What's new

Health & Fitness Thread

bump

Hope everyone is still doing well on their journey. It's been a little over a year since I lifted weights for the first time in life. In the last few months I did a short bulk and also a fast aggressive cut to try to get rid of the fat I gained in the bulking process. I got back to starting weight but am stronger this time around. As someone who has struggle with weight in the past, feels great to have a good understand/plan on how to increase/decrease weight effectively. I'm going on a modified powerlifting cycle the next couple of weeks before my next vacay, hoping to get my bench press up. I have crossed the Kevin Durant line so I am strong enough to play in the NBA.

Week 2 of (modified) Smolov Jr bench program is in the books. I’ve read that the second week is often the hardest, and I hope it is. This volume is getting tough lol.

Deadlifted 440 this morning. First time maxing out since January. Kept it pretty conservative and only went for a 5 lb increase and it was pretty smooth. Probably can grind out 460.
I havent hit that weight in a couple years. I have had a severe lack of consistent gyms moving around China and now in Africa. But I finally got my shipping container and bought a gym set to put on my roof area at the house. Ill post the video. Training the Olympic teams in China was not like in the USA in regards to gyms. Sometimes I would be in state of the art facilities and sometimes I had no gym and was training with rocks on the beach, sadly the same went for the athletes.

Benched this morning and it felt good so I went for a PR. Hit 240 with ease. Probably could have gotten. 250 or 255 with a spotter. Mostly just do reps with 225 and haven't tried to go over 225 ever.

Benched this morning and it felt good so I went for a PR. Hit 240 with ease. Probably could have gotten. 250 or 255 with a spotter. Mostly just do reps with 225 and haven't tried to go over 225 ever.

How much do you weigh? I recall you saying (years ago—hell, it might have even been ten years ago) you had trouble gaining weight.

Finished all 3 weeks of Smolov Jr bench. I was probably too beginner in the first place and I chose the wrong week to week increments. It was tough but I got through it. I’m no expert powerlifting expert but 10x3 at 92% 1RM seems aggressive haha.

I will probably test my new 1RM on Wednesday.

Decided to break protocol and test my new 1RM on bench today. Added +10 lbs, probably could have grinded out another 5 lbs. I should have waited until Wednesday like I had planned and pushed more weight, but I'm happy I got it. Achieved 125% BW on bench which is a nice checkpoint.