What's new

If not Rubio then what?

I think y’all are overreacting here. Wait until Rubio turns the corner which I have no doubt he will.

Suggestion: have your crow with alioli sauce.

Exum is probably an NBA player, but no one in NBA history has done as little as he has and gotten $11 million a year.

Peel away the excuses and I’m not sure what the excitement is about. It’s almost cult-ish.

Glad we preserved cap for next year by passing on Bjelica so we could have the honor of paying Exum twice what he would’ve been signed for, striking out because we doubled down on Rubio and Favors, then keep Favors next year because “if not Favors then what?”

Exum is probably an NBA player, but no one in NBA history has done as little as he has and gotten $11 million a year.

Peel away the excuses and I’m not sure what the excitement is about. It’s almost cult-ish.

Glad we preserved cap for next year by passing on Bjelica so we could have the honor of paying Exum twice what he would’ve been signed for, striking out because we doubled down on Rubio and Favors, then keep Favors next year because “if not Favors then what?”
You got a short memory cuz dudes like Mozgov got 17 million a few years ago.

And yeah, the Exum love is weird. I think it's just him being the #5 pick, so we assume he has a lot of potential (which he does in the physical sense).

Anyway, Exum is fine. I am not concerned with the nominal PG slot with Mitchell, Exum, and Allen. At least as long as the Jazz actually address roster deficiencies at all in the next year.

You got a short memory cuz dudes like Mozgov got 17 million a few years ago.

And yeah, the Exum love is weird. I think it's just him being the #5 pick, so we assume he has a lot of potential (which he does in the physical sense).
Mozgov has played games. He has played well in significant chunks. You can chant about how missing games was unfair, but that’s the definition of doing little.

Mozgov has played games. He has played well in significant chunks. You can chant about how missing games was unfair, but that’s the definition of doing little.
The previous season Mozgov had averaged 6 point and 4 rebounds in 17 minutes. Exum averaged 8 and 3 in 17 minutes last year and had a good playoff series.

I mean, I think Exum's defensive ability is worth his contract. It isn't Roberson level, who got 10 million a year, but he has significantly more offensive game than Roberson.

My gripe with Exum is just that he doesn't seem to have the potential to really eclipse that. I don't think his contract is a problem.

As long as Exum is healthy he is tradeable on his current deal. He’s been fine and has showed some progress... dude couldn’t take a normal layup a couple years ago... now he drives and it looks pretty natural. I’m bullish that his shot will improve. I mean it’s a really low bar but he’s had a few threes that were half way down that rattled out.

The thing that gives him upside imo is that he’s long for his position and super fast. He has shown he can get where he wants to... he has shown he can draw fouls and finish (his percentage could improve at the rim but he’s not Rubio bad). He can make decent passes when the defense collapses... sooooooo if the set shot comes around to 35% ish he becomes very difficult to guard. Right now teams don’t have to close hard.

The weird thing with us is our catch and shoot and corner threes are all down across the board... a few more of those should start falling and Dante is one that I think could improve.

Exum gets $9.1 million a year + 500k in likely incentives + $1.4 million in unlikely incentives. The nature of the contract suggests if he gets $11 million a year, he is not doing "little". From what I see his last year isn't even guaranteed. It blows my mind that people think the Utah Jazz can afford to throw away a talented prospect because of... injuries? That he isn't Donovan Mitchell? Give me a break.

The box scores will be thrown in us Exum apologists faces over and over but do me a favor and watch how his ability to drive by anybody open up a shot for the offense. I won't even mention defense because that is a given and proven on the highest level in last years playoffs.

No he most likely will not live up to the #5 pick. Maybe he won't even be a starter? But he is currently a legitimate NBA rotation player with great upside still and you can do much worse.

@LoPo lose your mind

My favorite part of that tweet was the “unexpected” part. I 100% expected it... young player who hasn’t signed his deal and had a good playoff is now on the backend of the rotation... I’m sure he’s totally happy to concede the spotlight to the other guys.... Jebus Bill...

You can insert Jaylen Brown by mid season too... then Marcus Morris...

Not sure how that was unexpected. At all.

These dudes are fighting to eat... I know Boston homers like to think these guys live and die to play for the Celtics, but they have a lot of guys playing for contracts... so good luck getting them all to put team first. Maybe it was sarcastic.

And of course Bill follows it up with some stupid trade ideas where Boston gets 200% of value for a distressed asset. As the self proclaimed picasso of the trade machine I expect better. He has fallen off so hard with his NBA coverage imo... it's understandable but sucks.

If Rozier is smart he'd just play the role and get paid on potential this offseason. Get traded now and you get the role you want... but if you don't perform then the money goes lower.

My prediction is he ends up in Phoenix for the Milwaukee pick they got in the Bledsoe deal... I'll bet Sarver gets some cash too...

The previous season Mozgov had averaged 6 point and 4 rebounds in 17 minutes. Exum averaged 8 and 3 in 17 minutes last year and had a good playoff series.

I mean, I think Exum's defensive ability is worth his contract. It isn't Roberson level, who got 10 million a year, but he has significantly more offensive game than Roberson.

My gripe with Exum is just that he doesn't seem to have the potential to really eclipse that. I don't think his contract is a problem.

In a league that’s becoming more and more offensive-minded like the NFL, it is an issue. We don’t need to pay 11M for a bench guy with virtually no offensive skill.

If Rozier is smart he'd just play the role and get paid on potential this offseason. Get traded now and you get the role you want... but if you don't perform then the money goes lower.

My prediction is he ends up in Phoenix for the Milwaukee pick they got in the Bledsoe deal... I'll bet Sarver gets some cash too...
No, that would be the opposite of smart. Smart is forcing your way out into a bigger role. No one is paying him for the trash he is putting up. He is playing his way out of money currently.

In a league that’s becoming more and more offensive-minded like the NFL, it is an issue. We don’t need to pay 11M for a bench guy with virtually no offensive skill.
He has offensive skill, it's just limited.

Roberson is a guy with no offensive skill.

I will also say, in defense of Exum, he could probably start and be good if the Jazz get a guy like Tobias Harris. His lack of shooting wouldn't be as big of an issue.

I know a lot of dudes think Rozier is extra-over-hyped.... but I'm definitely intrigued by his fit here.