What's new

If not Rubio then what?

The way Burks has been playing, he has to get more minutes. I'd also play Exum ahead of Rubio, simply because Exum gets into the lane and can score or pass from there. He also turns the ball over less.

The problem with Rubio is that he's not a consistent threat from distance, he only gets to the rim if teams give him a huge open lane, and he forces passes in the paint with his defender sagging off him.

Rubio makes good passes from the perimeter, but we have other guys like Ingles and Mitchell who can make those plays.

I wouldnt trade Favors, Burks, and Bradley straight up for Wall.

I wouldnt trade Favors, Burks, and Bradley for Wall, even if they gave us a first round pick.

Wall's the complete opposite of a Snyder PG. He has no idea how to play off ball, on offense or defense. He is the reason Washington's locker-room has always been poor and underachieved every year. He's paid at an insane rate. He would make the team worse than the Jazz playing Rubio.

This reeks of the hyperbolic shaming of Wall that is going on due to his massive deal he just signed. No he is not worth his contract, yes he has effort and chemistry problems, but he is an extremely good basketball player.

There is a -100% chance of him being a Jazzman but "horrendous" is very hyperbolic.

This reeks of the hyperbolic shaming of Wall that is going on due to his massive deal he just signed. No he is not worth his contract, yes he has effort and chemistry problems, but he is an extremely good basketball player.

There is a -100% chance of him being a Jazzman but "horrendous" is very hyperbolic.

Wall is good, but he's one of those guys that can get you to the high 40s in wins... maybe wins a playoff series, but his limitations will cap how high a John Wall team can go. Just my opinion... his contract is brutal... would not touch it.

The way Burks has been playing, he has to get more minutes. I'd also play Exum ahead of Rubio, simply because Exum gets into the lane and can score or pass from there. He also turns the ball over less.

The problem with Rubio is that he's not a consistent threat from distance, he only gets to the rim if teams give him a huge open lane, and he forces passes in the paint with his defender sagging off him.

Rubio makes good passes from the perimeter, but we have other guys like Ingles and Mitchell who can make those plays.

I think the game has really rendered guys like Rubio and Favs as less impactful. Ricky isn't shooting well at the basket or from 3. Last year were career highs.

We aren't setup to use either guy all that well... so we ask them to do things they aren't good at and expect to get a good result.

The Dallas game will be telling. If no DM do we win? If not the schedule is ugly and I don't know that we have another huge late season rally. Not a "must win", but could be a pivot game for the season.

not sure if this name has been brought up but he would be the perfect fit next to Mitchell

Malcolm Brogdon The bucks are going to spend a fortune on Middleton and the Jazz could come in and take Brodgon for around 10 mill. They might be able to do that and sign Harris (not positive) he is a 43% 3 point shooter and a good on the ball defender. With Mitchell and Ingles being good passer brogdon would just need to be consistent

Brogdon, Exum, ??????
Mitchell, Allen
Ingles, O'Neal
Harris, Crowder
Gobert, Bradley

not sure if this name has been brought up but he would be the perfect fit next to Mitchell

Malcolm Brogdon The bucks are going to spend a fortune on Middleton and the Jazz could come in and take Brodgon for around 10 mill. They might be able to do that and sign Harris (not positive) he is a 43% 3 point shooter and a good on the ball defender. With Mitchell and Ingles being good passer brogdon would just need to be consistent

Brogdon, Exum, ??????
Mitchell, Allen
Ingles, O'Neal
Harris, Crowder
Gobert, Bradley

all depending on what they do with Bledsoe they would match 10 mill

Brogdon, Exum, ??????
Mitchell, Allen
Ingles, O'Neal
Harris, Crowder
Gobert, Bradley
I'm sure Brogdon will be more than 10 million next year. Probably more like 14 million minimum. The NBA will go back to overpaying next year with how many teams have space (and I dont think 14 is an overpay, it might even be under, but I wouldn't be shocked if someone is giving him 16+).

Last edited:

Have you watched him? He doesnt move off ball. He's the slowest player in the NBA in terms of average speed on the court (or in the top 5, some ridiculous number) because he spends so much time in idle after he passes the ball. It's the same thing on defense. He can lock in for possessions on ball, but has poor effort off ball.

