What's new

Interested in Helping me With my Book?

Scat

Here's some constructive criticism for you. If you're writing a book for your sisters why is it about a grandfather and his grandson and boy scouts? Wouldn't it make more sense to write about a grandfather and his granddaughters? Something little girls would be interested in?

Archie Moses

Here's some constructive criticism for you. If you're writing a book for your sisters why is it about a grandfather and his grandson and boy scouts? Wouldn't it make more sense to write about a grandfather and his granddaughters?

There's a lot to it, at least the book. I think I used the excuse that I was writing it for my sisters more as a crutch so I didn't feel so dumb. I know, right?

moevillini

the Chief Old D'oh
Staff member
Here's some constructive criticism for you. If you're writing a book for your sisters why is it about a grandfather and his grandson and boy scouts? Wouldn't it make more sense to write about a grandfather and his granddaughters? Something little girls would be interested in?

There's a lot to it, at least the book. I think I used the excuse that I was writing it for my sisters more as a crutch so I didn't feel so dumb. I know, right?

LOL, Archie, you're a trip! Now you ought to feel even dumber, using your poor, helpless, adopted little Russian sisters in such a fashion. This thread is crackin' me up.

Archie Moses

Gameface said:
Archie,
I read the chapter and it's pretty good.

Anyone else wanna help? Come on, I know you do. Is it pretty sad that I feel more comfortable asking people I don't know to read it from the interweb, than I do asking people I do know?

Hopper

Banned
I wrote a book once. It was 8 pages long. Mainly all pictures, which I didn't draw, but I writ the dialogue, ya know!? I forgets mosta it now, though. Except for the first page, where the Babe asks: What do you want me to do first? Then the guy says; "Take out them false teeth, Darlin."

Archie Moses

I'm seriously contemplating on posting the entire first chapter on the board.. Hmm... The flaming I would get. Must... resist... temptation.... to... whore... attention....

Gyp Rosetti

Banned
I'm seriously contemplating on posting the entire first chapter on the board.. Hmm... The flaming I would get. Must... resist... temptation.... to... whore... attention....

You may want me to edit it first. I'm not saying I'm a stud with that **** but I remember reading your first chapter before and it needed A LOT of editing.