What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

I know I'm annoying. Not trying to be. Just want this sorted and I'm just over the constant Donovan bashing.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I think you get piled on way too much. More than any poster. I dont have a problem with your posts.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

What kind of mental gymnastics does it take to admit our star player is giving terrible effort in a playoff series, but still blame a gameplan and the dudes coaching on the bench?

Both can be true imo. I think mitchell was a horrible defender with littke to no effort. So does lopo. Lopo thinks quin and the system he used played a part in the horrible perimeter defense. I think that as well.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

You think we lost a playoff series because one of our players sometimes didn't try as hard as possible? That's pretty stupid.
A star player not showing up for a playoff series contributing to a loss. Silly me for thinking such crazy things.

Don has to try more, but the lack of perimeter defenders period is more important.
Bro… these are the same problems. Where does Mitchell defend?

It's okay for you to have a different opinion.

It's also okay for other people to disagree with said different opinion.
Also, being like "Rudy was worse on defense than Don" isnt an opinion. It's just that person being ignorant. Opinions are like chocolate ice cream is better than vanilla.

It's like someone saying "Slavery wasnt bad" then getting mad that you cant have an opinion when everyone is like yeah it is moron.

Also, being like "Rudy was worse on defense than Don" isnt an opinion. It's just that person being ignorant. Opinions are like chocolate ice cream is better than vanilla.

It's like someone saying "Slavery wasnt bad" then getting mad that you cant have an opinion when everyone is like yeah it is moron.
I never said Rudy was worse than Don on defense. Ever.

Quit your lying and spinning Cy

I just pointed out that everybody got torched by Brunson during the series. But hey, it's cool to bash on Don like he's the only one.

View: https://twitter.com/StevePopper/status/1550233531007336455

IDK if this has been posted, but the fact that we had two Jazz media members (Larsen and PK) saying that they are hearing that the deal is basically done and a NYK media guy being like "Nah" furthers my theory that Jazz FO members are trying to bully NYK.

Jazz FO knows that media/fan pressure on the NYK side is greater than the Utah side, so they may try to continue to push the idea that the deal is close to pressure NYK to agree to their side.

Defense aside (and his d against the Mavs were as bad as previous series, but playing healthy and more experienced), his offense in the series were quite bad too. If people outside Utah actually gave a f*ck about the Jazz, his offensive game would receive some backlash for how many bricks he threw out there

I have already addressed Mitchell's piss poor effort.

Our system and coaching were still our biggest issues despite how much yall want to blame one player.

I hope he gets traded to NY.

I wonder who everybody scapegoats when we actually try to start winning again.

No one is being scapegoated. We are calling it like we see it.

The one who will get called out is the one making no effort, as has always been the case. Fans generally get turned off by players who don't show up. That is the best way to kill the fan base. Consistently fail to give a ****. Why does Rudy seem to get a pass? Because for the most part he is always working his *** off. But he has been called out on the times he slacked. Most people don't want to root for spoiled millionaire children playing a playground game who have an attitude about actually doing the work to win.

are draft picks really that important if they aren't lottery?
Most draft picks are a crap shoot but that is not a popular view on this board. As Locke has said, draft picks are way overrated in terms of what you really get because so many draft picks dont pan out. I think the analytics make that clear. There are cases where people hit the jackpot like Danny in Boston with his picks becoming lotto picks. I do agree with what many have said that one of the greatest value of draft picks is that you can package them in all kinds of trades to get what you want. That works because everyone overvalues them. Flame away.