What's new

HC candidates

I think Ryan is taking the brunt of the blame for all the issues currently happening right now (i.e. catering to an undersized SG, rebrand debacle, now considering Fizdale for a FO position??). My opinion is Wade has a Ryan's ear on a lot that's going on, and I think Ryan's listening too much to him.

I think Ryan is taking the brunt of the blame for all the issues currently happening right now (i.e. catering to an undersized SG, rebrand debacle, now considering Fizdale for a FO position??). My opinion is Wade has a Ryan's ear on a lot that's going on, and I think Ryan's listening too much to him.
Again a Ryan problem.

Didn't Ryan bring in Wade?

I know correlation is not causation, and a giant amount of Jazz problems are inherited from past brass... but even so... ever since DW came around....

This coaching hire is going to be interesting. It's sounding as though Ainge may like Will Hardy, who gets solid reviews and seems to be on the fast track everywhere he goes.

If you could hire the Quin Snyder from 2014 today would you? Because IMO that's what would be happening with hiring Hardy.

After listening to some of the coaching panels he's been on I can see why he's been dubbed the "wunderkind" in coaching

If you could hire the Quin Snyder from 2014 today would you? Because IMO that's what would be happening with hiring Hardy.

After listening to some of the coaching panels he's been on I can see why he's been dubbed the "wunderkind" in coaching
Not with this roster. Quin excelled at getting the best out of young talent but once we started filling the roster with vets and certain guys became established he hit his pinnacle. He became too predictable and redundant.

If Hardy or anybody for that matter can come in and do what Quin did but with vets and get them to take steps forward I would take that in a heartbeat.

matt-hardy.gif

Not with this roster. Quin excelled at getting the best out of young talent but once we started filling the roster with vets and certain guys became established he hit his pinnacle. He became too predictable and redundant.

If Hardy or anybody for that matter can come in and do what Quin did but with vets and get them to take steps forward I would take that in a heartbeat.
We don't need another Quin, we need a coach to take us to the promise land or the west finals at least

He looks like he could be Dennis Lindsey's son. He even started at San Antonio. He could have been there when Lindsey was.

Quin took over a team who's top 8 scorers were 24 or younger.
I think Hardy makes sense because he should be ready to coach our current group but he's also young so if we have to pivot and decide to rebuild the roster he fits that timeline as well.

We don't need another Quin, we need a coach to take us to the promise land or the west finals at least

I mean, there's only so much a coach can do with a flawed roster. None of these coaching candidates are going to be able to take this group to the conference finals let alone the finals.

Last edited:
Quin and his FO during his era only knew one way to coach - run it all around the big man. We blew so many assets on big men in his era:

Tony Bradley
Ed Davis
Keeping Favors too long then bringing him back
Doke
Whiteside

Am I missing anybody? So many assets spent drafting these players, signing these players and dumping these players.

He's only been successful with one guy - Rudy Gobert. You want to know why Quin left? Likely because the only big he could ever succeed with won't be on the team in the fall.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app