What's new

How good or bad is Enes Kanter. Really.

One thing I am looking for is how well his game compliments/is complimented by Favors.

He is either going to be completely terrible (getting his shot blocked, fouling like crazy, looking generally pathetic) or he is going to be pretty good backup (rebounding, getting a lot of put-backs).

That time Cy told Jazzfanz the future.

Reactions: MVP
Yeah, you said he was either going to be bad or good and he turned out to be one of them.

Move over Nostradamus.

Well I said he was either going to be awful, or be a good backup. A lot of posters were acting like he was going to be an All-Star caliber, or close to it, starting big man.

Well I said he was either going to be awful, or be a good backup. A lot of posters were acting like he was going to be an All-Star caliber, or close to it, starting big man.

His career must be over and decided since he is 22 years old.

His career must be over and decided since he is 22 years old.

Nevertheless, my expectations are declining. He has shown some flashes, but even then he's not very quick, is very inconsistent with his outside shot, is a less than average defender and passer, and does not possess a particularly high basketball IQ. Can his strength and power make up for all those deficiencies?

Reactions: MVP
Nevertheless, my expectations are declining. He has shown some flashes, but even then he's not very quick, is very inconsistent with his outside shot, is a less than average defender and passer, and does not possess a particularly high basketball IQ. Can his strength and power make up for all those deficiencies?

In addition, he is not "athletic", he has white man's disease and cannot jump. That makes him unable to protect the rim on D or go hard at it on O. He does not clog the lane or block shots. IF he can develop and effective 3 point shot, he has a decent future in the league, but that will be critical. Early results are not good, he better hit the gym and shoot 500 per day.

And also, there is always the possibility for him to come back to the Jazz as a veteran.

If he grows a basketball brain better than this that is.

I think that although kanter has some real weaknesses, I don't think shooting is one of them.
Right now his shot is not falling but I think it's just a slump/funk. I believe he is a great mid range shooter and I think his three point shot will come around.

He will always be poor defensively due to physical limitations

I think that although kanter has some real weaknesses, I don't think shooting is one of them.
Right now his shot is not falling but I think it's just a slump/funk. I believe he is a great mid range shooter and I think his three point shot will come around.

I sure hope so, as that would be big for the team but there is no great reason for optimism either.

He will always be poor defensively due to physical limitations

So maybe if he struggles we get him cheaper this summer?
Only a 4-year deal. Might be worth it to keep him and draft another PF. If Favors or Gobert go down, Kanter can fill in at the 5; we need a guy like that. And he keeps working on his shot under Quin.

Yeah, you said he was either going to be bad or good and he turned out to be one of them.

Move over Nostradamus.

He actually basically said Kanter would either suck or be average. Pretty contrary to what most thought at the time.