What's new

Is THT a Longterm Piece?

Is THT a longterm piece?

• Yes

Votes: 43 54.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 45.6%

• Total voters
One thing I've learned this year: Being shredded =/= being athletic. He's not in perfect shape, but those extra lbs definitely help THT.
He is in good shape now. He is noticeably thinner than when he came into camp. He doesn't need to be shredded but he needs to be in shape like he is now.

How the hell can you be a pro athlete and not be in really good shape? THT probably doesn’t have the genes to ever look like Mailman even if he lived in a gym and implemented “Gut and Butt” 24/7. But the dude should look a lot better than he does. Someone get the dude a chef and a shock collar. Once he passes 15 Tweenkies in one day, he gets an electrical shock.

He is in good shape now. He is noticeably thinner than when he came into camp. He doesn't need to be shredded but he needs to be in shape like he is now.

Eh...I don't notice a huge difference. The real difference is that he's dominating the ball on offense which is way better for him. The point still stands though. Lower body fat does not equal more athleticism. His athleticism/body is the least of his worries and I'd go as far as to say it's one of his biggest advantages on the court. A large amount of NBA players would perform better if they were able to hold onto more weight even if it's not all muscle.

Eh...I don't notice a huge difference. The real difference is that he's dominating the ball on offense which is way better for him. The point still stands though. Lower body fat does not equal more athleticism. His athleticism/body is the least of his worries and I'd go as far as to say it's one of his biggest advantages on the court. A large amount of NBA players would perform better if they were able to hold onto more weight even if it's not all muscle.

Bro… what? Did you see him in the preseason? He is noticeable thinner right now.

Bro… what? Did you see him in the preseason? He is noticeable thinner right now.

Maybe I’m crazy idk. I just rewatched his media day interview just to check and….yeah more or less the same guy. If he has gotten thinner, I wouldn’t attribute his recent play to that. Having the ball in his hands has been by far the biggest factor. Even earlier on in the season his splits while playing PG were pretty good.

I'm big on keeping THT. I liked what I saw his rookie year and was stoked we picked him up for Pat Bev. It's not too often we see guys put up 40 point performances in a Jazz uniform and THT did it at an efficient clip.

Maybe I’m crazy idk. I just rewatched his media day interview just to check and….yeah more or less the same guy. If he has gotten thinner, I wouldn’t attribute his recent play to that. Having the ball in his hands has been by far the biggest factor. Even earlier on in the season his splits while playing PG were pretty good.
THT could be dickskin lean and his face would still look chubby.

I'm big on keeping THT. I liked what I saw his rookie year and was stoked we picked him up for Pat Bev. It's not too often we see guys put up 40 point performances in a Jazz uniform and THT did it at an efficient clip.
Yeah, 40 is 40 . I get games aren't super competitive right now, but performing well is still a positive. THT reminds me of the rookies who struggle all year then put it together for the last 10 games and it's a really good springboard for their next season.

The drives that are now and ones were charges earlier in the year… part of it is decision making but part of it was he was fat coming into camp.

Yeah, 40 is 40 . I get games aren't super competitive right now, but performing well is still a positive. THT reminds me of the rookies who struggle all year then put it together for the last 10 games and it's a really good springboard for their next season.
I mean, he’s basically rookie aged and playing point guard for the first time. . . I’ll take that comp all day. Hopefully it really is a springboard moving forward.

I’m still hopeful that ”we got the Lakers pick, and THT who averaged 18 and 6 and the end of the year last year!“ are the headline pieces of a trade for a star (probably Dame, maybe someone else)

Every minute played by THT is garbage time.
You’re not wrong. Maybe he’ll figure it out, but after reading Sarah Todd’s piece about his lack of self awareness and watching him play the last few weeks, I don't think he will. I bet Ainge tries to sell high on him

You’re not wrong. Maybe he’ll figure it out, but after reading Sarah Todd’s piece about his lack of self awareness and watching him play the last few weeks, I don't think he will. I bet Ainge tries to sell high on him
It would be refreshing to sell high for once.

Honestly hurts my eyes watching him, he has value, his contract expires next year.