What's new

I can't believe...

You can say that about the vast majority of players in the NBA. This isn't a discussion about whether or not Dante was a great draft pick.

Dante sucks and he was a horrible pick check the stats the homers about him are in denial and the one who thinks he sucks are realist.

I only read the first page, but from that sample, I conclude that all you did with your post was trigger both sides into another, endless Exum debate.

Yep. I think at this point, it's inevitable. I could start a thread about my ex girlfriend. Boom, Exum argument. Talk about how Wolverine is my favorite XMan. Boom, Exum argument.

I could see it now.... "I wish Exum was our x-player" or "if Exum had adamantium bones".

Dante sucks and he was a horrible pick check the stats the homers about him are in denial and the one who thinks he sucks are realist.
Yeah, well, I disagree. I still think he has lots of talent and can be a really solid player, but he's had a really **** run with injuries. If that's your stand, fine, have your stand, I don't care.

Yeah, well, I disagree. I still think he has lots of talent and can be a really solid player, but he's had a really **** run with injuries. If that's your stand, fine, have your stand, I don't care.

You are saying he can be, I'm stating what he has been . Let's end with that

He's sucked because of his many injuries.

We'll never know what he could have been at this point.

I still have never seen anyone glide so effortlessly on defense than him. The kid moves smoothly. Too bad he's made out of a bag of Doritos.

He's sucked because of his many injuries.

We'll never know what he could have been at this point.

I still have never seen anyone glide so effortlessly on defense than him. The kid moves smoothly. Too bad he's made out of a bag of Doritos.

Don't use the injuries as an excuse man

Don't use the injuries as an excuse man
I'm not making excuses. It's a valid point. Players who didn't live up to expectations because of injuries are different than players who just sucked e.g. Sam Bowie, Greg Oden vs the likes of players like Anthony Bennet.

Dante is still young enough to do something with his career. I wouldn't bet on it though.

I'm not making excuses. It's a valid point. Players who didn't live up to expectations because of injuries are different than players who just sucked e.g. Sam Bowie, Greg Oden vs the likes of players like Anthony Bennet.

Dante is still young enough to do something with his career. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Injuries aren’t why the kid can’t hit the broad side of a barn or is an epileptic Baryshnikov on the court.

If his injuries don't heal he will be worse is that what you mean ? He sucked before he got hurt too

Stop using injuries as excuse for Exum. When he was not injured he posted record worst stats for any NBA player given the amount of minutes played in his rookie season. Dude is terrible. Career PER of 8.1. Like seriously.

He might not have been a good pick in hindsight, but he doesn't suck either.

At the very least, he's a high caliber defender. You just seem to only care about offense.

He might not have been a good pick in hindsight, but he doesn't suck either.

At the very least, he's a high caliber defender. You just seem to only care about offense.

He is a decent defender don't overrate him like DL did. High Caliber because he had one good game against Harden ?

Reactions: MVP
Pointing out that injuries haven't helped Dante's career doesn't mean you're making excuses. Some of you guys get too damn sensitive with your takes.

There's a very logical reason why the front office would be so attached to Dante for as long as they have been and I believe it's being overlooked (or just scoffed at). Who amongst our roster that is not part of the current core (Donovan, Rudy, Mike, Bojan) has enough potential that they can be a legitimate gamechanger for the franchise in the future? Dante. And he's really it. Maaaaayyyybbbe Royce although I would say that as much as I love Royce I think he's probably just a role guy. After we traded for Mike Conley, Dante became even more important in the eyes of the front office because we gave up some youth and future picks. The front office is/has been, playing the long game in regards to Dante. Hoping that it pays off. That can be hard on fans because we want everything right now. It's kind of the nature of being a fan. I'm not saying you have to agree with the front office on this subject. I just think seeing their point of view gives the opposite perspective. It's not that they are infatuated with him or blind to the injury issues.

Pointing out that injuries haven't helped Dante's career doesn't mean you're making excuses. Some of you guys get too damn sensitive with your takes.

Sensitive ? No hard feelings and sharing he did no good for this franchise since he got here . But it's not Dante's fault if DL is stupid enough to reward his bustness