What's new

If the Jazz lose Hayward I'm done with the NBA.

And to compare the warriors to the 90s bulls is unfair. The Bulls faced teams that could have beaten them.

I disagree. The Bulls were favorites in all 6 series. They had mismatches over every opponent. Anybody can beat another team depending on circumstances (injuries, suspension, etc.), but the Bulls should and did win every Finals they were in.

This Warriors team is much like the Bulls. They should and will probably beat every opponent unless they have a major shakeup. They are the best team pound for pound position for position since the 96-98 Bulls team. And time will probably show they are better.

Osama bin laden?

Did people hussein was responsible for 911? I don't remember anyone thinking that.

That's not what the data shows. Perhaps you're just better educated than most Americans?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polls_about_9/11_conspiracy_theories

The Newsweek magazine poll "What America Knows," conducted by Princeton Survey Research Associates International, regularly asks American citizens a wide range of questions relating to world events both past and present, and a number of more trivial questions of general knowledge.[7] On five occasions the following question has been asked:

"Do you think Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq was directly involved in planning, financing, or carrying out the terrorist attacks of September 11th, 2001?"

September 2003 responses: 47% Yes, 37% No, 16% not sure.
January 2004 responses: 49% Yes, 39% No, 12% not sure.
September 2004 responses: 42% Yes, 44% No, 14% not sure.
October 2004 responses: 36% Yes, 51% No, 13% not sure.
June 2007 responses: 41% Yes, 50% No, 9% not sure.

And

CBS News and The New York Times have conducted a number of polls on the Iraq War that have included the question:

"Was Saddam personally involved in 9/11?"[10]

April 2003 responses: 53% said Yes, 38% said No.
October 2005 responses: 33% said Yes, 55% said No.
September 2006 responses: 31% said Yes, 57% said No.
September 2007 responses: 33% said Yes, 58% said No.

And

https://www.politico.com/story/2010/01/palin-admits-questions-about-sept-11-031436

In her debut as a contributor to Fox News Tuesday, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin admitted that leading up to her 2008 vice presidential debate, she thought Iraq may have been behind the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Interviewed by Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly on his show “The O’Reilly Factor,” Palin trashed many of the critical accounts of her candidacy in the new book “Game Change.” But one story from the book that Palin did not say was “made up” or “a lie” was the description of her uncertainty as to whether Iraq had a hand in the planning of the Sept. 11 attacks.

I disagree. The Bulls were favorites in all 6 series. They had mismatches over every opponent. Anybody can beat another team depending on circumstances (injuries, suspension, etc.), but the Bulls should and did win every Finals they were in.

This Warriors team is much like the Bulls. They should and will probably beat every opponent unless they have a major shakeup. They are the best team pound for pound position for position since the 96-98 Bulls team. And time will probably show they are better.

Being the favorites is different than plain dominating everyone.

With few exceptions, the Bulls didn't sweep and blow out every opponent they faced. Especially in the EC Finals and Finals. In 1998 alone, the Bulls went 7 games against Indiana and 6 against the Jazz. With the exception of game... 4? in 98 where the Jazz laid a major deuce out there, all the games were competitive.

The Warriors meanwhile obtained their first loss of the entire playoffs came in game 4 of the Finals. Up until game 4, their avg margin of victory was 15 pts.

Can you see the difference now?

The problem is there is a huge gap in fans being OK with the current setup. Anyone under 20 years old loves this new NBA of All-Star teams.

Everyone that is a bit older are the ones complaining. The younger generation does't give a **** that players are teaming up. It's all they know.

The ratings are great right now for the finals, simply because it's been the two pre-ordained teams on a collision course. I heard on some podcast(sorry, don't remember which one), that the local ratings are down across many teams in the NBA during the regular season.

Which is part of what buoys up the big markets which fuel the big tv deals etc. the ratings are great right now another year of complete dominance and talent banding together and it becomes more frustrating to watch and things slow down.

You can't just say right now it's fine... you have to look down the road a little. These teams are competitors but long term they are partners. There has never been "competitive balance" but there hasn't been a team this dominant... there needs to be uncertainty and emotion... the appearance of competitiveness. Long term it will be bad if all the talent congregates to try and compete with the bohemeths.

