What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

There are a couple of grassroots sources who might agree with you. One guy on social media who purportedly has a connection inside the Heat organization said the Jazz informed Miami on Friday that they were out of the running for Mitchell. That would suggest the Jazz no longer needed the Heat for leverage with New York.

Maybe the Jazz are done negotiating with the Knicks and they're now seeing if they can add a 3rd team to sweeten the return by increasing the overall pool of assets. Maybe they can link in Cleveland and pick up Sexton, or maybe they can find a way to unload Rudy Gay. A massive trade like this creates an event that teams can use to try to move on a couple additional objectives.
I think it could be agreed on and you are looking for homes for certain dudes… like if you want to fold Fournier/Reddish in a Westbrook trade… or even a sexton Cavs trade… though that one would be harder.

All the reporting suggests that it isn’t done though and that nothing is imminent. That can obviously change fast and after summer league I think there will be a dead period with guys on vacation.

Do y’all want to full tank and embrace the rebuild or do you want a star potential player back?

Utah gets Westbrook/og/rj/grimes/obi/ 4 1st picks from Knicks/ 1 1st pick from lakers

Lakers get Conley/Fournier/gay

Toronto gets bogey/1st from lakers

Knicks get Mitchell.

I’d love to see something like this play out vs a total rebuild. Og/rj/ and maybe Kessler as a solid young core.

There are a couple of grassroots sources who might agree with you. One guy on social media who purportedly has a connection inside the Heat organization said the Jazz informed Miami on Friday that they were out of the running for Mitchell. That would suggest the Jazz no longer needed the Heat for leverage with New York.

Maybe the Jazz are done negotiating with the Knicks and they're now seeing if they can add a 3rd team to sweeten the return by increasing the overall pool of assets. Maybe they can link in Cleveland and pick up Sexton, or maybe they can find a way to unload Rudy Gay. A massive trade like this creates an event that teams can use to try to move on a couple additional objectives.
I swear to god there is not a source you won't fully trust.

I swear to god there is not a source you won't fully trust.

When there are multiple, disconnected sources who are saying the same thing, it becomes worth paying attention to.

Besides, you were one of the guys who was in denial about Mitchell asking to be traded to Miami or NY. I had to put you on Ignore for close to a week.

When there are multiple, disconnected sources who are saying the same thing, it becomes worth paying attention to.

Besides, you were one of the guys who was in denial about Mitchell asking to be traded to Miami or NY. I had to put you on Ignore for close to a week.

The Miami guys are fully out on Mitchell they are still holding onto hope that’s somehow they get Durant lol. Windhorst also said the Jazz would hang up the phone if Riley called with the subpar offer they have right now.

Yeah, bigmike and some random dude on some Heat forum.

What?

I made it very clear that I believed Mitchell obviously wanted to be traded. What I denied was that fact confirming all the garbage rumors from randoms on the internet you believed.

This is hilarious to me… do you sign your texts with your name at the end? I feel like you do.
Naw, he just wanted to have someone to talk jazz basketball with since he knows no one outside Jazzfanz that is a jazz fan. We’ve mostly talked about possible trade scenarios, and I’ve enjoyed it cause I’m in quarantine it was a great way to kill time, hopefully tomorrow is my last day on quarantine.

Naw, he just wanted to have someone to talk jazz basketball with since he knows no one outside Jazzfanz that is a jazz fan. We’ve mostly talked about possible trade scenarios, and I’ve enjoyed it cause I’m in quarantine it was a great way to kill time, hopefully tomorrow is my last day on quarantine.

Thank you for your service in getting him banned. Without you it may have been delayed.

He’s every bit as excited for the trade as anyone.

Yeah, bigmike and some random dude on some Heat forum.

What?

I made it very clear that I believed Mitchell obviously wanted to be traded. What I denied was that fact confirming all the garbage rumors from randoms on the internet you believed.

Okay, well those so-called 'garbage' rumors turned out to be true, and now these same separate 'garbage' sources are in agreement that the Jazz have the basics of a deal with NYK in place.

So you can interpret that however you like.

I’ve seen a vision… the Knicks trade does in fact go through… here is what happens after:

-Knicks come out of the gate blazing… 5-0 Donovan scoring 35 a game… MVP talk… Stephen A mocking Ainge for dem picks… BING BONG!!!

- Reality sinks in… defense gets leaky… Randle and Don have a beef going. Cryptic tweets… Knicks sliding.

- Don starts the AS game… is boo’d by Utah fans… says it doesn’t bother him… it does.

- Meanwhile Minny is playing well… Rudy is praising Ants defense. Gobert faces Don head to head and blocks the **** out of him and Don misses a crucial three to lose the game.

- Knicks lose the play in… the NY media has completely turned on Donovan. Knicks pick sits at like #12 but then the lotto comes and it moves up to #1.

- Jazz draft Wemby and Scoot cuz they got 1 and 2 picks.

- Donovan starts doing a lot of baseball workouts… tons of interviews where he says baseball is his first love. Ends up trying out for a triple A team and decides he needs a break from basketball… spends the next few years chasing his dreams… seems real happy. Ends up playing for the Mets. He ends up very happy… marries his old HS gf and has 5 kids. Never has to wear horrible adidas cleats.

Jazz win 5 straight titles.

I’ve seen it.

Why would anyone boo Donovan? I’d never boo him or Rudy. I hope they both do well.

Okay, well those so-called 'garbage' rumors turned out to be true, and now these same separate 'garbage' sources are in agreement that the Jazz have the basics of a deal with NYK in place.

So you can interpret that however you like.
Saying these rumors turned out to be true is like saying that Flex From Jersey (another source you trusted) was right all along, because, despite him claiming Mitchell to Brooklyn/Ayton to Utah/Durant to Phx was mostly a done deal, he left an impossible-to-rebuke amount of disclaimers to the point where ANYTHING that happened would "confirm" his rumors.

Saying these rumors turned out to be true is like saying that Flex From Jersey (another source you trusted) was right all along, because, despite him claiming Mitchell to Brooklyn/Ayton to Utah/Durant to Phx was mostly a done deal, he left an impossible-to-rebuke amount of disclaimers to the point where ANYTHING that happened would "confirm" his rumors.
I listened to his pod the other day… pretty hilarious… bout died when he had this story about how his niece works at Best Buy… it wasn’t related to his sources but it just was the universe giving me a little joke.

I think if the deal was completed essentially and they were trying to spin off other players that you’d hear reports about it… like Jazz are offering Fournier to teams type stuff. I think the deal is likely inevitable but maybe not imminent… which sucks for us… and the rest of the NBA fans.

Just a guess but if we haven’t heard by Monday I think it goes out a few weeks.

I listened to his pod the other day… pretty hilarious… bout died when he had this story about how his niece works at Best Buy… it wasn’t related to his sources but it just was the universe giving me a little joke.
Think I must have listened to this bit as well. Couldn't really take his style for very long. But the Best Buy part was fun.

I think if the deal was completed essentially and they were trying to spin off other players that you’d hear reports about it… like Jazz are offering Fournier to teams type stuff. I think the deal is likely inevitable but maybe not imminent… which sucks for us… and the rest of the NBA fans.

Just a guess but if we haven’t heard by Monday I think it goes out a few weeks.

Don’t speak that into existence.