What's new

HC candidates

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
We don't need another Quin, we need a coach to take us to the promise land or the west finals at least

I mean, there's only so much a coach can do with a flawed roster. None of these coaching candidates are going to be able to take this group to the conference finals let alone the finals.

Last edited:

LoPo

Banned
Quin and his FO during his era only knew one way to coach - run it all around the big man. We blew so many assets on big men in his era:

Tony Bradley
Ed Davis
Keeping Favors too long then bringing him back
Doke
Whiteside

Am I missing anybody? So many assets spent drafting these players, signing these players and dumping these players.

He's only been successful with one guy - Rudy Gobert. You want to know why Quin left? Likely because the only big he could ever succeed with won't be on the team in the fall.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

UtahJazz32

Banned
Quin and his FO during his era only knew one way to coach - run it all around the big man. We blew so many assets on big men in his era:

Tony Bradley
Ed Davis
Doke
Whiteside

Am I missing anybody? So many assets spent drafting these players, signing these players and dumping these players.

He's only been successful with one guy - Rudy Gobert. You want to know why Quin left? Likely because the only big he could ever succeed with won't be on the team in the fall.

Most of this was DL tbh

gomretat

Tony Bradley
Ed Davis
Doke
Whiteside

Quin coached teams that led the league in defense and led the league in offense - which is quite rare - so saying he knew one way to coach may be as overly simplistic as you can get. Once we got Rudy and he started to develop we had a scheme both offensively and defensively with a dominant big. So we pursued good back ups because you dont want to change the scheme for one substitution. He also did a tremendous job of developing talent so acting like we were centric on one position is a miss on reality. The fact that people on this board are twisted about Butler has caused some to forget how good he was and how good the staff was at finding and developing players. Quin was a great coach and I just hope his replacement will be as good.

Release the Kraken

No reason whatsoever to be in a hurry on this hire which is what they have said they would do from day one.
One would assume however, that with a primarily veteran roster and no complete rebuild, that more coaches with head coaching experience in this league would be considered.

Doc Cherno

Tony Bradley
Ed Davis
Doke
Whiteside

Agree with this save Doke. The injuries are concerning but I think he’s ready for some burn behind Gobert (assuming we keep him).

campaignist

Tony Bradley
Ed Davis
Doke
Whiteside

Trying to find a backup doesn't mean quin was "running it all around the big man." None of those guys were meant to play serious minutes, just when Rudy sat.
It's not Quin's fault DL kept swinging and missing on what should have been something simple.

LoPo

Banned
Trying to find a backup doesn't mean quin was "running it all around the big man." None of those guys were meant to play serious minutes, just when Rudy sat.
It's not Quin's fault DL kept swinging and missing on what should have been something simple.
I don't think Quin did a bad job.

The guy coached a scheme that worked in the regular season around Rudy. I'm sure he had plenty of input on what the roster needed to progress. It's more than just a coincidence that we kept trying to find a rim protecting big to offset Rudy minutes.

I just made my original post with this response to point out that I hope our new coach can run multiple systems since Quin didn't seem capable.

SteakNEggs

I don't think Quin did a bad job.

The guy coached a scheme that worked in the regular season around Rudy. I'm sure he had plenty of input on what the roster needed to progress. It's more than just a coincidence that we kept trying to find a rim protecting big to offset Rudy minutes.

I just made my original post with this response to point out that I hope our new coach can run multiple systems since Quin didn't seem capable.

Hopefully he forces the rest of the team outside of Rudy to play defense.