What's new

I think we should trade Lyles for a PG

I like lyles as a prospect and I think he's going to be a good player, but I think we really need to address the PG spot.

I think Lyles and a first round pick could get a good player.

I would probably try to get:
Dennis Schroder
George Hill
Darren Collison
Mike Conley (if grizzles decide to blow it up this season).

The only problem with this plan is,
a. We have Exum coming back next year. (Though will he be ready to start/really help us?)
b. We have money to spend this summer and we could go get a point guard that way.

What point guard do you think you'd get for Lyles? I'd guess someone of the Jason Hart ilk.

The Hornets are 0-4. Jrue Holiday would be nice but his contract is too hefty for too many more years.

We never should have drafted Lyles.

He's a little bit good at some things, and great at nothing. Not really a small forward or power forward. Doesn't block shots. Doesn't shoot threes.

We drafted him to be a stretch 4, and he can't shoot or defend. How stupid.

The Jazz tried too hard to out smart everyone, and got nothing. All they had to do was take the obvious choice.

We never should have drafted Lyles.

He's a little bit good at some things, and great at nothing. Not really a small forward or power forward. Doesn't block shots. Doesn't shoot threes.

We drafted him to be a stretch 4, and he can't shoot or defend. How stupid.

The Jazz tried too hard to out smart everyone, and got nothing. All they had to do was take the obvious choice.

I'm still holding out hope. He would only be in his second year of college now and they really haven't started their season.

Please do yourself a favor and study this:

There vs Their vs They're

Common Mistakes - English Grammar

A common mistake not only for students learning English but also for native speakers is the difference between There, Their and They're in written English.

This happens because both words sound the same when they are spoken.

Words that sound the same but have different meanings (and sometimes spelling) are called homophones. Therefore they're, their and there are Homophones.

Which words would make the following sentence correct?

They're/Their/There playing they're/their/there video games over they're/their/there.
The answer appears at the end of the post so let's learn the rules meanwhile.

What is the difference between There, Their and They're?
THERE
There is the opposite of Here. It means 'in that place' not here.

A: Where is my book? – B: It's over there.
I will look for a hotel to stay when I arrive there.
There is/There are = to show that something exists.

There is a book on the table
There are many countries in Europe.
THEIR
Their is a possessive adjective which is used before a noun. It shows possession, that something belongs to them.

Their house is big.
All of their friends were crazy.
The children put their books in their school bags.
THEY'RE
They're is a contraction of they are.
e.g. They're happy = They are happy

They're is usually before an adjective or a verb ending in ING.

They're very interested in the project.
I personally think they';re crazy!
They're singing loudly.
Example sentence...
So now you know the difference let's try the original question:

They're/Their/There playing they're/their/there video games over they're/their/there.
The answer is:

They're playing their video games over there.
Why?

They're playing (they're is used before a verb ending in -ing making it the progressive tense)

Their video games (their is a possessive used before a noun to show possession)

Over there (there because it means not here, in that place)

Here is a chart we have created to show you more about the difference:
Study this: stfu

I still feel like if want to develop him, we shouldn't expose his weakness by playing him with Booker.

I still feel like if want to develop him, we shouldn't expose his weakness by playing him with Booker.

Especially when we have two legit bigs to defend. There's no reason Gobert can't come out at the 4 minute mark in the 1st, with Favors shifting over into his spot and Lyles playing the 4. Gobert can then come back at the beginning of the 2nd (with Favors going out) along with Booker and Lyles can now play some 3 for four minutes. That's 8 minutes of play in the 1st half and the same in the 2nd. 16 minutes a game at the 4. Or something like that.

I think we should trade trey lyles for pg too.
Paul George could even play the 4 for us

We won't know what Lyles is for 3 more years. That is what you deal with drafting 19 year olds. Hell look at Wiggins who is 20, he is shooting 30% from the floor this year with a 7.5 PER and he was a tier 1 draft pick. He's a bust! Lets trade Burke for him! Having said that, I was not a fan of the pick either, thought if Turner was gone we should have traded the pick.

We won't know what Lyles is for 3 more years. That is what you deal with drafting 19 year olds. Hell look at Wiggins who is 20, he is shooting 30% from the floor this year with a 7.5 PER and he was a tier 1 draft pick. He's a bust! Lets trade Burke for him! Having said that, I was not a fan of the pick either, thought if Turner was gone we should have traded the pick.

Wiggins can make a FG though.

Lyles is shooting 0% from the field and 50% from the FT line and rebounds at a rate of your grandmother.

Wiggins can make a FG though.

Lyles is shooting 0% from the field and 50% from the FT line and rebounds at a rate of your grandmother.

Dude Jazz4Ever's grandma was a mother effer on the glass... you take that ish back.