What's new

If not Rubio then what?

Why would I not? We nearly got to the WF last season
No “we” didn’t. Furthermore, Rubio was not good for most of the season. It’s great to be hot at the right time, and that’s what happened last year. How he’s playing right now is closer to the mean, and we need to take note of that and respect it.

We calling the hospital... he just had foot surgery... so it’s a no on that one
I think the timing on all of this is a little suspect. My feeling is this is more of a nagging issue that he’s been meaning to take care of, and now that it’s obvious the Cavs aren’t playing for anything but a draft pick, that it’s time to take care of his body.

I think Love is worth considering. I also think he should maybe be a super sub that still gets his minutes and is on the floor to close games most of the time (it would keep the starters D strong, and also give him better spacing against bench units and get a rhythm going). But that wouldn’t work for ya boi Niang.

I don’t know what the answer is right now for this perfect 4 sitch. I think we SERIOUSLY ****ed up not going after Bjelica. I was being the best cheerleader I could be this offseason, but watching the Bjelica situation unfold this offseason was maddening. He should be here and we shouldn’t be having the same conversation about Favors that we’ve been having for 3-4 seasons.

Mitchell moving to the point and starting a shooting guard with a bit more size would be good. I actually wouldn’t mind a future starting unit of Donovan and Grayson. Both can shoot, create, defend and play on and off the ball.

Ricky is murdering the offense. I don’t know that Exum is the answer but I’m out on Ricky. His TS% combined with his TO% are too much to overcome.

I don’t know how big of an ******* George Hill was but I’d take him back in a second. Straight up swap... can shoot and took care of the ball.

I wouldn't take Hill for Rubio, that dude missed 2 months with a big toe sprain

43.0% with 35.1%
38.2% with 27.5%
37.4% with 24.4%

Last October, November and December for Ricky.

32.6% with 30% this season.

I wouldn't take Hill for Rubio, that dude missed 2 months with a big toe sprain

Those are serious injuries... I’d rather have a guy sit than play like garbage. At least when he did play you knew what you were getting. He was a better defender too.

We don’t need a true pg... might be better off with a Hill type anyway.

Those are serious injuries... I’d rather have a guy sit than play like garbage. At least when he did play you knew what you were getting. He was a better defender too.

We don’t need a true pg... might be better off with a Hill type anyway.

He's million years old. I don't know why you keep bringing him up. A marginal upgrade well into his 30s.

He's million years old. I don't know why you keep bringing him up. A marginal upgrade well into his 30s.

Not a marginal upgrade at all. He’s currently shooting 55/48 and he never turns the ball over. We know he fits the system.

If there was an amazing long term option available that’d be great... but long term options cost decent assets. He would be an absolutely huge improvement over what we are getting and would provide some variation in the backcourt.

He’s 32... and does it matter how old he is if he’s playing good basketball? Do Dante’s buckets get more points cuz he’s younger? Ricky has been complete ***... he’s under 30... it ain’t working.

Not a marginal upgrade at all. He’s currently shooting 55/48 and he never turns the ball over. We know he fits the system.

If there was an amazing long term option available that’d be great... but long term options cost decent assets. He would be an absolutely huge improvement over what we are getting and would provide some variation in the backcourt.

He’s 32... and does it matter how old he is if he’s playing good basketball? Do Dante’s buckets get more points cuz he’s younger? Ricky has been complete ***... he’s under 30... it ain’t working.

It's a pointless acquisition if it doesn't help us develop into a championship contender over the next few years. Which he won't. And we're not contending this year. Not to forget he spurned Utah's offer.

It's a pointless acquisition if it doesn't help us develop into a championship contender over the next few years. Which he won't. And we're not contending this year. Not to forget he spurned Utah's offer.

Ricky makes us a contender in the next few years? How about if we keep marching him out and miss the playoffs this year... are we an attractive FA destination? Getting Hill or another guy that is a better fit absolutely helps us this year and helps us know what we need going forward.

Just because a deal doesn’t make us a contender doesn’t mean it is pointless... gtfoh with that logic.

Find a guy that makes us better this year or in the future at the position... then ask is that guy available in trade? Then ask what would we have to give up for said player? My guess is anyone that is going to benefit us now or in the future is either not available or costs a **** ton of assets we don’t want to cash in. As an on court fit I see nothing I think would be nearly as good as Hill... even if he only plays half the time.

Ricky has been so bad... he needs to improve or we need to go more triple wing. We did it last night with AB Joe and Royce and it worked really well.

Ricky makes us a contender in the next few years? How about if we keep marching him out and miss the playoffs this year... are we an attractive FA destination? Getting Hill or another guy that is a better fit absolutely helps us this year and helps us know what we need going forward.

Just because a deal doesn’t make us a contender doesn’t mean it is pointless... gtfoh with that logic.

I agree that Ricky gotta go. But your suggestion is just not good. If nobody better can be had, then move Mitchell to the 1 and target a wing/shooting big.

I agree that Ricky gotta go. But your suggestion is just not good. If nobody better can be had, then move Mitchell to the 1 and target a wing/shooting big.

Hill is better at everything we need from a point guard... everything. Instead of saying he’s old or not good go look at what he’s doing. Also realize he killed it in our system two years ago while dealing with an injury.

My only concern is locker room stuff. If it was just him turning down a contract that’s just business (bad business for him). If it was a lot deeper than that then I get it... but on court there are no better options we could get in a straight swap.

To get Hill, we would have to trade guys we need for either our depth or other type deals. The Cavs wont be interested in Rubio so we would trade Favors or Burks to make salaries meet. Adding Hill to Rubio would be messy.

Nobody wants Rubio. I'm not sure if anybody needs Rubio. Rubio could be badass at $6-8 million a year. At an expiring $15, he is only valuable as an expiring for a longer deal.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app