What's new

If the Jazz lose Hayward I'm done with the NBA.

Dennis O'Lindsey was on 1280 today, I had someone in the car with me so I couldn't hear everything he said, but I thought I heard him say something like: " As a league we can't become like wrestling where the off-court action predetermines what happens on the court, or the winner shouldn't be decided in July"

If a GM is publicly acknowledging it, then it is already a problem. I have been saying it for a couple of years, the league is broken, they have taken their fans for granted too long.

Dennis O'Lindsey was on 1280 today, I had someone in the car with me so I couldn't hear everything he said, but I thought I heard him say something like: " As a league we can't become like wrestling where the off-court action predetermines what happens on the court, or the winner shouldn't be decided in July"

If a GM is publicly acknowledging it, then it is already a problem. I have been saying it for a couple of years, the league is broken, they have taken their fans for granted too long.
Ratings say the fans like it

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

How good are they? I keep hearing that they're highest since 2001 or what have you. Which means they were higher in the past.

Not sure, I just know they are higher than last year, and last year they were the highest they have been since the Jordan era.

Not sure, I just know they are higher than last year, and last year they were the highest they have been since the Jordan era.

The ratings are great right now for the finals, simply because it's been the two pre-ordained teams on a collision course. I heard on some podcast(sorry, don't remember which one), that the local ratings are down across many teams in the NBA during the regular season.

Last edited:
Ratings are the highest they've ever been since Michael Jordan's last NBA Finals in 1998.

They're also up 22% from last year.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Ratings are the highest they've ever been since Michael Jordan's last NBA Finals in 1998.

They're also up 22% from last year.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Nobody is disputing the finals ratings. The finals are 2 weeks during the year. The question is what happens in the 7 months of regular season and if local and regular season ratings are up.

LOL. In the overall heirarchy of NBA players, Hayward is like the 20th best player in the league. You're really gonna abandon watching basketball completely because the 20th best player in the league switches teams? It will definitely hurt the Jazz if Hayward leaves, but let's not get overdramatic here...

LOL. In the overall heirarchy of NBA players, Hayward is like the 20th best player in the league. You're really gonna abandon watching basketball completely because the 20th best player in the league switches teams? It will definitely hurt the Jazz if Hayward leaves, but let's not get overdramatic here...

Yes, life would go on but what does it say if the Jazz can't keep a white player who is beloved by the fans? How are they going to attract a black all-star type player? Beside the fact the Jazz have made him one of the center pieces of the team, he has a great relationship with the coaching staff and the Jazz can pay him more money than any other team.

If the Jazz lose Hayward then there is little hope of having a championship team in Utah. This is unhealthy for the league because when the reality is that there are one or two teams who can win the championship then many fans will tune out the league until the Finals. Less people go to games and local broadcasting ratings are down. The serious fans will always watch because they love basketball, but I admit that I haven't been watch the playoffs until the finals after the Jazz lost. In past years I would watch other series now my interest isn't as great because Cavs and Warriors were pre-ordained in the summer.

The ratings are up because of the Warriors vs the Cavs part III. The Finals are getting ratings, but I'd be willing to guess that the first few rounds had dwindling numbers even with major market Boston and a San Antonio team with years of playoff success in the conference finals.

We won't see the effect of these dominant teams until we follow the trends of ticket sales, TV views, and playoff views from this last year through the next couple years. If trends start showing NFL like decline, that will be telling. It's more than just Finals ratings.

As for leaving if Hayward leaves, I'm not jumping ship. If anything, we put all our cards on the table with Gobert, Exum, Lyles, Hood and our stock of draft picks. We'll trade Joe Johnson to a contender for another asset. We will probably do the same with Favors. I still think we are a playoff team without Hayward.

Polls also suggested Hillary would win.

The polls were right. Hillary did win by 2-3 percent of the vote.

This whole attack the polls nonsense is yet another example of how misinformation repeated ad nauseam becomes cemented into the American conscience as fact. Similar to Saddam Hussein being responsible for 9/11 or President Obama being responsible for the bank bailout.

The polls were correct.

Some Prognosticators were wrong in how they interpreted the data. But most were giving Trump a realistic chance of winning. I remember Nate Silver's website (who interpret and use data very well) actually warning people that Trump had a very realistic shot at winning.

TV ratings are high right now.

But the long term effects are still being disputed. I think it's a valid question as to whether or not this is good for the nba. And to compare the warriors to the 90s bulls is unfair. The Bulls faced teams that could have beaten them. In fact, several times they nearly were. The warriors? Wasn't their avg margin of victory this playoff something like 15 pts?

Similar to Saddam Hussein being responsible for 9/11

Osama bin laden?

Did people hussein was responsible for 911? I don't remember anyone thinking that.

Players come and go. To quit being a fan because one player moved is so stupid.