What's new

Jackpotting Around Podcast: Episode 8 - To Convey Or Not To Convey and Let’s Start A Discussion About Collin Sexton

He was measured as a rookie. He's 6'.05 barefoot
looks like my 6 foot 1 guess was a good one.
Do you have listings for some of those other guys who have been mentioned for their barefoot measurements and/or a link to where I could view those measurements?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

looks like my 6 foot 1 guess was a good one.
Do you have listings for some of those other guys who have been mentioned for their barefoot measurements and/or a link to where I could view those measurements?

Id Google it

Id Google it
Is that what you do to get the barefoot sexton measurement? If so, did it come up with like a website or anything?

I did find this:
The top two point guard prospects in the eyes of many heading into this draft are Oklahoma’s Trae Young and Alabama’s Collin Sexton, and there wasn’t much separating the two from a height standpoint with Young being a quarter of an inch taller with shoes. However Sexton’s wingspan is nearly four inches longer than Young’s, measuring out at 6’6.75” while Young’s 6’3” wingspan was the shortest amongst point guards.

They do wear some serious heels those measurement days.
Probably inserts and extra socks.

I think the standard basketball shoe gives you an inch, some may give you an extra quarter. Probably have to wear extra things for that last quarter.

One thing is for sure, if you wouldn't want sexton as your starting point guard due to his size then you definitely wouldn't want to trade for trae young.

One thing is for sure, if you wouldn't want sexton as your starting point guard due to his size then you definitely wouldn't want to trade for trae young.

I mean, Trae Young is better, so yeah, I'd rather have Trae.

I still don't understand why people stress so much about how tall each player is actually. What actually matters is how he plays on the court. Does his size affect him on offense? Not at all. He does most of the things that size is supposed to help with very well. Does it affect him on defense? Absolutely, and it will be difficult for him to overcome it.

If I could just swap, I'd do so obviously, but Trae Young definitely isn't my dream trade target.

I still don't understand why people stress so much about how tall each player is actually. What actually matters is how he plays on the court. Does his size affect him on offense? Not at all. He does most of the things that size is supposed to help with very well. Does it affect him on defense? Absolutely, and it will be difficult for him to overcome it.
Because it matters.

It is bad and disingenuous... and here is why. You throw in an unnecessary qualifier. When looking at the best offensive players you state Sexton has the 2nd lowest DBPM and its right next to Trae. It makes it sound as if these guys are the worst defenders in the league because of an unrelated unnecessary qualifier. If you simply wanted to present some facts you could say Sexton has a -1.5 DBPM and Trae has a -2.3. If you were just "scrolling through" and looking at DBPM you'd also quickly note that Lauri is also a -1.5... I mean since you had picked a way to sort something in a dumbass manner I think you'd also see that Lauri #11 in OBPM was also exactly the same as Sexton #23 in OBPM.

If you really actually wanted to present some real facts you might have sorted the DBPM by clicking your mouse and "scroll through" the actual thing you wanted to present. You might also note that Key is a -2.4 and Jordan is a -3.1 (very last in the league). You might also note that the difference between Sexton and say Steph, Dame, and Maxey is fairly negligible.. they are all -1.2.

It’s almost like you wanted to paint a sliver of the story for some reason... wonder why.
Not sure how it works, but this should be a post of the year candidate.

Because it matters.

If he's 6'5 and can't finish at the rim, it's meaningless compared to a 6'0 guy that can. Same thing goes for defense. If Sexton is actually 6'3 and not 6'0, it doesn't make his defense any less ******. What matters is how you are able to perform. Like it's completely meaningless to know if he's taller or shorter than CP3 when you can just compare how they perform.

I mean, Trae Young is better, so yeah, I'd rather have Trae.
You are gonna have to show how trae is better.
When playing similar minutes this year sexton has the better assist to turnover ratio and scores more points, more efficiently.

Maybe trae is an elite level defender though. Idk.

Sexton is slightly younger and much cheaper too.

As of right now, Sexton is playing better, he is younger, and he is cheaper

Trae Young last 5 games:
4-13
4-12
3-14
6-16
10-21

Oof

4 to's
4 to's
2 to's
4 to's
7 to's

Oof

I doubt we ever see a stretch like that from Sexton for the rest of his career with the jazz.

I would also love to know examples of Sexton deals that people think would be worth it. If you really think he gets moved this offseason then by all means throw some examples of good deals out.
He won’t get moved. He is on a great deal and there are amazingly very few players better than him that we could upgrade to. All of which would cost significantly more.

And as pointed out by others, the Jazz aren’t consistently giving him all star minutes so he isn’t going to net you as much as he should in a trade.

Sexton isn’t as bad on defense as of late as he has been his career. I think he’s been better. He’s not great but he’s not actively hurting us.