What's new

If not Rubio then what?

He's super over-rated imo. I don't see the Jason Terry or Lou Will comp.

Here is the Lou Will comp. http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/2799/lou-williams He was also a slow starter in his career. Never caught the world on fire, but we all know now that he was an excellent bench scorer for years.

Jason Terry was able to start more right away. My comparison there is more of when he ended up being more of a bench wing.

Rozier is a guy who can score in bunches. He's only 24 and getting him is a good move to appease Mitchell. I would take Rozier the next 5 years over Rubio without hesitation.

Donovan can play PG.

Exactly why you go get a guy like Rozier who doesn't have to have the ball, can come off the bench, but gives us a much needed scoring option.

We don't bring in Rozier to do what Rubio does. We bring him in to provide scoring and spacing.

And oh yeah, Rozier plays really good defense:

DrU4CU3U4AAb_qI.jpg:large

Rozier is a good defender and good spot up shooter... but the rest is not great. He will get overpaid this summer and I'd rather not be the team doing the overpaying.

Rozier is a good defender and good spot up shooter... but the rest is not great. He will get overpaid this summer and I'd rather not be the team doing the overpaying.

I have faith in Mitchell, Exum and Grayson being good players for the long term. If we could add a scorer/defender like Rozier to that mix, I think we would be amazing in our backcourt. Right now, we're spending $15 on Rubio and $11+ on Burks. If we could get a guy to supplement what those two are providing for less than that $26, I think that's a win for us.

Exactly why you go get a guy like Rozier who doesn't have to have the ball, can come off the bench, but gives us a much needed scoring option.

We don't bring in Rozier to do what Rubio does. We bring him in to provide scoring and spacing.

I'd prefer more length than a guy like Rozier. I think setting sights on the big names (Klay, Kawhi) is still worth it and then shooting for Middleton, Harris. Love Middleton's fit much more than Rozier next to Donovan and Exum.

He makes some really frustrating decisions with the ball as well. I could see Quinn yanking him out of the games A LOT.

Dinwiddie and Brogdon are interesting test cases. Restricted so I'm not sure you can steal them with a fair/value offer. Not sure they are worth a poisonous offer that it'd take to get them... so does their own team string them out and get a good deal? Do they get a big offer?

I also think Brooklyn will get Dinwiddie to sign an extension... he's eligible for the Josh Richardson extension in like January. Malcolm might be too... gonna look at it.
Dinwidde is not restricted.

Rozier has averaged more than 1 point per shot only once in his career.

Rubio has never averaged under a point per shot in his career.

Rozier is a shooter, not a scorer. He doesnt get to the foul line and he can't finish.

He turns 25 next year, he isnt a super young dude.

Rozier has averaged more than 1 point per shot only once in his career.

Rubio has never averaged under a point per shot in his career.

Rozier is a shooter, not a scorer. He doesnt get to the foul line and he can't finish.

He turns 25 next year, he isnt a super young dude.

Cy, I fully expected you to accept the mediocrity that we now have because you are risk averse. You don't take chances. It's okay, most of us admit that about you.

I see Exum as an equal replacement for Rubio sooner rather than later as a starter and on the defensive end. For me, Rubio is already playing himself out of a contract. I see Grayson becoming a good combo guard. I don't think he'll be a starting quality PG or SG, but a good guy to have off the bench. I see Mitchell assuming much of the ball handling duties which makes Rubio even less needed.

If we are going to spend money on a need area, we need a guy who can score when we hit the wall. Like the first Memphis game or the 4th quarter against Denver. We need a guy who can score a bunch who has Quin's confidence on the defensive end. If Burks was a good defender, he would play more. He might even start. That's how I see Rozier. He's Burks, but with great defense. Like I said, Rubio and Burks combine to make $26. If we can get Rozier for Rubio money, it's good business. We desperately need another scorer who isn't a sieve on defense.

