What's new

I think we should trade Lyles for a PG

I'm not gonna jump to conclusions over it.. Some here are acting like he doesn't have the potential to steadily improve, which is asinine. Today's Trey's 20th birthday. He's adjusting to a new level of competition, he was Kentucky's starting SF last year, and so far in his minutes he's often the tallest player on the floor at 6'10".

If there's anything to nitpick about his early minutes, it's that he should put the ball on the floor a bit more he's settling for J's a bit too much. Who know's if he's being told to pull the trigger on those open looks though..

It's like posters here blaming Alec for those pull up J's from the corners of the FT line, I reckon someone's green-lighted these players to take those shots, when the looks good.
My point was that comparing rookie lyles to rookie favors is not a good idea.
Favors had way more potential as a rookie and was a number three pick that could have gone earlier.
Lyles probably got picked too early by the jazz and probably would have fell closer to the 20th pick if we didn't take him

So what would a combo of Burks, Lyles, 1st rounders, 2nd rounders, Tomic rights and cash get the Jazz at SG or PG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trsfROQb9nY

Cant believe we passed on a guy who can actually shoot, can actually rebound, and can actually play defense.

Lyles might end up being okay, but holy **** is he ****ing awful right now.

In conclusion, yes, if someone wants to give us their jewel for our trash, pull the trigger yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trsfROQb9nY

Cant believe we passed on a guy who can actually shoot, can actually rebound, and can actually play defense.

Seriously what the **** is that all about? I don't want to cry over spilled milk, but Bobby Portis should've been our dude there.

Seriously what the **** is that all about? I don't want to cry over spilled milk, but Bobby Portis should've been our dude there.

I really think we passed on him because his shot looks weird. That is the only way to explain it. Even though it looks weird, he still gets much more consistent arc on than Lyles' shot where he usually throws a rope that bangs off the back off the rim.

I still can't beleive we drafted someone who shot %14 from deep on a loaded college team as a SF to be our stretch backup center. DL really tried to flex how smart he was on this one and possibly **** the bed.

Please do yourself a favor and study this:

There vs Their vs They're

Common Mistakes - English Grammar

A common mistake not only for students learning English but also for native speakers is the difference between There, Their and They're in written English.

This happens because both words sound the same when they are spoken.

Words that sound the same but have different meanings (and sometimes spelling) are called homophones. Therefore they're, their and there are Homophones.

Which words would make the following sentence correct?

They're/Their/There playing they're/their/there video games over they're/their/there.
The answer appears at the end of the post so let's learn the rules meanwhile.

What is the difference between There, Their and They're?
THERE
There is the opposite of Here. It means 'in that place' not here.

A: Where is my book? – B: It's over there.
I will look for a hotel to stay when I arrive there.
There is/There are = to show that something exists.

There is a book on the table
There are many countries in Europe.
THEIR
Their is a possessive adjective which is used before a noun. It shows possession, that something belongs to them.

Their house is big.
All of their friends were crazy.
The children put their books in their school bags.
THEY'RE
They're is a contraction of they are.
e.g. They're happy = They are happy

They're is usually before an adjective or a verb ending in ING.

They're very interested in the project.
I personally think they';re crazy!
They're singing loudly.
Example sentence...
So now you know the difference let's try the original question:

They're/Their/There playing they're/their/there video games over they're/their/there.
The answer is:

They're playing their video games over there.
Why?

They're playing (they're is used before a verb ending in -ing making it the progressive tense)

Their video games (their is a possessive used before a noun to show possession)

Over there (there because it means not here, in that place)

Here is a chart we have created to show you more about the difference:

I really think we passed on him because his shot looks weird. That is the only way to explain it. Even though it looks weird, he still gets much more consistent arc on than Lyles' shot where he usually throws a rope that bangs off the back off the rim.

I still can't beleive we drafted someone who shot %14 from deep on a loaded college team as a SF to be our stretch backup center. DL really tried to flex how smart he was on this one and possibly **** the bed.

Portis can't balance like Trey, doe.

Also, if you flex while in bed and that results in a turd, then you've got serious problems

The audacity to hold out on signing his contract, working out with the team, and playing summer league because he wanted a bonus for doing his ****ing job. ****in turd.

The audacity to hold out on signing his contract, working out with the team, and playing summer league because he wanted a bonus for doing his ****ing job. ****in turd.

Are you talking about Lyles? I thought it was the Jazz who delayed the signing for cap space reasons.

Are you talking about Lyles? I thought it was the Jazz who delayed the signing for cap space reasons.
Nope. Lyles wanted a bonus for summer league. Preserving cap space wouldn't make sense as a reason considering that the Jazz did jack ****ing nothing with it (and showed no evidence of even trying), and since Lyles wouldn't even work out with the team.

Nope. Lyles wanted a bonus for summer league. Preserving cap space wouldn't make sense as a reason considering that the Jazz did jack ****ing nothing with it (and showed no evidence of even trying), and since Lyles wouldn't even work out with the team.

99% of rookie signings get the same bonus. It wasn't holding out for the bonus, it was some very minute details about off-season training.

99% of rookie signings get the same bonus. It wasn't holding out for the bonus, it was some very minute details about off-season training.

Refusing to work-out with the team in anyway is how he responds to "some very minute details about off-season training"? Yeah, that's a good sign.

Nuggets waiving Erick Green to add forward Kostas Papanikolaou.

I think Papanikolaou could have been interesting for the Jazz as stretch four.

Erick Green could be an option for the Jazz?

Nuggets waiving Erick Green to add forward Kostas Papanikolaou.

I think Papanikolaou could have been interesting for the Jazz as stretch four.

Erick Green could be an option for the Jazz?

He would be available for nothing and I would bet would play better D than our guards did last night. He and Rudy could be best pals.

It seems Quin wants to do with Lyles the same work he did with Hood last season. It means giving him immediately playing time no matter how he performs to develop his confidence.