What's new

Jabari Parker

Sounds carefully worded. We couldn’t make a deal until January, anyway. I’m not suggesting that we really are targeting him, but it is kind of funny.

"Have not had no conversations"... a double negative, could that make it a positive? Meaning they have had conversations?

"Have not had no conversations"... a double negative, could that make it a positive? Meaning they have had conversations?
It’s like a woman asking her husband if he’s having an affair while he’s at work and he says “I’m not having an affair with someone at work!”

It is... but guys in our front office are really careful. I don't think they'd say a name, but this does seem like when my kids tell me something that "isn't a lie" but isn't truthful. This doesn't deny internal interest if there was any...
Perhaps they have had conversations with Jabari's agent.

It’s like a woman asking her husband if he’s having an affair while he’s at work and he says “I’m not having an affair with someone at work!”

We usually get a room or go to her place... I’m a sleeze bag but I am a professional for hells sakes.

steaming stinking pile of festering garden mulch. But yeah lets get someone released for nothing by two crap teams who openly verbalises he doesn't want to play defense.

I'd rather stay asleep thnx

Fine. You can sleep. I will set the alarm for Jabari:25 though. You will just be late to the party, and maybe you wont even be let in at that point.

Reactions: 8
every word that people use to describe Parker could've been used on Rose one year ago, and look at how he is doing now.

worst case scenario we don't bring him back next year. we can even wait for the bulls to buy him out so there'd be no risk in bringing him in. He might be lazy like what everyone said, but it literally takes no effort to get minutes ahead of Niang and Thabo anyways so it all works out.

Ya, dont get Jabari, we wouldnt want to change anything.

Trust me, it could get much worse. Look at Phoenix, that is a team that plays no defense and has no identity. Do not think for one minute there is "nothing to lose".
You cannot tank for a guaranteed top 3 pick anymore. If the Jazz screw up through bone headed trades they could find themselves in NBA hell.

every word that people use to describe Parker could've been used on Rose one year ago, and look at how he is doing now.

worst case scenario we don't bring him back next year. we can even wait for the bulls to buy him out so there'd be no risk in bringing him in. He might be lazy like what everyone said, but it literally takes no effort to get minutes ahead of Niang and Thabo anyways so it all works out.

Rose is a former MVP. Parker is a former nobody.

Wrong. We would be better.

Get woke.
You've only just woke up? That explains it. You must have slept through the Boozer era and the Big Al era and the mercifully brief Kanter era. No amount of Jazz culture could make them play defence. Well, Boozer half-tried in his contract year, although he was going to get paid, regardless, and Al would make one defensive play per game, but that was it. We've moved on from having that type of player.

You've only just woke up? That explains it. You must have slept through the Boozer era and the Big Al era and the mercifully brief Kanter era. No amount of Jazz culture could make them play defence. Well, Boozer half-tried in his contract year, although he was going to get paid, regardless, and Al would make one defensive play per game, but that was it. We've moved on from having that type of player.

I know all about that era. I despised it more than anyone on this board. I can prove it through previous posts of Big Al and Boozer hate. Long before anyone else noticed the problem.

The difference is that we have Rudy Gobert Gobert to offset Jabari's bad defense. Rudy just so happens to be the longest player ever and defensive player of the year. It can work.

Ask yourself this, why arent we as good defensively as we were last year? We still have Rudy, right? The problem is a bad offense. When you have a horrendous offense it makes defense extremely difficult for even the best defenders. Rudy is out there trying to save our asses on the offensive going for offensive boards because we cant make shots. Shots are clanking off the rim and producing more easy baskets for other teams. If we made more shots 2's or 3's, we would have more time for the defense to set up. It also energizes the team when you make shots. One it makes you more excited, two it takes less work because you dont have to attempt a basket multiple times.

This stuff is just common sense, but for some reason no one notices it.

We need balance. You cant run a team out there with no offense and all defense. Its not going to work. The way the NBA is set up you cant straight dominate teams defensively. They will get baskets. You need offense too, and Jabari is 10x better offensively than Boozer, Al, or Kanter.