He's really good at what he does on the basketball court, but he's really bad at a lot of essential parts of the game too.

And he has a history of knee issues.

I think Rozier is the answer. I think he is going to have a long career similar to Lou Williams or Jason Terry. Some games, he's going to be off because he's a streaky player. However, he'll be a player the opponent has to gameplan for and worry about because he can absolutely light it up. He's not a PG who has to have the ball in his hands so that would work next to Mitchell. He could be a premiere 6th man or a starter. He plays really hard which is something our fan base will love about him. He's a college teammate of Mitchell's so I think that would be something which would work in our favor long term.

I think we offer him an offer sheet in the summer. If Boston matches it, then we find a temporary solution and set our sights on Jaylen Brown the next summer. Eventually, Boston is going to lose some of these players because they simply don't have the money and can't provide the playing time.

I think Rozier is the answer. I think he is going to have a long career similar to Lou Williams or Jason Terry. Some games, he's going to be off because he's a streaky player. However, he'll be a player the opponent has to gameplan for and worry about because he can absolutely light it up. He's not a PG who has to have the ball in his hands so that would work next to Mitchell. He could be a premiere 6th man or a starter. He plays really hard which is something our fan base will love about him. He's a college teammate of Mitchell's so I think that would be something which would work in our favor long term.

I think we offer him an offer sheet in the summer. If Boston matches it, then we find a temporary solution and set our sights on Jaylen Brown the next summer. Eventually, Boston is going to lose some of these players because they simply don't have the money and can't provide the playing time.
Jazz Fans: I want to move on from Rubio because of how inefficient offensively is.

Also Jazz Fans: Let's sign this guy who has never shot over 40% in his NBA career despite playing for a stacked team with a good coach.

Rozier is currently averaging less points per shot than Rubio is.

He's super over-rated imo. I don't see the Jason Terry or Lou Will comp.

Jazz Fans: I want to move on from Rubio because of how inefficient offensively is.

Also Jazz Fans: Let's sign this guy who has never shot over 40% in his NBA career despite playing for a stacked team with a good coach.

Rozier is currently averaging less points per shot than Rubio is.

But in the playoffs he had a t-shirt.

I'm sure Brogdon will be more than 10 million next year. Probably more like 14 million minimum. The NBA will go back to overpaying next year with how many teams have space (and I dont think 14 is an overpay, it might even be under, but I wouldn't be shocked if someone is giving him 16+).

Dinwiddie and Brogdon are interesting test cases. Restricted so I'm not sure you can steal them with a fair/value offer. Not sure they are worth a poisonous offer that it'd take to get them... so does their own team string them out and get a good deal? Do they get a big offer?

I also think Brooklyn will get Dinwiddie to sign an extension... he's eligible for the Josh Richardson extension in like January. Malcolm might be too... gonna look at it.

Malcolm is eligible for the Richardson extension 4/47.5M... same with Dinwiddie in a month or two. My guess is if Malcolm turns that down it's because there is a significantly better offer out there for him. He has a good agent who will work the back channels... not like George Hill's agent.

I'll bet Dinwiddie takes that extension if offered.

Neither guy will come cheap.

I've contemplated sending a pick for one of those guys if their current teams don't seem likely to keep them after the year end. They come with really low cap holds and we could agree to a deal with them and then use our max level cap space to address other needs.

Have you watched him? He doesnt move off ball. He's the slowest player in the NBA in terms of average speed on the court (or in the top 5, some ridiculous number) because he spends so much time in idle after he passes the ball. It's the same thing on defense. He can lock in for possessions on ball, but has poor effort off ball.

He's really good at what he does on the basketball court, but he's really bad at a lot of essential parts of the game too.

And he has a history of knee issues.

To be honest I've probably watched him more than any player not on the Jazz. Have some ties to DC so have always watched the Wiz.

I definitely concede the off-court issues and effort issues. I do think his defensive effort gets overblown by cherry picking possessions though. If anything, he sometimes is TOO active off ball on defense trying for ridiculous steals and leaving his assignments. He definitely is a "selfish" passer, and I recognize your point that the Jazz system is a terrible fit with that considered, but he is a hell of a player and just thought saying horrendous was a little far.