What's new

If not Rubio then what?

To get Hill, we would have to trade guys we need for either our depth or other type deals. The Cavs wont be interested in Rubio so we would trade Favors or Burks to make salaries meet. Adding Hill to Rubio would be messy.

Nobody wants Rubio. I'm not sure if anybody needs Rubio. Rubio could be badass at $6-8 million a year. At an expiring $15, he is only valuable as an expiring for a longer deal.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Huh? Why wouldn’t they want Rubio... can help as Sexton develops... just like Hill is doing but saves them 4M this year and 1M next year.

Favs is redundant to Thompson... they might prefer AB but 5M plus a good mentor for Colin ain’t bad. Plus he’s homies with Love so he can help keep him happy.

Maybe, just maybe Cleveland wants to bring in Rubio to save a little money. They are trying to get Hill to mentor Sexton. Maybe Rubio can do that...

I just don't think DL would trade Rubio potentially upsetting Mitchell and potentially upsetting anyone who was annoyed by Hill's soft nature a couple years ago.

Maybe, just maybe Cleveland wants to bring in Rubio to save a little money. They are trying to get Hill to mentor Sexton. Maybe Rubio can do that...

I just don't think DL would trade Rubio potentially upsetting Mitchell and potentially upsetting anyone who was annoyed by Hill's soft nature a couple years ago.

I don’t think Hill is soft... he may have been a little bit selfish with not playing but he had a lot of money on the line... ask IT how awesome it is to lay it out for a franchise and do damage to your body that costs you tens of millions of dollars.

I think guys like Gobert and others still around from 2 years ago might still be pissed at him.

Let's be realistic. We aren't trading Rubio for Hill. I don't think we will trade Rubio at all. If for some reason we did, it would be because Exum, Mitchell and Grayson are covering PG fine. Once again, I dont think we have the balls to roll the dice with just the younger guys.

Every idea I have is realistic because every GM throws out ideas. Its how **** starts.

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to your idea. I just don't think we ever consider Hill for Rubio. Like we both said, we sit on our hands

Every idea I have is realistic because every GM throws out ideas. Its how **** starts.

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to your idea. I just don't think we ever consider Hill for Rubio. Like we both said, we sit on our hands

Then this idea is realistic... trust me you throw a ton against the wall and some are completely unrealistic... much more unrealistic than this one. I would refrain from using words like every, never, and always... only takes one exception.

George Hill? HILL NO!

I'd rather get Trey Burke from the Knicks.

Delon Wright, the corpse of Brandon Knight, Mathew Deledova, Tyus Jones, TJ McConnel. OMG the Jazz are screwed.

Maybe just play Dante and draft a damn back-up pg in any of the last three drafts instead of protecting Raul for so many years.

HH - I throw ideas out there with reasons for happening. Documented reasons why for the other team and rational reasons why we would consider the trade idea.

There is no reason why we look into this trade. None.

George Hill? HILL NO!

I'd rather get Trey Burke from the Knicks.

Delon Wright, the corpse of Brandon Knight, Mathew Deledova, Tyus Jones, TJ McConnel. OMG the Jazz are screwed.

Maybe just play Dante and draft a damn back-up pg in any of the last three drafts instead of protecting Raul for so many years.

Hill this year per 36 17 pts. 4 assists on 55/48 shooting splits... 2.2 TO per game.... Hill with Utah - 19/5 on 48/40 shooting... 2 TO

Hill in the playoffs 16/4 on 47/39 shooting splits. 1.6 TO per game.

He is so much better than what he is given credit for.

Again - the off court stuff is the only hesitation I would have.

He is not the only option, but as long as we have Ricky and Exum it will be Ricky carrying the minutes load.

HH - I throw ideas out there with reasons for happening. Documented reasons why for the other team and rational reasons why we would consider the trade idea.

There is no reason why we look into this trade. None.

Da eff you talking about... the reason we'd look into it is because Hill played well here and fit (one reason) Ricky is *** (2 reasons). Hill fits with both Dante and DM... Ricky doesn't (3 reasons)... similar contract length and value (4 reasons) motivation on their side to save money (5 reasons).

