stats there to digest but that simple rating sums it all up. As I said I expect Hayward to improve througout the season, he can't stay in negative range for long.

Hayward is not playing really well, but even right now, he's way better than CJ.
Not that PER is the ultimate way to describe the impact of a player in the game, but I think this says a lot.

AkyBM.jpg

Loser Atlanta traded to us for Corbin? Prototypical Jazz big man in 90-00's - stiff aka Foster, J.Collins, Borchardt, Fuller, Radojevic, etc...

Keefe was not a stiff, he was a great offensive rebounder, good defender, and great at cleaning up messes around the hoop. He wasn't an offensive threat but he made u bunch of clutch plays for the jazz.

Guys! I loved it when Hayweird was in the right spot to grab a long offensive board at the free throw line and immediately jacked up an off balance jumper with 24 seconds left on the shot clock. Ginobili 2.0.!

im also really happy with Hayward. We really drafted him for his shooting ability but got a strong overall player. Also most young players struggle with regaining their stroke after college because of the explosive difference in the NBA defensive quickness. Less time to focus, less time to square up. Everyone jumps higher than in college close out faster and know the game better. Haywards shot will fall, just be happy hes better than we predicted in all other aspects.

Keefe was not a stiff, he was a great offensive rebounder, good defender, and great at cleaning up messes around the hoop. He wasn't an offensive threat but he made u bunch of clutch plays for the jazz.

I do not recall him making any clutch shots in 97-98 finals run. I must admit I do not remember much about his play before 1996, but since that time he stood out as stiff to me sorry.

I do not recall him making any clutch shots in 97-98 finals run. I must admit I do not remember much about his play before 1996, but since that time he stood out as stiff to me sorry.

Where in my entire post did I say clutch shots. Quit misrepresenting me!!

Keefe wasn't my favorit player, but appreciated what he brought to the team, in doing all the little things. He never did anything to hurt the team, always made the right play.