What's new

Jazz and Bulls are in active trade discussions regarding Zach LaVine

Please Danny Ainge and Jazz management staff stay 500 miles away of Zach Lavine.
I watched 4 years Lauri and Lavine together in Bulls and they didn't have any chemistry. If Zach Lavine shows up to Utah Lauri better demand the trade immediately.

Please Danny Ainge and Jazz management staff stay 500 miles away of Zach Lavine.
I watched 4 years Lauri and Lavine together in Bulls and they didn't have any chemistry. If Zach Lavine shows up to Utah Lauri better demand the trade immediately.
I have hard time believing that they wouldn't ask Lauri for his opinion on Lavine given that they played so long together. Especially with the contract extension talks.

I'm sure that was more on the coaching staff....

When I ask myself who would be better in the playoffs ? I can picture Hendricks doing his best PJ Washington 3 years from now. And I think Hendricks is more talented that PJ.

How do you picture Keyonte? I picture him getting bullied in the playoffs.
A guy who scores

IMO, the Kings duo of Barnes+Huerter is more appealing than JC+JC. But John Collins only might be the most appealing as it allows them to keep Pat Williams.

As a follow up to this, how do we feel about this kind of trade?

CHI Out: Zach Lavine
CHI In: John Collins

UTA Out: John Collins
UTA In: Harrison Barnes, Kevin Huerter

SAC Out: Harrison Barnes, Kevin Huerter
SAC In: Zach Lavine

This is just the framework of the trade, feel free to add picks if you feel the need to.

CHI needs to drop some immediate salary, this would enable them to keep Pat Williams and Derozan. SAC needs enough outgoing salary to get Lavine. This would likely be Huerter+Barnes, but they could remove one of those guys and make up the different with some spare parts (Lyles, Mitchell, Duarte, Vezenkov). UTA can take immediate salary this year into cap space. Money wise, I think this makes sense for all three franchises.

As a follow up to this, how do we feel about this kind of trade?

CHI Out: Zach Lavine
CHI In: John Collins

UTA Out: John Collins
UTA In: Harrison Barnes, Kevin Huerter

SAC Out: Harrison Barnes, Kevin Huerter
SAC In: Zach Lavine

This is just the framework of the trade, feel free to add picks if you feel the need to.

CHI needs to drop some immediate salary, this would enable them to keep Pat Williams and Derozan. SAC needs enough outgoing salary to get Lavine. This would likely be Huerter+Barnes, but they could remove one of those guys and make up the different with some spare parts (Lyles, Mitchell, Duarte, Vezenkov). UTA can take immediate salary this year into cap space. Money wise, I think this makes sense for all three franchises.
Why do we do this?

Jazz trades have never been foreshadowed.

FWrT47lXoAcIF9l
This will never get old.

Keyonte needs to become a phenomenal scorer to compensate for his atrocious defense. I have not seen any signs that he can be phenomenal. He has a much clearer path to become a decent scorer with bad defense, i.e. a younger Clarkson. And a younger Clarkson would be a bench player on a playoff team.
very well said. and so we should package George and Collins to a decent player in return.

For some reason, I think Hardy might get more out of Lavine+Lauri pair than what Bulls coaches ever could.

That being said, I'm super nervous about this trade if it happens. Rehabilitating Collins value was much easier than doing that with Zach who has a negative rep that you would also need to at least mitigate to make his contract justifiable.

So this is way more committal than the JC trade, and thus MUST pan out if we ever want to build a contender with Lauri et al.

For some reason, I think Hardy might get more out of Lavine+Lauri pair than what Bulls coaches ever could.

That being said, I'm super nervous about this trade if it happens. Rehabilitating Collins value was much easier than doing that with Zach who has a negative rep that you would also need to at least mitigate to make his contract justifiable.

So this is way more committal than the JC trade, and thus MUST pan out if we ever want to build a contender with Lauri et al.
I actually think the opposite. LaVine'z value is extremely easy to bring back at least in terms of basketball. If LaVine is healthy the Jazz are probably a competitive team for at least the play in. The issue is can he stay healthy. I think if teams were guaranteed 70 games of LaVine and post season availability more teams would be interested

TheSteinLine:
"League sources say Philadelphia continues to have little interest in LaVine and I have likewise been advised to dismiss Utah's reported interest.”
Bruh, no need to post this ****. We need to debate things to death that are never going to happen. It's preparation for the coming evolution into AI and GBI.

Back