I have faith in Mitchell, Exum and Grayson being good players for the long term. If we could add a scorer/defender like Rozier to that mix, I think we would be amazing in our backcourt. Right now, we're spending $15 on Rubio and $11+ on Burks. If we could get a guy to supplement what those two are providing for less than that $26, I think that's a win for us.

Not sure why anyone would have faith in Exum at this point. He really needs to show a lot more the rest of the season imo. And Grayson is two years away from being two years away from being a good 6th man imo.

Cy, I fully expected you to accept the mediocrity that we now have because you are risk averse. You don't take chances. It's okay, most of us admit that about you.

I see Exum as an equal replacement for Rubio sooner rather than later as a starter and on the defensive end. For me, Rubio is already playing himself out of a contract. I see Grayson becoming a good combo guard. I don't think he'll be a starting quality PG or SG, but a good guy to have off the bench. I see Mitchell assuming much of the ball handling duties which makes Rubio even less needed.

If we are going to spend money on a need area, we need a guy who can score when we hit the wall. Like the first Memphis game or the 4th quarter against Denver. We need a guy who can score a bunch who has Quin's confidence on the defensive end. If Burks was a good defender, he would play more. He might even start. That's how I see Rozier. He's Burks, but with great defense. Like I said, Rubio and Burks combine to make $26. If we can get Rozier for Rubio money, it's good business. We desperately need another scorer who isn't a sieve on defense.
You're campaigning to sign a guy who is a worse scorer than Rubio, but I'm the one who wants mediocrity?

Right.

All I ask is you do the smallest amount of research if you are going to make proposals.

Like knowing Rozier is an *** scorer so if your whole premise of bringing him in is to be a scorer, then you are making a terrible backwards move.

All I ask is you do the smallest amount of research if you are going to make proposals.

Like knowing Rozier is an *** scorer so if your whole premise of bringing him in is to be a scorer, then you are making a terrible backwards move.

Rozier scores the way that we need a scorer because he can catch and shoot. Did you read that? Rozier can actually shoot. We need somebody who can stretch the floor for Rudy to work down low and Mitchell to do his thing. We need to surround our stars with shooters.

Rubio clogs everything. Rubio's way has always been a struggle. He never really wowed in Minnesota. He had a ton of chances to run the show, shoot the ball and be the catalyst. He played well in stretches for us last year. He's been atrocious this year. I don't see him being able to sustain last year's few month form for long enough to trust.

We get Rozier to shoot and defend. We aren't getting Rozier to be a ball dominant stereotypical PG like Rubio. We are getting him to score the ball when he's on and defend because he's always a good defender.

If not Rozier, who is a realistic PG/SG target Cy? Who?

Rozier scores the way that we need a scorer because he can catch and shoot. Did you read that? Rozier can actually shoot. We need somebody who can stretch the floor for Rudy to work down low and Mitchell to do his thing. We need to surround our stars with shooters.

Rubio clogs everything. Rubio's way has always been a struggle. He never really wowed in Minnesota. He had a ton of chances to run the show, shoot the ball and be the catalyst. He played well in stretches for us last year. He's been atrocious this year. I don't see him being able to sustain last year's few month form for long enough to trust.

We get Rozier to shoot and defend. We aren't getting Rozier to be a ball dominant stereotypical PG like Rubio. We are getting him to score the ball when he's on and defend because he's always a good defender.

If not Rozier, who is a realistic PG/SG target Cy? Who?
He's one of the worst "scorers" in the NBA. For the guy who's running shtick to mock me has been "You settle for mediocrity" this is embarrassing.

He's one of the worst "scorers" in the NBA. For the guy who's running shtick to mock me has been "You settle for mediocrity" this is embarrassing.

I don't expect you to understand the logic. You probably still think Hayward is staying.

Not sure why anyone would have faith in Exum at this point. He really needs to show a lot more the rest of the season imo. And Grayson is two years away from being two years away from being a good 6th man imo.

Well what do you mean by faith in Exum? I mean he is already showing to be a legitimate NBA player. I know it gets beat into the ground but he IS basically in his 3rd season by games played. But if "faith" to you means All-Star then sure he hasn't showed that level of play to this point.