What's new

Honestly, why are we winning games at this point?

BC I told months ago nothing will help unless the whole team gets blown up. We have the next pop coaching this team - he is worth of multiple lottery picks. Of course players do the work in the end but the biggest reason most everyone gets better and better this fast is the generational coaching staff.

After seeing a lot of these guys play in the NCAA this past week, I’m pretty good with a few mid lotto picks. I don’t see a significant difference between 6 and 16 anyway. I’d rather continue to give Kessler and Jimmy Butler 2.0 experience than hope that we lose so we can draft the next Kessler and Jimmy Butler 2.0.

Last edited:
Bottom line is that players don't tank. The front office has tanked the **** out of this season. They have done the tank job of the decade, yet...

The problem is that hardy is not in on the tank. He is coaching to win. Coaching his *** off really. danny needs to pull him aside and tell him he needs to see the bottom of roster get starter minutes.

Bottom line is that players don't tank. The front office has tanked the **** out of this season. They have done the tank job of the decade, yet...
Our coach isn’t in the tank either. Nor should he be. A coach who tanks too much becomes… unemployed.

I came into this season hoping for top picks. But I can’t complain that Kessler has given us most of what Gobert gave us. Ochai is looking like a solid rookie. Hardy is an upgrade over Snyder. And a bunch of our core guys are solid players. At some point, ya just have gotta tip your hat to these guys and enjoy them doing their thing.

Why did Dok finally get some burn last night? Was this Hardy's attempt to appease the tanking Gods and suddenly Dok looks like Shaq in his prime?

I have been pleasantly surprised to see the positive response to Hardy's tough love. He is always pushing and pretty passionate with guys. Pretty rare to see a coach do that, let alone the players embrace it.

Sometimes i wonder if we should have a tankers and non tankers section on JFC, but then what would we talk about..

Sent from my SM-G996U using JazzFanz mobile app

it'll be interesting to hear opinions when we're about the same level watching the Spurs vault past us in a couple of years bc they tanked properly and got Victor

After seeing a lot of these guys play in the NCAA this past week, I’m pretty good with a few mid lotto picks. I don’t see a significant difference between 6 and 16 anyway. I’d rather continue to give Kessler and Jimmy Butler 2.0 experience than hope that we lose so we can draft the next Kessler and Jimmy Butler 2.0.
this is what DA would say right now and you think he wanted to lose smh
You think he was tanking, I say he was doing everything exactly how you should do it, so that if these win now types you are praising like Agbaji and Kessler could not get it done with more usage, then being in the middle of the lottery is exactly where you would end up.
He removed the short term pieces , showed his aces, and has won the game.
If we miss the post season we needed a higher pick anyway, if we don't while winning with younger potential core players , we didn't.
Its not tanking.

DA is not like the majority of fanbases who are obsessed with getting the next big name lottery pick when they lost 2 all stars.
The assumption we would be high lottery was always fools gold, unless the players we got from trades all sucked they don't so we don't.
DA is the king of the snap together model

this is what DA would say right now and you think he wanted to lose smh
You think he was tanking, I say he was doing everything exactly how you should do it, so that if these win now types you are praising like Agbaji and Kessler could not get it done with more usage, then being in the middle of the lottery is exactly where you would end up.
He removed the short term pieces , showed his aces, and has won the game.
If we miss the post season we needed a higher pick anyway, if we don't while winning with younger potential core players , we didn't.
Its not tanking.
I’ve read this post 3 times and I’m not sure what you’re complaining about. Do you wish Kessler and Agbaji had been busts so then we could draft their replacements? What’s your solution? trade away Kessler for future assets? How does that make sense? Honestly, you sound like someone who just doesn’t want to adjust their thinking so you’re lashing out in angry nonsensical posts.

Yeah, the Jazz attempted to tank by trading away their stars for young talent and draft picks. Poop, their young talent is still too good to finish with an epically bad record. Now we’re going to have to use 1st round picks that we’ve fleeced from the Wolves to complete an unexpectedly pretty solid roster. Oh noes!

A lot of tanking debate would be solved if you took off the Jazz team name for our record.

If you had heard of a WC team with loads of money and young talent, fighting for a playoff position with three 1st round picks this year and several more this decade, you’d be fearing that team.

I’ve read this post 3 times and I’m not sure what you’re complaining about. Do you wish Kessler and Agbaji had been busts so then we could draft their replacements? What’s your solution? trade away Kessler for future assets? How does that make sense? Honestly, you sound like someone who just doesn’t want to adjust their thinking so you’re lashing out in angry nonsensical posts.

Yeah, the Jazz attempted to tank by trading away their stars for young talent and draft picks. Poop, their young talent is still too good to finish with an epically bad record. Now we’re going to have to use 1st round picks that we’ve fleeced from the Wolves to complete an unexpectedly pretty solid roster. Oh noes!
Then read it fifty more times genius. lol
My post makes more sense than the bs theories you screamin that DA was always tanking, when in fact they were all just moves with future as the priority.
**** the draft.
DA did everything to make a mini tank possible, by letting the youth prove it or lose it after the deadline.

He was never all in on a full fledged tank. Only a lottery luck miser would suggest otherwise smh