What's new

I think we should trade Lyles for a PG

Doublea

I like lyles as a prospect and I think he's going to be a good player, but I think we really need to address the PG spot.

I think Lyles and a first round pick could get a good player.

I would probably try to get:
Dennis Schroder
George Hill
Darren Collison
Mike Conley (if grizzles decide to blow it up this season).

The only problem with this plan is,
a. We have Exum coming back next year. (Though will he be ready to start/really help us?)
b. We have money to spend this summer and we could go get a point guard that way.

I really think Lyles needs to go to the D-League (I know the season hasnt started yet). He just isn't NBA ready and I don't feel like the minutes he is getting are really benefiting him.

I'm sure teams will be trampling each other to give us their PGs for the honor of having Lyles. Maybe GS will give us Curry for him?

damn OKC lost at home. Looks like that game we have against the Raptors at home might be tougher than I thought...

I'm sorry, but I can't get over how hilarious this thread is. Dennis Schroeder for our late 1st round pick and Trey Lyles. ROFL. Man, what a strange ****ing world we live in.

There was a funny moment of the Portland game where Vonleh was posting up Lyles. Two bust PF's going at it. Vonleh missed of course, because he is so bad he cant even score against Trey Lyles post D.

Bruhs Cameron Payne was on the board, and was lottery quality(I thought top-10), the Jazz passed on him to take Lyles. They don't pay all those people to make those decisions, to then go and pay extra to reverse them, just a few months later..

I still have some hope for Lyles, but we have to stop this **** where we play him at center. We arent doing him any favors playing him next to Trevor ****ing Booker. For Lyles to have a prayer at not getting exposed he needs to play with Favors or Gobert.

I say it so many time about Lyle, but everyone say he is like Draymond and nice balances. This is waste pick and probably won't be good player until 5 years or something. Think it true!

I like lyles as a prospect and I think he's going to be a good player, but I think we really need to address the PG spot.

I think Lyles and a first round pick could get a good player.

I would probably try to get:
Dennis Schroder
George Hill
Darren Collison
Mike Conley (if grizzles decide to blow it up this season).

The only problem with this plan is,
a. We have Exum coming back next year. (Though will he be ready to start/really help us?)
b. We have money to spend this summer and we could go get a point guard that way.

Not sure if you watched the game but the point guards weren't the problem really. They were quite solid. Our problems were Dame and CJ being insanely on fire... Favors not being his normal self... Lyles and Booker sucking poop, and Hayward looking like pre-max contract Hayward. He has been so lost lately... Indecisive, uncomfortable, if he doesn't get right we go no where.

Not sure if you watched the game but the point guards weren't the problem really. They were quite solid. Our problems were Dame and CJ being insanely on fire... Favors not being his normal self... Lyles and Booker sucking poop, and Hayward looking like pre-max contract Hayward. He has been so lost lately... Indecisive, uncomfortable, if he doesn't get right we go no where.

All started with the PGs letting them get middle penetration, taking the bigs out or not having them come high enough. We all know our PG rotation is not good.

I'm sure teams will be trampling each other to give us their PGs for the honor of having Lyles. Maybe GS will give us Curry for him?

Lyles is a solid prospect that will need a couple years. He's the only guy that I would want to trade on the roster right now/only one with trade value.

I'm sorry, but I can't get over how hilarious this thread is. Dennis Schroeder for our late 1st round pick and Trey Lyles. ROFL. Man, what a strange ****ing world we live in.

Just throwing names out there, obviously trades would change in different situations.

I really think Lyles needs to go to the D-League (I know the season hasnt started yet). He just isn't NBA ready and I don't feel like the minutes he is getting are really benefiting him.

I don't know. I think practicing against Favors and Booker and Gobert, and with the current Jazz guys could be more beneficial to him. His issue is just strength. The game will start to slow down for him throughout the season. Anyone who is ready to judge him based on the start of this season is a moron.

Lyles is a solid prospect that will need a couple years. He's the only guy that I would want to trade on the roster right now/only one with trade value.

He has shown absolutely nothing and has very little trade value. Shroeder is a very good player right now, and who has potential to be a top tier PG in the league. They can do much MUCH better than Lyle a late 1st round pick. This is no different than Boston fans proposing we give em Favors for their trash.

Yep. Lyles is out of his league.
Nodding head.

Lyles was the very last guy and worst pick possible on my big board in that draft.
I didn't like portis at all but still had him ahead of lyles and portis looks pretty good. Booker obviously. Oubre. I think we blew it by picking lyles. And I know.... Sample size and all but he seemed pretty sucky in college too. His excuse then was playing out of position, playing on a loaded team, blah blah blah.
There was a funny moment of the Portland game where Vonleh was posting up Lyles. Two bust PF's going at it. Vonleh missed of course, because he is so bad he cant even score against Trey Lyles post D.
Lol
Like how does Trey Lyles play 9 minutes and not get a rebound?
Flabbergasting
I still have some hope for Lyles, but we have to stop this **** where we play him at center. We arent doing him any favors playing him next to Trevor ****ing Booker. For Lyles to have a prayer at not getting exposed he needs to play with Favors or Gobert.
Withey should be playing center way before lyles should

He has shown absolutely nothing and has very little trade value. Shroeder is a very good player right now, and who has potential to be a top tier PG in the league. They can do much MUCH better than Lyle a late 1st round pick. This is no different than Boston fans proposing we give em Favors for their trash.

The worst thing about Lyles is that his agent is Rich Paul. So even if Lyles becomes good in a few years, he's just gonna threaten to take the qualifying offer if the Jazz don't give him the max.