What's new

It's Over - Ne Deal for Gtime - RFA time

Wish it got done...but whatever. The market for Hayward will be much clearer after this season, so it makes sense for neither side to move off of their original number by much.

Not worried. It will get done this offseason unless he's grossly overpaid (in which case, see ya!)

Which team who has cap room is going to jump at him? Those who do are tanking and will draft Wiggins or Parker - they do not need Hayward. There is just no market next summer for GH. Very smart move by the Jazz, they will offer him 8.6mil/year deal next summer and laugh all the way when nobody will offer more. Hayward should have taken 4/40 if it was on the table.
Very very good move by the Jazz, I am regaining my hope for this organization.

Boston

Which team who has cap room is going to jump at him? Those who do are tanking and will draft Wiggins or Parker - they do not need Hayward. There is just no market next summer for GH. Very smart move by the Jazz, they will offer him 8.6mil/year deal next summer and laugh all the way when nobody will offer more. Hayward should have taken 4/40 if it was on the table.
Very very good move by the Jazz, I am regaining my hope for this organization.

Hayward plays SG. Wiggins/Parker can slot in at SF.
I was surprised to see Boston had cap concerns for next season. That would have been my #1 guess for Hayward. There are 7-8 teams "tanking" to one degree or another and many will have cap room. Also, just look at what GS did to free up money for Iguodala. The one protection the Jazz have is that Gordo is a RFA. Teams may not want to go to all the trouble of clearing space and tie up a huge slot, only to see Utah match. Every team knows Utah wants to keep Hayward and has the cap room to match even a MAX offer.

Smart move by the Jazz. They keep the ball in their court. The best part is NBA free agency will be AFTER the draft. So the Jazz can really examine the team and the offer they are willing to match.

That's possible. Not sure if Ainge would overpay or not.

It's really hard to tell who could throw him a big offer. Phoenix, Sacramento, Washington, Milwaukee, and Charlotte are possibilities too...as of now

I wish the sides would have come to an agreement, but kudos to the Jazz for not committing to overpay Hayward before they have to. Even if the Jazz end up matching a big offer Hayward signs with another team, the only incremental cost to them is any additional money Hayward gets above what he was asking for now. Given the kind of person Hayward seems to be, I don't think he'll be or act disgruntled and BS to the media about how he wants the Jazz to not match an offer sheet he's signed with another team. And now the Jazz have another year to help them decide for sure how much they'll be willing to pay to keep Hayward for 4 more years.

I know it happens all the time in the NBA but i will like Hayward a little bit less now, and if he holds out this coming summer for the max, I might just boo him a bit until he proves he's worth it. And if he leaves the team, well that's obvious.

Do it ;). I'm a bulls fan as well. So sweet the jazz were just a ring for our pinkey :)
You just earned my neg rep plus a coveted spot on my ignore list.

I was a huge Hayward fan before today, but now I won't blame the Jazz one bit if they pull the trigger on a trade. Turning down an offer like the one they made to him either means he greatly overvalues himself or he doesn't want to be here.

Good for Utah and good for Hayward. Utah didn't do anything stupid, like paying a role player all-star money and hoping he grows into it. And Hayward believes he is good enough for All-Star money and didn't settle.

Now the ball is in Hayward's court. Prove you are worth Favors money. Show the Jazz that you are worth that type of contract and the Jazz will pay you that money.

I have no problem paying a player what he is worth. I do have a problem overpaying for a player, and doing so because you deluded yourself into hoping he could be successful.

Nothing bad happened tonight. The Jazz protected themselves and Hayward did the same. If Hayward performs, he will get paid. If he doesn't, he won't. If he puts this team on his shoulder and shows the world it is his team, the Jazz will give him the team and the money he deserves. If he doesn't, he won't get it.

No biggie. It's all good. Time to get back to basketball.

Burke/Lucas
Rush/Burks
Wiggins or Parker or Gordon(in order)/McDermott
Kanter/Evans
Favors/Gobert

If Hay does move on we'll be fine, and have more money to pay a legit all-star.

Jump around.
Jump around.
Jump up jump up and get down!

"Gais teams are going to jump at hime! Omgee!"

Sounds worse than nickkk on his cycle.

Reactions: BHP
I don't understand what people are upset about. Hayward's doing the smart thing--he got himself a good agent, now he's going to get his money. The Jazz can pay him his money at the end of the season if it makes sense. That's the game of the nba. Look at Paul Millsap; he's working for peanuts in Atlanta.

If the preseason and the first game are precursors of the future, the Hayward probably made a mistake.

I like Hayward on this team as a starter but not as a star.

I don't understand what people are upset about. Hayward's doing the smart thing--he got himself a good agent, now he's going to get his money. The Jazz can pay him his money at the end of the season if it makes sense. That's the game of the nba. Look at Paul Millsap; he's working for peanuts in Atlanta.

Paul is fairly compensated. What he got is the market for undersized 4s. Didn't david west get the sameish deal?

Everyone acting like idiots towards udflyer need to relax. So the man has an unpopular opinion. So what?

Its smart that the Jazz didn't pay what was being asked and you all know that so what's the problem?

Everyone acting like idiots towards udflyer need to relax. So the man has an unpopular opinion. So what?

Its smart that the Jazz didn't pay what was being asked and you all know that so what's the problem?

He's a tool. He's a Hayward fanboy trolling the forums and he's a Bulls fan on a Jazz forum.

Even if your opinion is logical, you deserve most crap sent your way after posting something like this in a Jazz forum:

Do it ;). I'm a bulls fan as well. So sweet the jazz were just a ring for our pinkey :)