What's new

Jazz acquire NAW and Juancho Hernangomez for Ingles, Hughes, and two 2nd round picks.

Talk about coming from left field. I can’t believe we did this. I am ****ing ecstatic. Grabbing NAW is huge.

NAW fits nicely into a role if the Jazz send Clarkson away. But he doesn't fix any of Jazz's issues. He has better length, though and is young.

Jazz surely must send away JC for something. My brain can't fathom JC and NAW on the same roster.
I’ve seen some Eric Gordon rumors…but they’re just rumors and speculation

Yeah sorry y’all, this is garbage. Jazz need to get every drop of utility out of every asset they spend now and if anything, we have too much chucking out of the guard spots. I think we went backwards.

Is there really nothing else two seconds could have grabbed?

Yeah sorry y’all, this ****ing sucks.
If this is it, yeah, it sucks. But you have to put into perspective that New Orleans changed a lot in the offseason, and they didn't really have a facilitator. They were in disarray because Zion stayed out.

This could be a like a Jordan Clarkson reclamation project.

I don't know how to feel either. Addresses none of the problems we have, but saves money and decent value for getting NAW?

IDK. NAW has been awful this year, but he was better the year before and is on a terrible team. Waiting for the follow up where we trade Clarkson+Juancho for something big.
Wouldn't be surprised if it was Gay and JC. I liked Hernangomez at times... I did not expect this to be our direction... it does hint that we don't think we are super close to a title this year unless... lets see what the follow up deal is.

This deal definitely helped with one of our big needs: tax issues. But now the local media guys get to talk about how shrewd we were in turning the rest of our second round picks and Ingles into “a nice young prospect” and talk about dumb **** like “yeah, well since they don’t have any draft picks, this is like getting a first rounder.”

Can anyone fill me in on NAW's defense? I have absolutely no idea what he's like on that end.

Oh good. Another PR win for an even larger TPE we won’t use. “Hey guys, they saved $11M in this deal. They’re DEFINITELY take back an even larger TPE salary that will end up costing them $30M.”

This deal definitely helped with one of our big needs: tax issues. But now the local media guys get to talk about how shrewd we were in turning the rest of our second round picks and Ingles into “a nice young prospect” and talk about dumb **** like “yeah, well since they don’t have any draft picks, this is like getting a first rounder.”
I know we all like to be skeptical of the intentions... I actually think NAW is a solid second draft guy. He's totally worth a flier... especially getting out of that dumpster fire. I'm fine with the picks going out and fine with the money saved. I do think there is a follow up here.

Hernangomez is fine as well.

This is a financial move to help save some coin and get back a young player who could develop into more of a role through time. Juancho is simply filler and we hate second round picks anyway.

I don't think we're done - I think Clarkson is going somewhere.

If they don’t trade JC or JB then I truly have no idea what the Jazz are doing besides saving money and generating a trade exception that will be used to sell excitement to fans but will never be used for basketball.

NAW may become something some other time but it taxes credulity to believe he’s gonna suddenly be good this year.