What's new

Is THT a Longterm Piece?

Is THT a longterm piece?

• Yes

Votes: 43 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 45.6%

• Total voters
At this point I don’t know, what can I say it was against the spurs sitting all their good players. I voted no just to see what the vote was at. After the hornets game I half thought he arrived, then he had a string of meh games after that against better competition, then he plays the spurs sitting any and everyone worth something
He was the best player against the Spurs so should we not bring anyone back?

If he was a better defensive player I would vote yes. He looks like he should be an elite defender on the wing, but I just don't see it.

Why don't I like him more? Good size, super young (despite looking 40 years old), and talented. Yet I don't get excited about him as a future piece at all. And I feel like that is the sentiment around the league. Could we even get a first rounder for him like we got for Royce this offseason? It doesn't feel like it. And why is that?

He needs to go to that fitness academy in Santa Barbara drop about 30 lbs and gain muscle mass in the off season. I know I'm fat shaming but his performance would improve.

He needs to go to that fitness academy in Santa Barbara drop about 30 lbs and gain muscle mass in the off season. I know I'm fat shaming but his performance would improve.
He's fine now... but he played his way into shape this season. If he had come in looking like he does now he may have had a better year. He will always be a thick boy and that is fine. Just come into camp in shape this year.

Would keep over JC no question. Rebounds plays defense, occasionally picks up a steal with his ridiculous reach. Easy

Why don't I like him more? Good size, super young (despite looking 40 years old), and talented. Yet I don't get excited about him as a future piece at all. And I feel like that is the sentiment around the league.
This pretty much captures my thought process last night, both the pros and cons.

My gut has always screamed that he is just not an NBA player, but I also think it’s important to keep an open mind and pay attention to if and how things change.

I voted no, but for the first time I’ve even entertained the notion that he has a real role here.

I don't know on THT... if we didn't have Sexton or JC I could get down with a bench THT sixth man type of deal. It feels like his shot has improved even if the percentages don't say it. It feels like he has less WTF turnovers on drives into places where there is no space. It feels like he's making better reads.

It also feels like Dunn is a reasonable facsimile of the good stuff he brings with less of the nonsense (and less fun tbh). Hell no to an extension. Probably let it play out next year and see what happens. I could also see him being moved this offseason.

So to answer the question directly... he is not a long term piece now. I wouldn't mind keeping him around another year but I also might prefer he doesn't play unless he takes a decent step up.

Also it seems like Hardy really likes THT. I think he's going to stay here another year on his current contract. There arent enough teams with cap-space to make opting out worthwhile.

This pretty much captures my thought process last night, both the pros and cons.

My gut has always screamed that he is just not an NBA player, but I also think it’s important to keep an open mind and pay attention to if and how things change.

I voted no, but for the first time I’ve even entertained the notion that he has a real role here.
So many scrubs can put up big scoring games in the league now. Especially in awful games with two G-league lineups. Until he shows that he can be a contributor with low usage on a good team, I have no idea what his value is. What's weird is my default towards pessimism with him, when I'm usually the opposite with young, talented, etc. players on the Jazz. And I don't know why that is.

I frankly think most of yall are morons when it comes to THT tbh.
Yea, probably (hopefully)

There no reason to not keep him if it’s on a reasonable deal. Same with anyone really. In the end we can’t have all of Sexton, JC, and THT. But it’s better to keep tradable assets than let them walk. As long as they are non negative trae pieces we should keep them.

Btw, I think we messed up with not trading Clarkson bc he will walk.

There no reason to not keep him if it’s on a reasonable deal. Same with anyone really. In the end we can’t have all of Sexton, JC, and THT. But it’s better to keep tradable assets than let them walk. As long as they are non negative trae pieces we should keep them.

Btw, I think we messed up with not trading Clarkson bc he will walk.
He probably needs the Jazz to facilitate a SnT if he's trying to maximize his last big payday. I think that was part of the calculation, at least I hope it was. I've been thinking since the deadline that I probably take the platter of 5 seconds that everyone was throwing around since we don't ****ing have any.

He probably needs the Jazz to facilitate a SnT if he's trying to maximize his last big payday. I think that was part of the calculation, at least I hope it was. I've been thinking since the deadline that I probably take the platter of 5 seconds that everyone was throwing around since we don't ****ing have any.

Perhaps. I guess I should have added that JC will either walk, or he will get the bag from us and the contract won't be pretty. I love JC, but I think he had more trade value than Beasley and if we kept Beasley we still had the cost controlled Team Option for next year. I fear that the greatest remaining contribution he had for this team was basically sitting out the rest of the year. I'm hoping for that S&T, but I do not want to be the team paying him on his next contract. I think we should have taken the 5 SRP platter or put him in the trade instead of Beasley, tried to get a cost controlled player like Kennard, or maybe gotten more out of the RWB trade. Hopefully we get something better with a S&T, but I would have been fine taking whatever option was best at the trade deadline.

Keeping JC isn't devastating or anything, but it could be if we give him the bag.

I voted no but without any conviction.
I would have voted "IDK" if it were an option

I voted no but without any conviction.
I would have voted "IDK" if it were an option
That's why I didn't leave the option, this is a 'gun to your head' situation.

That said, people can change their votes and it will be interesting to see how this might change over time.

Reactions: Jeb