With few exceptions, the Bulls didn't sweep and blow out every opponent they faced. Especially in the EC Finals and Finals. In 1998 alone, the Bulls went 7 games against Indiana and 6 against the Jazz. With the exception of game... 4? in 98 where the Jazz laid a major deuce out there, all the games were competitive.

The Warriors meanwhile obtained their first loss of the entire playoffs came in game 4 of the Finals. Up until game 4, their avg margin of victory was 15 pts.

That is the issue I heard locke raging on about how we are all whiners and it's always been this way... it hasn't been this bad in the modern era and the trickle down effects will get bad. Zach Lowe has acknowledged this... Howard beck... and others. It will turn into 25 tanking teams and fans will lose interest when their favorite player bails to build a super team somewhere.

Thing is, that all sports attendance and awareness in general has peaked. Right now sports is the only weapon that cable and satellite have against streaming, catalogued entertainment. They will lose that battle. How many children are being brought up Atlanta Hawk fans? Sports, like Television and Music will continue to become more fractured, and younger fans will get more casual, switching from their Kobe, to their Lebron, to their Curry jerseys without really understanding the game, just the hype. Hell, spend a few hours on realGM and you can see this coming a mile away.

Ratings say the fans like it

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

People like drama. The more they create drama the more they get the shallow bandwagoners on board and get their money, but the more basketball purists leave. Unfortunately if America is full of one thing it is brainless shallow people who just want to see the video of the guy breaking his leg, and don't really give a **** about who won the fight.

Thing is, that all sports attendance and awareness in general has peaked. Right now sports is the only weapon that cable and satellite have against streaming, catalogued entertainment. They will lose that battle. How many children are being brought up Atlanta Hawk fans? Sports, like Television and Music will continue to become more fractured, and younger fans will get more casual, switching from their Kobe, to their Lebron, to their Curry jerseys without really understanding the game, just the hype. Hell, spend a few hours on realGM and you can see this coming a mile away.

Yes but casual fans won't pay the bills... they will turn on the tv, but ESPN is getting less in endorsements and has had to have payoffs because they are paying more for rights and people are streaming more... so when the tv deals become less valuable the players and owners will have less money to distribute and they will wonder where interest went.

If Gordon leaves to form a super team there will no doubt be less money for the millers and interest in Utah will take a hit... fans will leave because they don't want it to happen again. If the chasm between the haves and have nots gets larger it will eventually lead to less interest. Even casual fans will turn off blowouts... silver was really defensive I think he knows this is a tough issue to address. The less desirable markets can't become the farm team Washington generals for the few super teams.

I will still be a fan... I will still watch but I've known many who have no interest anymore.

It doesn't matter how it was 20 or 30 years ago and it doesn't matter if it's "always been like this." You can be legitimately upset at the way things are now even if you weren't upset at the same situation at some point in the past.

Things change, details change, circumstances change, context changes. Celtics winning 9 straight 60 years ago happened under different conditions.

Yes but casual fans won't pay the bills... they will turn on the tv, but ESPN is getting less in endorsements and has had to have payoffs because they are paying more for rights and people are streaming more... so when the tv deals become less valuable the players and owners will have less money to distribute and they will wonder where interest went.

If Gordon leaves to form a super team there will no doubt be less money for the millers and interest in Utah will take a hit... fans will leave because they don't want it to happen again. If the chasm between the haves and have nots gets larger it will eventually lead to less interest. Even casual fans will turn off blowouts... silver was really defensive I think he knows this is a tough issue to address. The less desirable markets can't become the farm team Washington generals for the few super teams.

I will still be a fan... I will still watch but I've known many who have no interest anymore.

I disagree with this. I would argue that casual fans are exactly who pays the bills. Look at the warriors. Were they making more money as the league's doormat, or now that they have franken-team cranking out championships? Who supported them in the crappy years, and where is the extra money coming from. Like in most businesses with a product, volume is king. The more people they rope in the more money they make. Get the bandwagoners to watch and buy jerseys and fill up the seats and the money flows. Get a crappy team with only 70% attendance and the money goes.

