What's new

Jazz acquire Novak from Raptors

How many guys do we now have signed on for next year at this point?

Burke-Exum
Burks
Hood
Kanter-Novak
Favors-Gobert

That's eight guys. Who am I forgetting?

I think a gobert Novak combo could work nice. Gobert getting rebounds and defense, Novak stepping out hitting the three. I'd rather Hood get the backup sf minutes then williams, so we'll see.

Just got the tweet.

Awesome.

I love Novak. There's our stretch 4 right there. Unleash him against the spurs. In your fat face red rocket!

I like your enthusiasm.

This electronic post has been constructed, arranged and transmitted via an Apple branded communication device using the Tapatalk application.

bye bye diante. he will be waived by raptors.... hope he can get a call at target this time!

That's kind of cold. And sort of mean.

This electronic post has been constructed, arranged and transmitted via an Apple branded communication device using the Tapatalk application.

Jazz are doing Garrett a favor, picking up a 2nd-rd pick and some bench fodder. Not a big deal. Novak will be like an 11th or 12th man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF9qMbr0-8c

Trey - Exum
Burks - Exum
Hayward - Hood
Kanter - Novak/Evans
Favors - Gobert

Depending on if we need athleticism or shooting. I think Novak can handle the 4. Way slow at the 3 but I think he can handle himself at the 4 for 10-20 minutes a night depending on what we need.

Future 2nd round pick. Nice.

Spectacular. A great 3 point shooter and nothing really of value was given up.

Ok, I see it was Garrett and we got a 2nd round pick. Even better, though I liked Garrett plenty for a 3rd PG spot.

I think a gobert Novak combo could work nice. Gobert getting rebounds and defense, Novak stepping out hitting the three. I'd rather Hood get the backup sf minutes then williams, so we'll see.

Was thinking same thing but with Favors possibly as well. Either way, one of those guys has to be on the court when Novak is.

Obviously Novak is a limited player, but to show you the importance of 3 pt spacing all check out Novak's recent net48 on/off:

2013/14: +3.9 (limited minutes)
2012/13: +4.9
2011/12: +7.5
2010/2011: 215 minutes total, inconclusive

Sweet! We get a guy that can't play defense and averaged 3.3 PPG last year (career best 8.8 PPG). At least he just has 2 years left on a favorable deal. This is a bunch of nothing.

He can actually hit a 3 pointer with consistency. Something the Jazz have lacked since Korver was around.

Nice. We'll be holding a parade for Steve Novak every 4th of July from now on.

Does this also the mean the likelihood of Raul Neto coming over just increased? Or should wait for Lucas to get moved to get excited about that one?

Wasn't Garrett thought to possibly be an asset that could be used in getting picks etc from Chicago if they got Melo?

Maybe this means Utah doesn't think Melo is going to Chicago.

Wasn't Garrett thought to possibly be an asset that could be used in getting picks etc from Chicago if they got Melo?

Maybe this means Utah doesn't think Melo is going to Chicago.

We still have JL3, Harris, and the white guy who are all non-guaranteed contracts we can use.