What's new

Jazz and Bulls are in active trade discussions regarding Zach LaVine

Jazz would be getting some sort of assets back for taking LaVine. Can't see it happening any other way unless we have some plan to sit him for the season with his foot injury. Like an agreement that he doesn't play at first and we slowly bring him back to help the tank. Then we go ham in 2025 with Cooper Flagg, Lauri, Sexton, and LaVine
and how many points are we going to allow?

I would - for what feels like the millionth time - rather take the corpse of Lonzo on the chance he’s Lazarus.
I'm probably just a sucker, but I actually believe Lonzo when he says he will play this coming season. He probably needs a full rehab year to get back to playing well, but I think we will see him on an NBA court.

If he doesn't cost anything we want long term, then I would trade for him.

Lavine said it was a 3-4 month injury and that he was ahead of schedule. The clock started in February so I can’t imagine he will sit out next season.
He by all accounts loves playing basketball and is a gym rat. Good luck convincing him to not play to help a tank for a team he was not a part of and may not be part of the future. If we got him it’s because we like the stuff coming with him and/or we think he helps us win now.

I mean that is what we should do but DA passing up a buy low deal is like my wife passing up the semi-annual sale at Bath and Body Works... it ain't happening homey.
Lol

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Sexton and Lavine better than Sexton and Clarkson
Not if you are tanking.
That's what the jazz have been with Sexton and Clarkson. In other words, not a serious team

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

He by all accounts loves playing basketball and is a gym rat. Good luck convincing him to not play to help a tank for a team he was not a part of and may not be part of the future. If we got him it’s because we like the stuff coming with him and/or we think he helps us win now.

I don’t think the Jazz care about where they place, the playoffs and lotto positioning don’t matter. If they make a Lavine trade, I think it’s because they simply think he’s better (bad) use of cap space. It’s not really a move to make the playoffs or a stealth tank.

This is the reality of being in “opportunistic” mode year after year instead of picking a direction.

I don’t think the Jazz care about where they place, the playoffs and lotto positioning don’t matter. If they make a Lavine trade, I think it’s because they simply think he’s better (bad) use of cap space. It’s not really a move to make the playoffs or a stealth tank.

This is the reality of being in “opportunistic” mode year after year instead of picking a direction.
I do think they care about where they finish. I just think if they did a deal it is being opportunistic and believing it can propel you to the playoffs (play in)or they are fine if it ends in a bottom 7 ish finish. If they are in between those options… we know what will happen after AS break.

When talking about being opportunistic - what opportunity exactly are we chasing with trading for 30 year old Zach Lavine on 3/140m contract? I will hang up and listen.

When talking about being opportunistic - what opportunity exactly are we chasing with trading for 30 year old Zach Lavine on 3/140m contract? I will hang up and listen.
If we are trading a 30 year old Clarkson and a poor fit John Collins who are collectively on a 2 year +$80 then we are ultimately going for best player and paying $60 million to do it.

Hence the only way this makes sense to me is if we get another piece or draft stock too.

That would be a very Jazz thing: they are perennially in love with no-defense guards and wings and want to collect them all. Hardy and Ainge worked hard to create the worst defensive team in the league and they are determined to defend this title and produce the worst-defense dynasty.

If we are trading a 30 year old Clarkson and a poor fit John Collins who are collectively on a 2 year +$80 then we are ultimately going for best player and paying $60 million to do it.

Hence the only way this makes sense to me is if we get another piece or draft stock too.
Yes, but what's the big plan here? What are we aiming at? 3 35-40 wins seasons?

The plan for Zach is to have him return to form next year and then use him in a trade for an allstar or draft assets.

Back