What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

Help me out.... Butler’s health concerns

Ineptimusprime

It’ll be a damn shame if we can’t find minutes for Butler. Dude is clearly an NBA player.

If nothing else, it should make it easy to offload Clarkson if we need to pivot at the deadline.

We have too many guards and bigs and not nearly enough playable 3s.

gandalfe

Jonathan Bender went 5. Was he supposed to go higher? Or are you talking about John Bender? Because that guy had a lot of red flags between substance abuse, truancy, an attitude problem, and not being able to finish jokes about naked blondes with poodles and salamis walking into a bar.
Didn't he get a scholarship?

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
You may get a few Borchardts every now and again.
Yeah there are a few but I’m not sure that guy is great even if the foot works. When they can’t play I guess you’ll never know. I’m fine risking a Borchadt in the 20s… hell I make take that over a Bradley.

bombastic

Complete speculation I dont have insider information.
For heart, the only condition that I can think of that can be a concern one day but you are cleared to play professional sports a few months later is some form of arrhythmia. Most likely a-fibs but there are other conditions too. It is not uncommon and usually not life-threatening. Many players have it and had good careers (LaMarcus Aldrige).

For knee who knows it could be 20 different things. Considering he is playing it was not ACL. One thing that would be concerning with the knee is if he had the meniscus completely removed. Usually very rarely done today in orthopedic surgery. This is the condition where he would be able to play today and feel no pain but in 3-4 years he would be out of the league (Bradon Roy).

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Complete speculation I dont have insider information.
For heart, the only condition that I can think of that can be a concern one day but you are cleared to play professional sports a few months later is some form of arrhythmia. Most likely a-fibs but there are other conditions too. It is not uncommon and usually not life-threatening. Many players have it and had good careers (LaMarcus Aldrige).

For knee who knows it could be 20 different things. Considering he is playing it was not ACL. One thing that would be concerning with the knee is if he had the meniscus completely removed. Usually very rarely done today in orthopedic surgery. This is the condition where he would be able to play today and feel no pain but in 3-4 years he would be out of the league (Bradon Roy).
He may have an underlying benign rhythm issue but it is not AFib. LMA does not have AFib but a rare condition called Wolff Parkinson White.

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

I mean the Jazz even dodged him as long as they possibly could.

This scenario has happened before... sometimes the player becomes Malcolm Brogdon

I'm not sure what the knee issue is but I think that type of red flag is common. The heart thing is likely the one that scared more people because it might be a Bosh type of thing where he just flat out can't play.

I can't recall anyone with two red flags either... if the heart is good I think the knee issue isn't one to worry about too much early in his career. If he ends up having issues I think its later in his career.
It’ll be a damn shame if we can’t find minutes for Butler. Dude is clearly an NBA player.

If nothing else, it should make it easy to offload Clarkson if we need to pivot at the deadline.

We have too many guards and bigs and not nearly enough playable 3s.
Relax man. If Butler really is this good he’ll get his minutes. Not worried

jazzfan1132

He plays carrefully, no dunks, no flashes. Look like he knows game well and because of knees/heart game slows down for him. He has established position already
Another Thing is Quin gives him minutes.

Last edited: