What's new

How has the virus affected you directly?

Oh. And I caved and let my wife get chicks. I guess eventually we'll get eggs, and she and the kids are happy, but they're annoying little things. Can't wait to tell the kids if they don't listen I'm gonna cook the damn things.

My wife wants chicks, badly. But I’ve already got six kids, three dogs, and four rabbits that nobody wants to take care of. Not happening.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Depends if you and your family have lost a loved one.
How about if you or your family lost a loved one to depression, poverty, homelessness, drugs/alcohol unemployment (inability to pay for food, medical expenses etc)?

Not having a job can certainly lead to death in many different ways.

Also if the loved one already died from covid 19 then the cure (social distancing) didn't work anyways right?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

How about if you or your family lost a loved one to depression, poverty, homelessness, drugs/alcohol unemployment (inability to pay for food, medical expenses etc)?

Also if the loved one already died from covid 19 then the cure (social distancing) didn't work anyways right?

Yeah but deaths from those aren't gonna be 20,000+ though.. plus the government has a compensation package.

Yeah but deaths from those aren't gonna be 20,000+ though.. plus the government has a compensation package.
Ya only like 10,000,000 people filed for employment in the US in the last couple weeks. No biggie

There are more than 48,000 suicides per year in the U.S..

These are legit questions.

My hope is that when things start back up we recover very quickly.

My fear is that we were a bit overdue for a recession anyway, this jump started it, and now we may be in for a much more serious recession than we would have had otherwise.

A big economic downturn absolutely kills people. Hard to put a hard number on it, but it kills people. Not only does it kill people, but it reduces the quality of life for many many millions of people. In some cases it significantly reduces the quality of life.

I'm all for trying to slow the spread of COVID-19, but I do think there is a point when the cure is worse than the disease.

I look around my workplace and i think who isnt gonna be here at the end of this.

I look around my workplace and i think who isnt gonna be here at the end of this

Yep. I’m wondering if our superintendent thinks we will start next year remotely and could stay that way for at least a couple months, if he lays off a bunch of non-tenured teachers. We have about 12 buildings in the district. Lay off two people at each and thats 24 ppl. Since we start over 50K, that would be save about 1.2 million dollars.

I miss the gym and seeing the regulars. Also Im in need of a haircut bad lol.
Since I couldn't go to the gym I tried to replicate some exercises at home and ended up hurting myself and now have tennis elbow. Today is the first day that I have lifted in like 10 days and I probably shouldn't even be lifting cause my arm still hurts like crazy but I can't wait the 6 months-a year that it might take to heal.

Just trying to do exercises that hurt less lol.

I went to a campground the other day to check it out and do some fishing and parked at a cement parking block thing and heard a bad noise so I went in reverse and the noise got worse.
Got out of my truck and my air dam (thing below the front bumper that I guess helps get better gas mileage and better horsepower) was ripped halfway off.
There was a piece of iron/metal (rebar?) sticking up that had caught on my bumper.

Now I'm using a bungee cord to hold it up lol
IMG_20200406_171323_01.jpeg

Not happening lmfao. Yeah, just like that third dog and fourth rabbit weren’t happening!!!

Or kids 4-6. I have nothing to do with the rabbits. If my wife or kids didn’t do it, I would let them die and throw them in the garbage can right before pickup.
I was fully on board for dog #3.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app