What's new

Game Thread Jan 21, 2021 8:00PM MT (TNT): Jazz vs. Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 01-21-21

Conley is smart. Getting Zion involved in every defensive action and continuing the onslaught.

You know, even after watching the NBA for well nigh three decades, at times I forget how big of a jump it is from college to the pros. Most rookies and sophomores are bad on defense because they've never had to deal with NBA offenses.

Mike Conley is a 13-year NBA veteran and I think if you let him go back to Ohio State right now and play, he'd take them to Final Four in a pinch. Rudy would probably put up Wilt-like numbers in the NCAA right now.

Zion has a lot of practice time to put in before he's not a liability of offense. You're playing with the big boys now.

If I were the Pelicans, I would design the offense around Ingram and putty the cracks with Williamson, at least for the time being.

You know, even after watching the NBA for well nigh three decades, at times I forget how big of a jump it is from college to the pros. Most rookies and sophomores are bad on defense because they've never had to deal with NBA offenses.

Mike Conley is a 13-year NBA veteran and I think if you let him go back to Ohio State right now and play, he'd take them to Final Four in a pinch. Rudy would probably put up Wilt-like numbers in the NCAA right now.

Zion has a lot of practice time to put in before he's not a liability of offense. You're playing with the big boys now.

It also shows how much you can get away with at the college level. Zion was a dominant defender at Duke through sheer physical domination. Kat was was incredible too in college. But you're right, the NBA is a different game. If you don't think the game at an NBA level, you're toast. His conditioning is bad and that's definitely holding him back, but like KAT he's just not a smart of defensive player for it to matter anyways.