What's new

Jazz 2017/18 Playoff Bus! All Aboard!

Not if it means they have to play against Utah in the first round. Better to draw any of Denver, Minnesota, or SA (pending Kawhi’s health). Jazz have been on an absolute tear since Gobert got healthy.

Well, I'm thinking the Jazz can get to 47 or even 48 wins, which would be the 5th or 6th seed. So the Warriors choosing us or someone else as an opponent shouldn't be a factor.

I'd rather the Warriors be motivated to beat the other west playoff teams they play. It needs to be a tight race for 1-2.

They will be motivated to win right up until the end, but if there are only two games left on their schedule and they trail the Rockets effectively by 3 games, they'll likely start resting players. It would work out nicely for us.

Wow... a +45 win team is going to miss the playoffs... has that ever happened before? This is insane.
Yes, there have been several seasons when 45 wins (or more) has not been good enough to make the playoffs.
Just since 2000:
2000-01 Houston 45-37
2007-08 Golden State 48-34 (all WC playoff teams won at least 50)
2008-09 Phoenix 46-36
2009-10 (No misses at 45+, but all WC playoff teams won at least 50)
2013-14 Phoenix 48-34
2014-15 OKC 45-37

Screw patience.

Tomorrow, the Spurs play at the Rockets and a solid Heat team play in Portland.

Tuesday, the Twolves play at the Wiz, Thunder play at Atlanta, Clippers play at the Bulls, Hornets play in New Orleans, Magic play at the Spurs, and Nuggets play at the Lakers.

That’s just early in the week and I could definitely see 3-4 of the teams we need to lose doing so. That coupled with a win ourselves Tuesday night would mean we’ve gained a game on 3-4 teams.

Let’s ****ing go.
There are going to be ebbs and flows. Jazz better win the next 6, because they could very well split the last 10 games. By contrast, Clippers and Minnesota have a tough stretch coming up, but then pretty easy schedules over their last 8-9.

Jazz just might catch a break against GS (Warriors last game and on the road). I could see GS resting a couple of players. Also, the last game at Portland might be a rest for some of the Blazers if they've already clinched the 3rd seed.

Mar 13 vs Pistons - W
Mar 15 vs Suns - W
Mar 17 vs Kings - W
Mar 20 vs Hawks - W
Mar 22 at Mavs - W

5-0 in this stretch

Mar 23 at Spurs -
Mar 25 at Warriors -
Mar 28 vs Celtics -

2-1 or 1-2 in this stretch most likely. Spurs could catch us on a back to back.

Mar 30 vs Grizzlies - W
Apr 1 vs Wolves -
Apr 3 vs Lakers -
Apr 5 vs Clippers -
Apr 8 at Lakers -

4-1 seems doable in this stretch.

Apr 10 vs Warriors - W
Apr 11 vs Blazers -

Warriors will pack it in and rest the stars. Blazers will be a game.

I see a 12-3 or 11-4 finish. 48 or 49 wins. Which the same type of record I saw them finshing with a week or two ago.

Mar 13 vs Pistons - W
Mar 15 vs Suns - W
Mar 17 vs Kings - W
Mar 20 vs Hawks - W
Mar 22 at Mavs - W

5-0 in this stretch

Mar 23 at Spurs -
Mar 25 at Warriors -
Mar 28 vs Celtics -

2-1 or 1-2 in this stretch most likely. Spurs could catch us on a back to back.

Mar 30 vs Grizzlies - W
Apr 1 vs Wolves -
Apr 3 vs Lakers -
Apr 5 vs Clippers -
Apr 8 at Lakers -

4-1 seems doable in this stretch.

Apr 10 vs Warriors - W
Apr 11 vs Blazers -

Warriors will pack it in and rest the stars. Blazers will be a game.

I see a 12-3 or 11-4 finish. 48 or 49 wins. Which the same type of record I saw them finshing with a week or two ago.
50 wins would be the bees balls.

Did I do that right?

Yes, there have been several seasons when 45 wins (or more) has not been good enough to make the playoffs.
Just since 2000:
2000-01 Houston 45-37
2007-08 Golden State 48-34 (all WC playoff teams won at least 50)
2008-09 Phoenix 46-36
2009-10 (No misses at 45+, but all WC playoff teams won at least 50)
2013-14 Phoenix 48-34
2014-15 OKC 45-37
The West is brutal, just a blood bath. No way Lebron leaves the East.

So if Gobert was healthy all year this team is sitting in the 3rd seed.

Do we really need another "all-star"? Rubio is in his prime, and fits with Quin and us.

We haven't even included Dante in the mix.

We have the best 3 point shooter in the NBA.

Mitchell's growth.

Gobert all-star center.

Solid bench/supporting players. Thabo, Crowder, Udoh, Royce, Jonas (pretty damn good)

I think we just need to always be looking to upgrade Burks, and maybe we have to replace Favors.

538 giving the Jazz 92% to make the playoffs, 3% to make the finals, and 1% to win it all.

So if Gobert was healthy all year this team is sitting in the 3rd seed.

Do we really need another "all-star"? Rubio is in his prime, and fits with Quin and us.

We haven't even included Dante in the mix.

We have the best 3 point shooter in the NBA.

Mitchell's growth.

Gobert all-star center.

Solid bench/supporting players. Thabo, Crowder, Udoh, Royce, Jonas (pretty damn good)

I think we just need to always be looking to upgrade Burks, and maybe we have to replace Favors.

For a championship we do. Houston and GSW are a whole new level.