That is the issue I heard locke raging on about how we are all whiners and it's always been this way... it hasn't been this bad in the modern era and the trickle down effects will get bad. Zach Lowe has acknowledged this... Howard beck... and others. It will turn into 25 tanking teams and fans will lose interest when their favorite player bails to build a super team somewhere.

Exactly.

We've seen dynasties before. Lakers, Spurs, Bulls, etc. but they've all been pushed to the limit. The lakers faced stiff competition from WC teams. The Kings and Blazers had them beat if it weren't for some miracles. Jordan's heroics at the buzzer is what gained him notoriety.

The warriors? The aren't losing much in the regular season and their loss yesterday was their first since April 10. They've not only beaten everyone in the playoffs but have more often than not, blown people out.

Locke and those guys don't know what the hell theyre talking about.

Sure, Jordan might have beaten the EC for several years. But they were in wars. The warriors? It's a shock if their starters are still playing in the 4th qtr.

That's what's wrong with the nba now. You have 2 teams with ALL the talent. And several without any. To use a past example, it would be like the lakers in the early 2000s gaining Dirk or Duncan for nothing. Malone and Stockton joining Jordan and Pippen. The league is so dysfunctional right now.

Parity is something to strive for. That's one of the main reasons why the NFL is so successful.

The Warriors team played a Utah team without Hill, a San Antonio team without Kawhi and an outmatched Portland team. The Warriors are incredible but there path has been rather easy compared to usual competition in the West.

The Bulls lost some games here and there, but they never faced a true opponent. I love our Jazz and we were the best challenge for the Bulls, but Stockton and Malone were our only advantages. Jordan vs Hornacek? Pippen vs Russell? Even Longley vs Ostertag. Then factor in the bench of Kukoc and Kerr vs Eisley, Vaughn, etc.

The Bulls should and did win every series in those 6 years. The competition was not to their level. Just like the competition this year isn't up to the standard of the Warriors. Although honestly the series should be 2-2 if Korver could hit a wide open 3.

All in all, the Bulls were allowed to be too good 96-98. Allowed to pay Jordan $30+ per year. Those contracts ended up leading the league to a lockout later on when stars tried to follow suit. Kukoc would only play for Chicago and same with Rodman.

Fast forward to today when Durant sells out and goes to the Warriors. Both teams were too good for their era. Still beatable because anything can happen, but too unfairly good.

The polls were right. Hillary did win by 2-3 percent of the vote.

This whole attack the polls nonsense is yet another example of how misinformation repeated ad nauseam becomes cemented into the American conscience as fact. Similar to Saddam Hussein being responsible for 9/11 or President Obama being responsible for the bank bailout.

The polls were correct.

Some Prognosticators were wrong in how they interpreted the data. But most were giving Trump a realistic chance of winning. I remember Nate Silver's website (who interpret and use data very well) actually warning people that Trump had a very realistic shot at winning.

Give me a break. No one gave Trump a chance of winning.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

People like drama. The more they create drama the more they get the shallow bandwagoners on board and get their money, but the more basketball purists leave. Unfortunately if America is full of one thing it is brainless shallow people who just want to see the video of the guy breaking his leg, and don't really give a **** about who won the fight.

I think the basketball purist stay. The whiny people leave.

All in all, the Bulls were allowed to be too good 96-98. Allowed to pay Jordan $30+ per year. Those contracts ended up leading the league to a lockout later on when stars tried to follow suit. Kukoc would only play for Chicago and same with Rodman.

Fast forward to today when Durant sells out and goes to the Warriors. Both teams were too good for their era. Still beatable because anything can happen, but too unfairly good.

Life isnt fair.

It's about that time that you join the Warriors forum. The writing is on the wall. You pushed for Mack because you knew that would lead to an easy sweep for your Warriors over our Jazz. We know you love em.

Ehh if I was going to leave the Jazz I would go to the Spurs or Celtics. Not going to happen tho.