What's new

Haywood just officially signed with the Celtics

Wait, he makes this huge, agonizing, life-changing decision to sign with Boston, and doesn't even show up for the presser? Are you kidding?

Do they know this is just the beginning of him "phoning it in"? Just kidding...kinda.

After he spent the weekend there... just weird. Likely didn't want to answer the tough questions... I'm sure he will thrive in that media environment.

Wait, he called in? The are paying him over 130 million and he called in!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

He didn't call in... it was a stunt double.

I just watched it. Looks like ainge was hiding under the table with his cell phone disguising his voice. The Celtics could have invested into a Howdy Doody ventriloquist doll.

My husband was listening to the Zone when they called in to this presser to ask a question. Instead of going into the call que like the usual practice, they were shuffled right in. The producer then hit the hold button to let G Monson & co know they were in, and the Boston press got an earful from Monson (thinking he was still on local radio) about how Wayward left a team that was built for him, and "of course the fans are mad" etc..

My husband was listening to the Zone when they called in to this presser to ask a question. Instead of going into the call que like the usual practice, they were shuffled right in. The producer then hit the hold button to let G Monson & co know they were in, and the Boston press got an earful from Monson (thinking he was still on local radio) about how Wayward left a team that was built for him, and "of course the fans are mad" etc..

I get the feeling that the love affair between Hayward and the Boston media isn't going to make it through the year. He rea;;y has no idea what he has bought into.

I would like to hear the exchange

Brad Stevens is a better offensive coach than Snyder, it's just a fact.

Snyder still has to prove he can coach a top 10 offense.

After he spent the weekend there... just weird. Likely didn't want to answer the tough questions... I'm sure he will thrive in that media environment.

I'm looking forward to that 10 game stretch or so where he struggles and the Boston media eats him alive. Should be fun.

I think it's Snyder by a wide margin. Spo having a ring has very little to do with him as a coach.