What's new

Jazz and Knicks discussing Donovan Mitchell trade per Shams Charania and Tony Jones

I'm watching Quentin Grimes in Summer League play against the Blazers. I think he's a backup combo-guard. I don't think he's going to affect the Mitchell deal much one way or another. He's less established as a player than Beasley, Beverly or even Vanderbilt for Minnesota.

I’ve been very impressed with his defense.

I'm watching Quentin Grimes in Summer League play against the Blazers. I think he's a backup combo-guard. I don't think he's going to affect the Mitchell deal much one way or another. He's less established as a player than Beasley, Beverly or even Vanderbilt for Minnesota.
At least from the box score, it looks like this game's working out in our favor so far (half time), if there is any kind of leverage play going on.

Donovan and CAA will start to put some pressure on the Knicks I think if something isn’t done soon. I would love to hear Leon Rose explain to them they don’t think he’s worth 6 or 7 1sts lol.
We wanted to trade you to the Knicks Don , but they dont think you are worth more than Rudy, why would you want to play for them. Lets get you somewhere where they value you as the star you are.

I’ve been very impressed with his defense.

I think best-case scenario, he can be a Deanthony Melton-like 2-guard off the bench. He'd need to shoot the ball consistently enough. He's a good defender, but I wouldn't say he's a lockdown defender. He should also be a ball mover on the wing rather than a lead ball handler. I don't want to watch him try to create in pick-and-roll.

I think best-case scenario, he can be a Deanthony Melton-like 2-guard off the bench. He'd need to shoot the ball consistently enough. He's a good defender, but I wouldn't say he's a lockdown defender. He should also be a ball mover on the wing rather than a lead ball handler.

He’s a good prospect. Not someone to keep the Mitchell trade at a stand still for though. If they really want to keep him let them feel like they got a win and take back Toppin + Quickley + extra picks.

I would love to get him at the same time too. Either way works for me.

@Fury and @3totheheadmelo

How do you feel about this trade?

23/25/27/29 Knicks 1sts plus 26/28 pick swaps

Then we get 2 more of the other 4 firsts you have.

Fournier + Toppin + Quickley are the players coming back to us.

The Knicks fans are hilarious. They think they will get Mitchell for anything less than 6 1sts plus Toppin and Quickley. Do they know who they’re in negotiations with?

Knicks fans we come in peace. We don’t want the subpar offer the Heat have. We want your picks and players. You can keep Barrett just send us extra picks plus Toppin and Quickley. You can keep Grimes if you want him too.

Knicks fans we come in peace. We don’t want the subpar offer the Heat have. We want your picks and players. You can keep Barrett just send us extra picks plus Toppin and Quickley. You can keep Grimes if you want him too.
Don't listen to him. We want Grimes

Seems like there is some mutual framework between fans. They said we can have the picks we want but not Toppin and Quickley just Grimes. We can agree to take Toppin and Grimes and they can keep Quickley.

Seems like there is some mutual framework between fans. They said we can have the picks we want but not Toppin and Quickley just Grimes. We can agree to take Toppin and Grimes and they can keep Quickley.
Duck Knick fans we taking 8 picks Plus Grimes RJ Toppin Quigley, and whoever else is on their rookie deal with potential we’ve got trader Dan now if DL was in charge that would be a different story, we have trader Dan so we get to be greedy.

Keels sucks. We like your prospects in this order:

Toppin
Quickley
Grimes
McBride

We don’t want anyone else. We will take 3 of those you can choose plus 6 1sts and 2 pick swaps.

Knicks are getting Mitchell we’re not even talking to anyone else. The only question is which of the young guys you have are coming back and whether it’s 6 1sts and 2 pick swaps or 7 1sts and 1 pick swap.

Reading some of their previous posts they know who they’re working with and what the end game is. Just wait until Donovan and CAA start to put some pressure on Leon Rose.