What's new

I can't believe...

There's a very logical reason why the front office would be so attached to Dante for as long as they have been and I believe it's being overlooked (or just scoffed at). Who amongst our roster that is not part of the current core (Donovan, Rudy, Mike, Bojan) has enough potential that they can be a legitimate gamechanger for the franchise in the future? Dante. And he's really it. Maaaaayyyybbbe Royce although I would say that as much as I love Royce I think he's probably just a role guy. After we traded for Mike Conley, Dante became even more important in the eyes of the front office because we gave up some youth and future picks. The front office is/has been, playing the long game in regards to Dante. Hoping that it pays off. That can be hard on fans because we want everything right now. It's kind of the nature of being a fan. I'm not saying you have to agree with the front office on this subject. I just think seeing their point of view gives the opposite perspective. It's not that they are infatuated with him or blind to the injury issues.

DL was also dumb to make Hood the go to guy look how well that worked out to be. But Dante sucks more than Hood who was drafted after him

Reactions: MVP
Ok man, guess you have a heart for glassbones.

And then it boomeranged and flew over your head again, dang. Read my post again man. If you do you will see that I didn't take a side in this argument. I did not express my opinion on the subject. I was simply saying I can see the point of view of DL and the front office.

And then it boomeranged and flew over your head again, dang. Read my post again man. If you do you will see that I didn't take a side in this argument. I did not express my opinion on the subject. I was simply saying I can see the point of view of DL and the front office.

State your case and I will state mine, may this year prove the truth

How are we going to address all the bandwagon fans this upcoming season?

By judging them by their join date and testing their jazz knowledge via an initiation. Or they can't make the jazzfanz family they can join realgm. Also we should trade JAZZ when Exum leaves too because he sucks just as bad lol

There's a very logical reason why the front office would be so attached to Dante for as long as they have been and I believe it's being overlooked (or just scoffed at). Who amongst our roster that is not part of the current core (Donovan, Rudy, Mike, Bojan) has enough potential that they can be a legitimate gamechanger for the franchise in the future? Dante. And he's really it. Maaaaayyyybbbe Royce although I would say that as much as I love Royce I think he's probably just a role guy. After we traded for Mike Conley, Dante became even more important in the eyes of the front office because we gave up some youth and future picks. The front office is/has been, playing the long game in regards to Dante. Hoping that it pays off. That can be hard on fans because we want everything right now. It's kind of the nature of being a fan. I'm not saying you have to agree with the front office on this subject. I just think seeing their point of view gives the opposite perspective. It's not that they are infatuated with him or blind to the injury issues.

Well said and quite clear that this is the case. They are making a bet based upon what they have seen. And like all bets with professional athletes this has risk. No one is right all of the time but they still believe in Dante. I am looking forward to seeing what happens with Dante and I think it is well worth the risk for multiple reasons.

Reactions: SCS
If Exum is healthy and steps up this season, and Mudiay plays well. Do we try and resign Mudiay and trade Conley for a legit 4?

For now. Yes. But let's imagine what if we did not resign Dante and have his 9mil available in cap space, and the players that we could possibly sign to improve this team even further with that money.

Again, for now everyone can celebrate and be happy. But if Dante ends up getting hurt again and we fall short, I'm sure people will bring it up once more.

For us being in a legit position to compete for a NBA title probably for the first time since 1999, DL's decision to bring back the big project in Dante at such a high price one summer ago will likely go down as one of the biggest “what ifs” in this franchise’s history.

Last edited:
It has been a while yo.

I'm just happy we have a great starting unit right now and also have acquired some depth which was a concern earlier.