What's new

How are we going to score without Al?

Kanter went 18 points on 16 shots with only 8 rebounds in 35 minutes and ZERO assists.

Jazz shot better from 3 than they did overall.

Millsap had a pretty nice game. Too bad another couple free throws didn't fall to cap it off.

It was a very timely win, fun and great to watch. Not an indictment of anybody though. Just another thought, where's the thread congratulating Corbs on winning huge without 2 key players? It cannot exist on JF.

So, if part of enjoying the win is pushing an agenda, hey have a great time. If not, it can be just as fun.

Once again corbin is forced to do what many of us think is best for the team due to injury.... He didn't choose to play this style of ball and these lineups, it was forced upon him due to injury.

Remember last year when burks never played and then at the end of the season bell, miles, and howard were all hurt so he was FORCED to play burks... Then we played our best basketball of the year and won like 9 out of our last 10 to make the playoffs.

Corbin does the correct thing best when he is forced to due to injury.

The point here is not whether we are better off with out Al or not. The point is that we have plenty of people capable of scoring with equal or better efficiency than Al. The majority of media reps feel that we wouldn't be able to score without big Al. That is simply false

Yes, because we won a game where we hit ~20 3s without Al, definitely means we don't need him.

Or Favors for that matter.

People who bring up that favors was also out are idiots... favors plays way less than big Al and doesn't dominate the offense like al does so it is a stupid comparison.

Yep, keep telling yourself that we our perimeter shots are not falling.

We had over 50 points in the paint homey.

Outside shots fall alot better when the ball moves, making those outside shots wide open instead of contested forced outside shots at the end of shot clocks.

Al is not incapable of defending, he is susceptible to being fatigued and also cannot be exposed very far from the basket. Al rotates very well, just not very often. That has to improve and while it has come from a very low point he's clearly improved. As has been beaten to death it's ridiculous to expect any center to guard a pg out past the foul line. Kanter got absolutely smoked at least once tonight in the exact same situation Al was in the other day.

You play your players to their strengths and try to hide their weaknesses. Very few players are great on both sides of the ball. Get your head on straight. Al contributes by putting so much pressure on a defense. They have to deny him the ball, double him or send somebody backside to try for a steal. Now against guys like all-world post defense Duncan it doesn't help much but then again this is not a HOF player we are talking about here.

Al is an offensive focus. You preach that everything would be peachy without an offensive focus but look around the league at the teams without one. They have no chance.

According your post brown, it sounds like the coach isn't using big al properly and isn't coaching the rest of the team to play correctly with him in the lineup

Kanter went 18 points on 16 shots with only 8 rebounds in 35 minutes and ZERO assists.

Jazz shot better from 3 than they did overall.

Millsap had a pretty nice game. Too bad another couple free throws didn't fall to cap it off.

In kanters 1st ever game as a starter..... as a 20 year old, already putting up al jefferson like numbers.

Wonder what he would be able to do with more minutes and more starts.

In kanters 1st ever game as a starter..... as a 20 year old, already putting up al jefferson like numbers.

Wonder what he would be able to do with more minutes and more starts.

This. I have been back & forth on Al. But last night made a point. The ball movement was incredible, and the team system thrives on ball movement. Everything opens up, inside & out because the opposition has to scramble to keep up.

The frustrating thing about last nights game is that it is not that the Jazz won because Jefferson. On the other side they didn't just win because they hit outside shots.

If you honestly believe that the ball movement was the same as it normally is then you are either lying to yourself or you are blind.

I really appreciate that GVC brought up that the Jazz are 4-1 with Jefferson not in the line up.

Did the Jazz win just because Jefferson was there? No. Did the Jazz win because they hit all those outside shots? No. It is a combination of both.

My biggest take away from last nights game is how I feel about this Jazz team. For the first time this season I woke up excited about what can be for this team.

The frustrating thing about last nights game is that it is not that the Jazz won because Jefferson. On the other side they didn't just win because they hit outside shots.

If you honestly believe that the ball movement was the same as it normally is then you are either lying to yourself or you are blind.

I really appreciate that GVC brought up that the Jazz are 4-1 with Jefferson not in the line up.

Did the Jazz win just because Jefferson was there? No. Did the Jazz win because they hit all those outside shots? No. It is a combination of both.

My biggest take away from last nights game is how I feel about this Jazz team. For the first time this season I woke up excited about what can be for this team.

Toronto's defense sucks *** so bad it can't even be compared to the Washington Wizards. Preach on about how blind we are though.

Toronto's defense sucks *** so bad it can't even be compared to the Washington Wizards. Preach on about how blind we are though.

Orangello main point in his post was that he was actually excited to watch the jazz play.... alot of us have felt like watching the jazz play lately has been boring and stale, but last night was different for most of us..... we actually had fun watching them.

Keep on trollin though frank!

Orangello main point in his post was that he was actually excited to watch the jazz play.... alot of us have felt like watching the jazz play lately has been boring and stale, but last night was different for most of us..... we actually had fun watching them.

Keep on trollin though frank!

Will rep later.

It was the 4-16 Raptors, folks. The Raptors.

True and a good point. But the Jazz won by 32 points last night. Not 10, 12, or even 20. 32 points. The Jazz SHOULD beat teams like that by 32....that's their potential. Last night, they achieved it. Underachieving their potential has been my #1 complaint about the Jazz over the years. If they'd just play up to their potential, they'd be SO good. Last night they did it. Yes it was one game, but if they play like that consistently, against other teams who are much better than Toronto, they'd still beat them; not by 32, but still come out with a W.

It was the ball movement last night that made the difference. I believe they got good shots and got in rhythm because of how well they moved the ball. They do that better without Al. Everyone else, even Favors and Kanter, are better at working within the system that demands strong ball movement.

Over the 11/12 and 12/13 seasons, the Jazz are 42-39 with Al in the lineup. The average score in those games is 99.4-99.0.

Over the 11/12 and 12/13 seasons, the Jazz are 5-1 without Al in the lineup. The average score in those games is 105.7-98.2.