What's new

I think we should trade Lyles for a PG

I like lyles as a prospect and I think he's going to be a good player, but I think we really need to address the PG spot.

I think Lyles and a first round pick could get a good player.

I would probably try to get:
Dennis Schroder
George Hill
Darren Collison
Mike Conley (if grizzles decide to blow it up this season).

The only problem with this plan is,
a. We have Exum coming back next year. (Though will he be ready to start/really help us?)
b. We have money to spend this summer and we could go get a point guard that way.

I tried to contract chlamydia once in my youth as well.

The worst thing about Lyles is that his agent is Rich Paul. So even if Lyles becomes good in a few years, he's just gonna threaten to take the qualifying offer if the Jazz don't give him the max.

I think the last thing we should worry about is Lyles becoming good enough to demand the max. :rolleyes:

What about the 3 million dollar Center Tibor Pliess, he's ok to stay because he's been benched but Lyles who's apparently beat him out for minutes has to get traded??

This whole concept seems ill conceived, you'd think fans of the team that ripped off the nets for Favors would understand this concept..

I think the last thing we should worry about is Lyles becoming good enough to demand the max. :rolleyes:

That's the thing though, isn't it. Tristan Thompson wasn't good enough to demand the max, and it didn't stop him and Rich Paul.

it's hard to see Lyles being really good for 3-4 years. Or if he suddenly can become a really good mid range shooter. If he can't do that he's going to struggle to be effective for a long time.

I'd really rather see Withey playing atm, i think he can give an effective 10-15 mins

What about the 3 million dollar Center Tibor Pliess, he's ok to stay because he's been benched but Lyles who's apparently beat him out for minutes has to get traded??

This whole concept seems ill conceived, you'd think fans of the team that ripped off the nets for Favors would understand this concept..

Pretty sure the concept is Lyles still has perceived value so he should be traded. Pleiss has no value.

I know you are smarter than this.

How does Trey's rebounding in 9 minutes get questioned before Hayward's 2 boards in 38 minutes. Explain that thought process, I'm mystified

Also kind of crazy how people aren't as worried about our best player from last year, who has at least proven for an entire year he knows how to rebound at the NBA level, as they are a rookie we just spent a lottery pick on (who we drafted over Bobby Portis who is clearly much better). Truly mystified. It's a ****ing mystery. Someone get Sherlock Holmes. Someone call The Hardy Boys. Quick, someone get Scooby-Doo!!! Oh ****, we might need Dick Tracy for this one. **** might get kind of weird, might as well give Fox Mulder a call too.

Also, I think I the intro video explained Trey Lyles rebounding problems. The training staff needs to get him off those 10 lb dumbbells.

Rep to anyone who can make a gif of Trey Lyles going up for the put-back dunk but not being able to handle the rebound.

Somewhere John Callipari is laughing at the Utah Jazz that he convinced them to draft two of his lower tier players, Enes Kanter and Trey Lyles, in the lottery.

It's probably framed on the wall for recruits. "Look at these guys, Trey Lyles and Enes Kanter, you probably don't remember them cuz they werent that good (Trey Lyles shot below 14% from deep but I convinced people he had stretch 4 potential lol), but I was able to get them drafted in the NBA lottery. Now, come to UK where you can be a scrub but get picked in the lottery!"

Recruits response: "What about the Harrison Twins?"

JC: "We don't talk about them"

Favors coming into the nba had way way way more value and potential than trey lyles.
Horrible comparison

it's hard to see Lyles being really good for 3-4 years. Or if he suddenly can become a really good mid range shooter. If he can't do that he's going to struggle to be effective for a long time.

I'd really rather see Withey playing atm, i think he can give an effective 10-15 mins
Yep

(Trey Lyles shot below 14% from deep but I convinced people he had stretch 4 potential lol)

This boggled my mind leading up to the draft.

I kept hearing how lyles was to be our stretch 4.
I always thought stretch 4's were supposed to be good outside shooters.

I'm assuming he is talking about his first FG. So far he has gone 30 regular season minutes without scoring a FG.
Also has zero blocks and zero steals so far

Favors coming into the nba had way way way more value and potential than trey lyles.
Horrible comparison

I'm not gonna jump to conclusions over it.. Some here are acting like he doesn't have the potential to steadily improve, which is asinine. Today's Trey's 20th birthday. He's adjusting to a new level of competition, he was Kentucky's starting SF last year, and so far in his minutes he's often the tallest player on the floor at 6'10".

If there's anything to nitpick about his early minutes, it's that he should put the ball on the floor a bit more he's settling for J's a bit too much. Who know's if he's being told to pull the trigger on those open looks though..

It's like posters here blaming Alec for those pull up J's from the corners of the FT line, I reckon someone's green-lighted these players to take those shots, when the looks good.