What's new

I’m never drinking again. Never.

My hangover with memory loss experience, just for you to learn :).
When i was 26 years old (2000 september), we had a birthday of an ex-coworker, about 5 km from my home in suburb of Tallinn. I used bicycle to travel that distance.
Party was non-eventful (eating snacks, drinking wine etc). The final drink we had was a homemade strawberry wine and little bit whisky; i was not a heavy drinker so maybe i consumed about 1-2 beers and couple of classes wine and one shot of whisky.
Next thing i remember was when i woke up from my bed. Head was hurting. First thought was - how i got home? Well, my bicycle was in the attick as it was supposed to be when i am back from cycling. Car was also in the right place. My mother told me that i arrived around midnight without any problems or extra noise or broken kitchenware etc. and went right to the bed after washing my teeth.
I called to the party host - he told me that he noticed nothing wrong with me. We checked the time - it seems that i covered the 5km distance with less than 30 minutes. So not a fast tempo, but not awfully slow either.
Head was still hurting and i breathed strawberry fumes. After that i have never tried to drink homemade wine (only slight tasting to be polite to the host).

Next case:
Had a class reuninion in the beach, summer 2002.
Drink beer and some coctails (about 4-8 cl 80% Stroh + Cocacola - total drink size about 0,5 litre).
Had a fun evening, last thing i remember was talking something around campfire.
Next thing i remember - i was lying on the beach (around 5 AM), only with swimming pants, covered with a safety jacket, heavy rain, head is hurting.
Fortunately - video showed that i was playing with a child of my classmate and then fell asleep near the campfire.
I have not drink Stroh anymore.

So i hope it is useful for somebody; i.e do not drink much homemade wine (specially if it is strong) and Stroh. Also, mixing Tequila and sparkling wine is also not a good idea.

When i was 26 years old (2000 september), we had a birthday of an ex-coworker, about 5 km from my home in suburb of Tallinn. I used bicycle to travel that distance.
Party was non-eventful (eating snacks, drinking wine etc). The final drink we had was a homemade strawberry wine and little bit whisky; i was not a heavy drinker so maybe i consumed about 1-2 beers and couple of classes wine and one shot of whisky.
Next thing i remember was when i woke up from my bed. Head was hurting. First thought was - how i got home? Well, my bicycle was in the attick as it was supposed to be when i am back from cycling. Car was also in the right place. My mother told me that i arrived around midnight without any problems or extra noise or broken kitchenware etc. and went right to the bed after washing my teeth.
I called to the party host - he told me that he noticed nothing wrong with me. We checked the time - it seems that i covered the 5km distance with less than 30 minutes. So not a fast tempo, but not awfully slow either.
Head was still hurting and i breathed strawberry fumes. After that i have never tried to drink homemade wine (only slight tasting to be polite to the host).

Next case:
Drink beer and some coctails (about 4-8 cl 80% Stroh + Cocacola - total drink size about 0,5 litre).
Next thing i remember - i was lying on the beach (around 5 AM), only with swimming pants, covered with a safety jacket, heavy rain, head is hurting.
Fortunately - video showed that i was playing with a child of my classmate and then fell asleep near the campfire.

So i hope it is useful for somebody; i.e do not drink much homemade wine (specially if it is strong) and Stroh. Also, mixing Tequila and sparkling wine is also not a good idea.
You lost me at km...

Next case:

Amateur

Next case:

You need more practice.

You need more practice.

Hell dont even remember much of the 2000s, ran into a bird today that used to be engaged to a mate and didn't recognise her (fair play i hadnt seen her in ten years.) Surprised she was still tidy...

I can only drink about 5% of what I used to. Around that limit, I start thinking, “wtf am I doing this when there are a half dozen better ways to alter my consciousness?”

Next case:

Maybe you have got bad genes for drinking?

https://source.wustl.edu/2004/03/alcoholinduced-blackouts-may-be-genetic/

I have never really blacked out. Sometimes some details are fuzzy but I can usually piece things together. Every now and then there is a detail or two from the evening I dont remember. Although sometimes they are claims from someone else who was drinking with me so they might not be the most reliable source of memory either. I think I do some pretty heavy drinking now and then.

Bruh, aren't you in your 40's? You gotta chill.

44 this summer. I honestly rarely drink. I drank 6-7 beers (Southern Tier, Dogfish Head and Leinenkugel) Friday night and then the Sangria the other night.

Other than that, I really rarely drink unless I go out with some friends after work on a Friday. I’ll do 4-6 beers there. And wine when the wifey and I go out to dinner.

44 this summer. I honestly rarely drink. I drank 6-7 beers (Southern Tier, Dogfish Head and Leinenkugel) Friday night and then the Sangria the other night.

Other than that, I really rarely drink unless I go out with some friends after work on a Friday. I’ll do 4-6 beers there. And wine when the wifey and I go out to dinner.
Dogfish Head Brown Ale is my favorite beer of all time.

worst hangover is when you drink vodka or moonshine and top it up with beer. Just the nastiest thing every next day.