What's new

I'm Sensing Trading the 1st Round Pick for a Veteran

Conley, Donovan and Rudy would be a stellar big 3. We NEED this.

I worry about age and injury, but if you told me he played around 70 games a year and was healthy for the playoffs it'd be a home run. As offense becomes more and more the priority in the nba you need more creators, shooters, passers... He is one of the few guys that would add a lot to the offense and the defense would not slip.

I think it is a tough draft, but wasn't 2013 supposed to be bad and it produced some good players in the middle/late part of the draft. Giannis and Rudy... I think it is a tough draft to evaluate after those two, but I don't think it is any worse at the end of the 1st round than a normal draft.
I mentioned this in another thread, but 2011 was supposed to be garbage and it produced Kawhi, Klay, Butler, Tobias, Mirotic, not to mention Kyrie and Kemba.

Draft prognostication is masturbation.

I mentioned this in another thread, but 2011 was supposed to be garbage and it produced Kawhi, Klay, Butler, Tobias, Mirotic, not to mention Kyrie and Kemba.

Like this draft would suck to have the 6/7th pick compared to other years... at 23 there are guys I like just like every year. There is a lot of guesswork imo… definitely some skill, but luck is a big factor too.

I'll be surprised if we execute our pick this year - only way I can see it making sense is if we make a splash via trade and want to have another rookie deal on the roster for cap purposes.

But I really don't think anyone at 23 moves the needle and firmly believe we are in "win now" mode.

I worry about age and injury, but if you told me he played around 70 games a year and was healthy for the playoffs it'd be a home run. As offense becomes more and more the priority in the nba you need more creators, shooters, passers... He is one of the few guys that would add a lot to the offense and the defense would not slip.

An old Conley is better than a current Rubio or a future bust Exum, believe me...

An old Conley is better than a current Rubio or a future bust Exum, believe me...

I agree, but availability is the greatest ability... I worry with his heel/Achilles. if the price is Exum/Favs (once we exercise his option) and a 1st then that is good deal that factors in the health/age/contract stuff. It is just that he isn't a guy that is going to be fantastic in 3 years and ideally we would have found a good win-now and future piece. The fit on court and in the locker room seems ideal.

I agree, but availability is the greatest ability... I worry with his heel/Achilles. if the price is Exum/Favs (once we exercise his option) and a 1st then that is good deal that factors in the health/age/contract stuff. It is just that he isn't a guy that is going to be fantastic in 3 years and ideally we would have found a good win-now and future piece. The fit on court and in the locker room seems ideal.

That's an assumption, maybe a fear. He can play for longer I'm sure, we got good trainers here.

Kyle giving word on retirement early would help us if we traded for Conley... if we traded for Conley and waived and stretched Korver then I think we are looking at $15-17M which may be enough to land Niko or something in that tier.

Conley/DM/Ingles/Niko/Rudy with Jae/Royce/Allen/Neto/Niang off the bench is a decent base... could add a couple other vets to round out the bench.

That's an assumption, maybe a fear. He can play for longer I'm sure, we got good trainers here.

Pretty safe assumption. I think he has two really good years left maybe three... then he moves to the Tony Parker stage of his career that he'd be a solid backup. Father Time is undefeated.

I would say a safe assumption, but not a guarantee right ?

Nothing is guaranteed, but if you got two or three high level seasons you'd have to consider yourself lucky. Small guards don't age like Lebron.

I played college tore my acl, bounced back. Guards need explosion and bursts of speed, I get it. With a summer off and minute management I think he would be ok. But everyone has their own opinion right ? My situation was different tho

You mean, coitus?

maxresdefault.jpg

I'll be surprised if we execute our pick this year - only way I can see it making sense is if we make a splash via trade and want to have another rookie deal on the roster for cap purposes.

But I really don't think anyone at 23 moves the needle and firmly believe we are in "win now" mode.

Mitchell is 22. If the Jazz see a young talent worth drafting, I think they'll go for it. They dont have much talent on rookie scale aside from Mitchell, and those are very valuable contracts to have.

If they can work a trade for J'rue or maybe Conley, then sure. I get the sense that the Jazz want to keep Favors, and they don't have much else to send out in a trade. Crowder and the pick won't bring back an impact player.

I thought the greatest ability was to be able to fly. That would be cool.