What's new

Head Coach Jerry Sloan to resign today :(

Someone please give me an example where Williams has command over the team and front office...

If Deron has forced Sloan out, I will no longer support Deron. Period. Stockton is 10 times the player Deron will ever be, and Stockton was always respectful of Sloan and never knifed Sloan in the back. I hope Deron has not forced this event. I hope he is not the ringleader in a player revolt. This kind of crap simply does not happen on the Jazz. We get rid of bad egg players, we don't get rid of the coach. I am so not happy about any of this.

The bad egg was Jerry. Dude is washed up and everyone is emotional because Jerry has been here for so long.

Earlier today I thought the Egyptian President was stepping down, but after his press conference found out he will not step down but will transfer some powers to his VP.
Is this what will happen with Jerry?

Who's next?

6328115.jpg

The King is Dead!! Long Live the King!!

I used to rule the Jazz
Players would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the floors I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing
"Now the old Coach is dead! Long live the Coach!"

I used to rule the Jazz
Players would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the floors I used to own

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing
"Now the old coach is dead! Long live the coach!"

Great song, my current ringtone. But seriously, this feels like the end of an era and the beginning of when we'll refer to yesterday backwards as "the good old days"

I know you come here solely to start shi* with people... but I'm typing on a wireless keyboard and it's called a typo... deal with it.

So the "r" got lost in wireless space? In any case, I don't see it as a "mistake" -- more like..."improvement". Like how spiritual leaders change their names after a great event or revelation.

Long live Deon Williams.

On 1280 they just said last night the FO tried to talk Jerry out of resigning.
This also from Marc Stein: "Sources say Jazz tried Thursday morning to convince Sloan to change his mind and stay on but he wouldn't budge after events of WEDS night".

If Sloan wanted to go out "his way" then this could be it. If I had been a coach as long as Jerry, I would feel like I could walk at anytime and it would be on my own terms.

He always did seem to prefer to leave the game before it was over. It's only fitting that he got himself ejected mid-season.