I'm Worried About Clarkson

Nicksti

I know a lot of people are down on Utah right now, but for the most part I'm not at all. I'm pretty confident in this team to step up when it counts. That is, I'm confident in all but one player.... Jordan Clarkson.

The dude has looked flat out bad lately. And not just miss/make bad, but not able to get past anyone in the NBA bad. Looking like Rodney Hood at his worst bad. The worst part is that I don't even think it's injury related. I think teams just have a much better scouting report on him now and the moves he had in his bag of tricks have become predictable for opponents.
It looks like you demotivated the kid. He is playing even worse.

prodigy

Being a poor shooter on a team that shoots a whole helluva lot of 3's does make you stand out a bit more as a scapegoat. Shooting 30% from 3's since all star break. Not ideal heading into the playoffs.

sahlensguy

JC has kind of sucked ever since he revealed Kobe's last words to him where.

“We don't take those [practice] shots for no reason,” Clarkson recalls Bryant saying. “Go out there and shoot 'em.”

That was January 26th.

Some things that give you power you need to yourself.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
It's not just the poor shooting, his overdribbling and unwillingness to pass to wide open teammates is really starting to wear thin.

Saint Cy of JFC

Being a poor shooter on a team that shoots a whole helluva lot of 3's does make you stand out a bit more as a scapegoat. Shooting 30% from 3's since all star break. Not ideal heading into the playoffs.
He's not a poor shooter though. Over his last 15 games he's shooting 46% on catch and shoot 3's.

He just takes too many ****** shots.

FAILED STATE

My wife (who knows very little about basketball) thinks that Clarkson has the most beautiful and effortless shot on the whole team. FWIW.

But she also comments about what a maniac he is.

Agent#00

I hate his move where he backs down near the logo for an iso, only to get stripped then easy 2 pts for the other team. Probably the easiest 2pts against us since nobody goes back on defense.

The Fresh Prince

Ginobili checked, Parker chucked, Bring chucked, Kobe chucked, Ray Allen chucked, Michael Jordan chucked. A shot not taken is 2-3 points lost. We could not have a guy who can give us 20-30 points any given night, and rely on our reserves who can only give us 5-7 pointe a night if Clarkson wasn't here.