What's new

If not Rubio then what?

I don't like this, but what if....

Halfway through the season, the Wizards are still a train wreck. Would you consider:

Favors, Burks, Bradley and draft picks ($30 million)
for
John Wall and Mahinmi ($35 million)

The Wiz decide to move on from Wall and the massive money he starts making in 2019. They also get to dump Mahinmi's $16 million for 2019-20. They get out of the luxury tax area. It's a roster reset and money saver for Washington without losing Oubre, Beal or Porter.

We go all in on a lineup of Wall, Mitchell, Ingles, Crowder and Gobert. Title contender?
Please go see a therapist.

I wouldnt trade Favors, Burks, and Bradley straight up for Wall.

I wouldnt trade Favors, Burks, and Bradley for Wall, even if they gave us a first round pick.

Wall's the complete opposite of a Snyder PG. He has no idea how to play off ball, on offense or defense. He is the reason Washington's locker-room has always been poor and underachieved every year. He's paid at an insane rate. He would make the team worse than the Jazz playing Rubio.

I wouldnt trade Favors, Burks, and Bradley straight up for Wall.

I wouldnt trade Favors, Burks, and Bradley for Wall, even if they gave us a first round pick.

Wall's the complete opposite of a Snyder PG. He has no idea how to play off ball, on offense or defense. He is the reason Washington's locker-room has always been poor and underachieved every year. He's paid at an insane rate. He would make the team worse than the Jazz playing Rubio.

I agree. I don't like Wall but I just floated the idea. It's a realistic idea because Washington is a dumpster fire and Wall's contract is horrendous. If Wall was making $20, I would give it a shot. But Wall at $40+ is lunacy.

But I disagree that we would be worse with Wall than Rubio.

I agree. I don't like Wall but I just floated the idea. It's a realistic idea because Washington is a dumpster fire and Wall's contract is horrendous. If Wall was making $20, I would give it a shot. But Wall at $40+ is lunacy.

But I disagree that we would be worse with Wall than Rubio.
It's not realistic because the Jazz would never do it in a million years.

Wall is horrendous.

I agree we need a Dame or Kemba to win a championship.

Rubio is a better player than I but he does seem like the perfect pg to not get high usage each night shooting 3s, tires on those deep shots quick.

Terry Rozier will be a starter somewhere next season

Rubio 11 asts 22 pts 53% fg 43% on 3s highest +/- on the team by far

Jazzfanz always hating on our pgs! Its a tradition

Rubio 11 asts 22 pts 53% fg 43% on 3s highest +/- on the team by far

Jazzfanz always hating on our pgs! Its a tradition

Rubio had a good game - until the last 15 minutes. Sometimes, you have to know as a coach that a player can be streaky during a game. Just because Rubio had a good first half doesn't mean he should have played so much of a vital role down the stretch. One of you stat gurus send me the statistical breakdown of Rubio for the 4th quarter.

@LoPo take away that one ugly three in the 4th he had to take off balance and after he picked up his dribble, I don't think this thread gets created today

@LoPo take away that one ugly three in the 4th he had to take off balance and after he picked up his dribble, I don't think this thread gets created today

He missed 3 3pointers. Two of which were missed when the crowd was electric and we had the deficit down to 8. He had at least one turnover when he got loose with the ball and lost in on the baseline. I also thought the ball movement died in the last 6 minutes.

I don't think we lost because of Ricky Rubio. However, I do think he played pretty dang awful in the 4th quarter. I'm not upset at him. I'm upset because we didn't change focus. We kept trying the same stuff which wasn't working. Down by 10, we were still trying to force it to Gobert on the lob.

It was just an ugly game. We can bounce back. I have faith.

Jazz could thrive with Rubio if they had a starting 4 that can create offense and stretch the floor.

and pick up his slack on defense...so basically any PG could thrive in that situation.

But yeah it doesn't help that favors/gobert jam the paint and then rubios inability to pullup and knockdown big shots doesn't help. It's rough, no coincidence jazz were hot last year when rubio got hot.

Sad thing is we’ve had opportunities... Bjelica in Sacramento finally playing the 4 (Thibs had him at the three a lot) has been a monster. Niko obviously.

I honestly think Jae and Niang can give us a lot of what we need there. We should commit to one big lineups. We could get wing help, roll with DM, Exum, Ingles, Allen at 1 and 2... add some additional wing play and be pretty tough.

If we were to trade for OP Jr. we could still go get something with the MLE. If we try to sign someone we don’t have that option.
So let’s just stop ****ing around with these opportunities. Make it a ****ing priority.

At any rate, I think the Rubio fit has always been and will always be a suspect fit and this team is bursting with unselfish ballhandlers.

Not just better shooting from the 4, more overall more athleticism, defense and playmaking. If we cant get tobias, mirotic or middleton id sign randle. Dude gets assists and dribbling out there like a point guard

Yeah but rozier is nutzo quick and athletic, he gets rebounds

Last edited by a moderator: