What's new

How long til we can trust Jae Crowder?

Seriously. He’s superb from the line. There’s no reason if he stays in Utah for the summer and works on his shot that Rubio can’t come back and hit between 35-37% from 3 next year.

That would be so ****ing huge to who we are.

Seriously. He’s superb from the line. There’s no reason if he stays in Utah for the summer and works on his shot that Rubio can’t come back and hit between 35-37% from 3 next year.

The biggest key to Ricky is getting to the rim effectively and not missing layups. When he can do that, he can get Utah through our tough shooting stretches. The 3 point shooting is important, but not the most critical part of what Ricky brings to our offense, despite all the criticism he took early in the year for not being able to shoot.

I’d roll with the whole team. I can’t think of a single player whose personality, what we see at least, that bugs me.

Gobert, Crowder, Mitchell, Ingles, O’Neale, Rubio, Favors, Jerebko...

Fishing trip with Ingles would be pretty good. Don't think I could hang with Rudy, those suits...

Jeff Teague shoulder-checks Rubio into the front row.

First guy in Teague's grill? Jae Crowder.

Then follows up by getting in Thib's face.

/thread
Yep. I think we can trust him to be the biggest BAMF on the team. And notice he was closing over Favors. Realize that was in part because of no KAT. But I'd say Quin already trusts him.

And his father is on record as saying he hopes Jae finishes his career as a member of the Jazz. If Snyder can help Jae rediscover his shooting touch, especially from the other corner as a 4, Jae could be part of the answer the Jazz need.

The biggest key to Ricky is getting to the rim effectively and not missing layups. When he can do that, he can get Utah through our tough shooting stretches. The 3 point shooting is important, but not the most critical part of what Ricky brings to our offense, despite all the criticism he took early in the year for not being able to shoot.

I don’t agree. Teams play four out for a reason. If Rubio isnt even respectable there and Gobert is completely MIA from there, that’s only three. The floor isn’t spread like teams spread it in 2018. Heck, and that’s if we have a stretch 4.

Yep. I think we can trust him to be the biggest BAMF on the team. And notice he was closing over Favors. Realize that was in part because of no KAT. But I'd say Quin already trusts him.

And his father is on record as saying he hopes Jae finishes his career as a member of the Jazz. If Snyder can help Jae rediscover his shooting touch, especially from the other corner as a 4, Jae could be part of the answer the Jazz need.
Anybody who can be a defensive stopper against big wings in the playoffs is a keeper. It’s one of the reasons I’m hoping for a Burks for Carroll swap this offseason. Gobert, Udoh, Favors, Thabo, Crowder, Carroll, Jingles, O’Neale, Mitchell, Exum and Rubio is one hell of a defensive lineup.

Great assessments from Wes Mantooth and karlmalone. Fill the roster with these great finds and tough, "winning" players. It was something DL refused to do in trying to "tank" and get lottery picks. And the lack of depth meant Lindsey just didn't have any assets to make significant trades. Now Utah can use their pick (which might be in the 13-16 range) and guys like O'Neale, Crowder, even Bradley to get another impact player. It's going to be an interesting summer.

This has been part of the Dubs strategy imo. They have not only elite talent and shooting but a lot of toughness with Green, Zaza (Bogut before), Iggy, etc.

Get athletic, multi-faceted guys who can shoot and buy into playing great defense. Have a big body who can rebound and play d at the 5. We have the 5 and a multi-faceted guy in Mitchell. In Ingles too but he’s more of a bench/5th man imo.

If Rubio ever developed his shot, he’d be one of those guys so I’m very curious to see if there’s growth next year. Exum could maybe be one too. But I highly doubt either are gonna be your typical top 2-3 guy on a championship team type of guy.

That’s what we need. One more gem in the draft to become a stud. Or for Exum to turn into Kobe. And for Rubio to stay in Utah and work on his shot this summer and come back next year hitting ~36% from 3.

I was talking more specifically about a player's team-first mentality/all-out style of play. I agree GSW has multiple tough competitors but some styles of competitiveness can ultimately have a net-negative impact on a locker room/team chemistry in the long run.

DM, Gobert, Ingles, & Crowder (& possibly Royce) all seem to bring that fire/drive, but in a way that is beneficual & unlikely to potentially lead to unnecessary distractions, future locker room issues, etc. That type of (skilled) competitor is not only uncommon imo but also a (typically) necessary piece/characteristic of a championship caliber team..

DL deserves credit for targeting versatile athletes capable of switching defensively, as well, but I'm more impressed by the amount of stock he seems to place in tean culture, individual character, etc.

Talent wins titles, especially these days. But, as a small-market team, it's logical to safeguard ourselves from the possibility of failing to eventually acquire that 'missing' piece by assembling a young, defense oriented team consisting of high motor/high character players. I actually expect our team make-up to help us over-achieve. Now & in the future.

Probably as long as it took some people to comprehend the fact that the Bermuda triangle wasn't the root of all our problems.

It was the biggest problem with the team. Why did the Jazz start playing well? Because that lineup was no longer the worst lineup in the NBA and actually started playing well.

As for Jae...yeah it's very cool that he's tough and all, but he is poor decision maker being put into a high volume role. I hate it. He's reckless and often out of control. There's a role for him, but it's certainly not a high volume shooter and decision maker in the second unit. No way. It shouldn't be a crime to evaluate a player objectively. Sorry, but pushing an opposing player doesn't make his decision making or shooting any better.

Thabo was a significantly better player imo. And while he wasn't a "tough guy", he made more hustle players and was actually a good defender.

Last edited:

It would be huge, but there is a good reason it wouldn't work...That reason being that he has never done that his entire career. Rubio has worked on his shot his entire career. It's not like it's bad because he hasn't tried to work on it.

The layup game is where I see more potential. The Jazz coaching staff has done a great job developing other players around the rim. Mitchell, Exum, Neto, Ingles etc have gotten significantly better around the basket and you can see the coaching staff's influence in their games.

I’d roll with the whole team. I can’t think of a single player whose personality, what we see at least, that bugs me.

Gobert, Crowder, Mitchell, Ingles, O’Neale, Rubio, Favors, Jerebko...

Need to get some of these guys to play in a poker tournament sometime. You know, community relations.

Call me cynical, and I know I’ll get lambasted for saying this, but I think Mitchell bolts the first chance he can. He seems too mature and too happy for me. His dad has coached him up his whole life on how to play the PR game and the kid has done it almost perfectly.

I just don’t buy it. I’m jaded I guess.

Call me cynical, and I know I’ll get lambasted for saying this, but I think Mitchell bolts the first chance he can. He seems too mature and too happy for me. His dad has coached him up his whole life on how to play the PR game and the kid has done it almost perfectly.

I just don’t buy it. I’m jaded I guess.
Boo! Booo!

I’m serious though. He always just seems “on” like he’s Tom Cruise or Will Smith or some other weird Hollywooder.

Fishing trip with Ingles would be pretty good. Don't think I could hang with Rudy, those suits...

Lol. Me and jingles would get along famously out on a lake (his boat of course) with some beers and whiskey.