What's new

Herro Rumors

From that article:

If he has another jump in PPP as a PnR ball handler, then he'd enter another tier of NBA players.
Screen Shot 2023-09-21 at 3.47.29 PM.png

More from that article:

Per BBall-Index, here are some of his 3pt shooting metrics compared to off-ball guards/primary ball-handlers/shot creators

96th/89th/87th percentile in 3pt shooting talent
98th/92nd/96th in 3pt pull-up talent

There are only three other players — Tyrese Haliburton, Donovan Mitchell, and Stephen Curry — that are ranked in the same percentile or higher in 3pt pull-up, 3pt catch-and-shoot, and overall 3pt talent.

From that article:

If he has another jump in PPP as a PnR ball handler, then he'd enter another tier of NBA players.
View attachment 15113

More from that article:

Per BBall-Index, here are some of his 3pt shooting metrics compared to off-ball guards/primary ball-handlers/shot creators

There are only three other players — Tyrese Haliburton, Donovan Mitchell, and Stephen Curry — that are ranked in the same percentile or higher in 3pt pull-up, 3pt catch-and-shoot, and overall 3pt talent.
That's very impressive data

From that article:

View attachment 15113

More from that article:

That's encouraging and good info.

Just read another "Bold trade proposal" saying the Jazz should send Markkanen, Fonteccio and picks to Miami for Herro...
Do they think we are going to play 4 guards and Kessler?
I am tired of off-season click bait and ready for the season to start.

Simply put there are few shooters on the level of Herro and that alone is worth a lot of money. Combine that with some budding lead guard ability, I think he's on a great salary.

I find the Clarkson's comps laughable when Clarkson struggles to maintain 33% from 3 on the similar volume.

I'm not saying we should or shouldn't hoard picks right now. But if you want to talk about asset management and prepping ourselves for the BIG FISH!!! the best way to do that is to ensure our young players can get burn and increase their perceived value around the league. When teams trade a superstar they are rarely interested in players that are good now on big contracts... they are rebuilding... picks and good young players is the currency required. If your young guys are all in the G League it will put some limits on their value.

So if we do a Herro deal... hopefully it clears up some playing time somehow. If it costs more than one pick (and Sexton +) I have a hard time seeing us get excess value if we trade Herro later. So if we trade for him it is with the idea he is part of the present and future imo.
One FRP plus Sexton for Herro is nuts. Sexton alone if healthy could be better than Herro in the upcoming season.

From that article:

View attachment 15113

More from that article:

Ok here’s my cherry pickings: Herro’s 114.1 points per 100 shot attempts puts him in the 50th percentile among wings, BBall-Index has him as one of the least efficient isolation scorers in the league, his effective field-goal percentage has ranked below league average every season. Idk, adding an inefficient one-way player to our team that needs defense and playmaking doesn’t cut it for me (unless he comes cheap enough and Danny believes he can use him as a trade piece sooner than later).

Last edited:
Simply put there are few shooters on the level of Herro and that alone is worth a lot of money. Combine that with some budding lead guard ability, I think he's on a great salary.

I find the Clarkson's comps laughable when Clarkson struggles to maintain 33% from 3 on the similar volume.
You are a weirdo... one guy who shoots 34% from 3 struggles to maintain 33%? what kind of wording is that.

The fact of the matter is JC and Herro score at a similar clip and a similar level of efficiency... so comp is not laughable. Herro def better... Herro is younger and may get better... I'd rather have Herro than JC if it was a choice... but laughable... calm down. The distance between Murray and Herro is greater than the distance between Herro and JC.... don't be a daft, obtuse, troll.

Just read another "Bold trade proposal" saying the Jazz should send Markkanen, Fonteccio and picks to Miami for Herro...
Do they think we are going to play 4 guards and Kessler?
I am tired of off-season click bait and ready for the season to start.
Ha... is that all it would take. I will say Miami fans are amongst the least tolerable when it comes to this stuff... would be amazing if Portland told the Heat to eff off.

I am not 100% sure if Herro would be perfect match for Jazz, but i think that it all depends on the price. If you can get him cheap enough and without giving any of Jazz's current major future assets (like Lauri, Kessler, Collins, Ochie, Henricks, Keyonte) i think Jazz should try make the deal with teams like Miami (mainly Herro to Jazz) and Portland (mainly Lillard to Miami) and possible other team(s)?. Biggest plus for Jazz is that Herro is very good shooter especially from freethrow line and beyond the 3pt line. And he is still relatively young & still learning and improving and fits very well the Jazz overall time line. I would probably try to get him for some combination of Clarkson, Olynyk, THT, Sexton, possible fill upps and maybe max 2-3 first round picks. It would still leave the jazz with multiple first round picks in future, which can be use to acquire more valuable assets.

You are a weirdo... one guy who shoots 34% from 3 struggles to maintain 33%? what kind of wording is that.

The fact of the matter is JC and Herro score at a similar clip and a similar level of efficiency... so comp is not laughable. Herro def better... Herro is younger and may get better... I'd rather have Herro than JC if it was a choice... but laughable... calm down. The distance between Murray and Herro is greater than the distance between Herro and JC.... don't be a daft, obtuse, troll.
Yes, shooting 34 is struggling to maintain 33. Please continue to find anything to argue with me about.

This is THT full shot dashboard stats from last year.

1695376507221.png

His 2P% looks decent but that number is strongly influenced by the distance he takes them from. 4.9 of his 6.3 (78%) coming from within 10 ft with a FG% of 51.1 from that distance. And that 51.1% eFG from within 10 ft ranks 180th among 269 players listed as guards, and 54th of the 66 players who had 4 or more attempts.

His lack of shot making and scoring touch is not limited to his 3P shooting. Its just general lack of scoring touch. He ranked in bottom 15th percentile in most distance/efficiency metrics.

Even more concerning though is that he takes those shots mainly in early to average clock situations. So at those times when you still have the ability to look for better shots/shooters.

Last edited:
Back