There are many reasons to do the deal...it only takes one reason to not do a deal. Don't be so arrogant when so many of your ideas are straight ***.

Dude, calm down. Don't take this personally. I'm with you, I think Hill could be better than Rubio for us. Not for sure, but maybe.

However:
- Rubio worked better last year overall than Hill did in his season.
- The fans mostly like Rubio and didnt love Hill.
- Some think Hill was soft here.
- Mitchell likes Rubio.
- Are there hard feelings about Hill among the remaining teammates?
- Hill makes more money
- Are we really going to pay two first rounders for Hill?

Dude, calm down. Don't take this personally. I'm with you, I think Hill could be better than Rubio for us. Not for sure, but maybe.

However:
- Rubio worked better last year overall than Hill did in his season.
- The fans mostly like Rubio and didnt love Hill.
- Some think Hill was soft here.
- Mitchell likes Rubio.
- Are there hard feelings about Hill among the remaining teammates?
- Hill makes more money
- Are we really going to pay two first rounders for Hill?

I’m calm. It’s the whole being realistic and no reason to do a deal... I wasn’t even saying that we should... he may have been an ******* in the locker room. At the time that was not the story... in the offseason is when stuff started coming out and it was a bit of sour grapes from both parties imo.

On court Hill is consistently good... very steady. Ricky was hot for a while and is terrible otherwise.

We aren’t paying two firsts for Hill... both of those picks are sunk costs and don’t factor into future decisions. Don’t make decisions based on sunk costs.

We have to work around too much with Ricky... it only works when he is uncharacteriscally hot... maybe we should find a guy who is consistently at the “hot shooting” Rubio levels.

Hill was a stud here when he played and was better than Rubio was last year... which was his hottest shooting year.

Again... the off court stuff and bad feelings are probably significant enough we wouldn’t really consider it, but if you look at what we need in a DM guard partner Hill has a lot of what we need... Ricky has not much. Might be a one year improvement but we can’t keep playing for next year... every year we playing for next year. Like we don’t have to sell out our future or anything but winning more now will benefit the franchise going forward.

Looking at the PG play these first 10 games, it's been almost as bad as I can remember. I don't think a team can win if their PG is shooting 32% every night and shooting 26% from 3. It's the same as playing 4 or 5.

The best option at PG on our roster is Mitchell. I assume everyone will figure that out eventually.

We can play Burks, Allen or Royce at the 2, or we can run a two-guard front with Exum.

The best option at PG on our roster is Mitchell. I assume everyone will figure that out eventually.

We can play Burks, Allen or Royce at the 2, or we can run a two-guard front with Exum.

Rubio hasn't been good on defense either. He's had 2 good games... 1 solid game... a couple meh games... but then there are 5 games where he shoots less than 25% from the field.

People point at Favs and the two big alignment and that is part of the issue... but that's one we can fix pretty easily imo with playing Niang and Jae more (even Royce). The Ricky issue is more difficult to navigate.

Rubio hasn't been good on defense either. He's had 2 good games... 1 solid game... a couple meh games... but then there are 5 games where he shoots less than 25% from the field.

People point at Favs and the two big alignment and that is part of the issue... but that's one we can fix pretty easily imo with playing Niang and Jae more (even Royce). The Ricky issue is more difficult to navigate.

In my opinion, we need to sit either Rubio or Favors but we don't have to sit both. Starting both hurts everybody right now.

Is Mitro Long any kind of player?

Could be like a 5th guard... he’s likely not going to be much more than a cheap rotation player on the high end. I think he’s an NBA player at some point... he can get a lot of threes up and hits at a decent clip.

Like he could be a Neto like combo guard who fills in admirably in emergencies. If you have to rely on him every night I’m not sure you are in a great place.

Britton Johnson says if an usher put on a Raptors uniform the usher couldve made shots last night.

Given the propensity for oppossing pgs to go off against the jazz I wonder if Rubio was traded to Toronto would he shoot 8-12 against the jazz?