Jazz ban 2nd fan for calling Westbrook "boy"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kyoto, Mar 15, 2019.

1. One Brow

One Brow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Over the last few decades, I've seen many relatively prominent people screw up in various ways. The ones who acknowledge the error and apologize tend to walk away undamaged (and seem to be quickly forgotten), suffering at worst very short-term consequences. The ones who get defensive don't fare as well.

Patton Oswalt.

Zombie likes this.

2. Engorged On Unborn Gore

Engorged On Unborn Gore Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Why would I even bother? You want me to go decipher that amorphous, abstract **** only to have you come back and say, “Actually I never even suggested that”? No thanks.

If you ever decide you need a new handle, please consider “Postmodern-P”.

3. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    I have to say that I'm surprised that people don't realize the historical connotation of boy in this context. However, I just created a thread that was deleted for using a loaded word similar to a taboo word and might get banned. It all depends on context with words. In that context, using boy was evil and wrong. But if one black person calls his friend the N-word that is actually a term of endearment.

4. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2018
    Your use of it was far from endearing.

NUMBERICA likes this.
  5. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    Archie was the king of negs and he did love negs. In fact, I was one of his targets for a while. Everything I wrote he negged for a while. So, I was making a jest about that. Just that the term I used is close to a taboo term. And as I said if you're black and you call your friend that, it is a term of endearment. In fact, my ex was black, so maybe I'm less sensitive about it. I probably should've thought that people would be ultra sensitive about it here because of the Westbrook thing. But to be honest, I didn't think of that, until afterwards.

6. Alfalfa

Oct 10, 2018
    Are you black? No of course not. So I'm going to assume it's a tasteless reference/nod to the violent opposition to inter-racial relationships, instead of anything endearing

NUMBERICA likes this.
  7. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    No, I'm not but I guess you didn't read my other comment, that my ex is black. People who are so overly sensitive, I believe, are actually insecure about being racist, so they overreact. In fact, I've devoted much of my career as a writer to fight racism and bring racial harmony and understanding. Send me a PM and I will link you to my books. Probably, like I said in another thread, I probably shouldn't have written that because of the Westbrook and because as has happened people didn't understand the humor behind it.

8. oneye

oneye Well-Known Member 2018 Award Winner

Dec 2, 2017
    Sensitive? No, just be respectful.

9. NUMBERICA

NUMBERICA Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Oh, you have a black friend? Wow. Then it is impossible for you to be racist.

By the way, I have a black ex too, she would find your worldview absurd, tired, and ghastly. Like I do.

One Brow and Alfalfa like this.
  10. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    I've had many black friends and still do. And as we've had conversations before, you jump to conclusions about me when you don't know me. You project things on me that aren't true.

11. NUMBERICA

May 26, 2010
    Cool tokens, great job.

12. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    lol

Ostertag>Duncan likes this.
  13. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    What if I told you I had my DNA tested with Ancestry and I actually do have some black ancestry -- my ancestors are from Sicily.

14. RobDMB

RobDMB Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    Not at all. I'm married, I'm not flirting with anyone. I don't see the equivalent there either.

I feel like that's a legitimate question now. Our home arena now has a history of people receiving lifetime bans for heckling players. Who's to say it won't be immediate next time? Who's to say a player wouldn't try to take advantage of that attitude? The whole arena and fan base was warned by the owner not to disrespect players or face consequences. Where is the line drawn? Who says what is and what isn't a lifetime ban offense? Can we heckle players at all anymore? This has absolutely been a part of sports for A LONG time. Trying to understand the parameters is not stupid "braugh". For someone who seems to know it all, you sure have an awful lot of disrespect in your posts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

15. NUMBERICA

May 26, 2010
    You're like a living blooper reel.

Alfalfa likes this.
  16. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    holy lol.

17. Alfalfa

Oct 10, 2018
    I did read your comment. I responded to the relevant part. I don't care about your second life as Nelson Mandela.

18. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    When was the last time you marched with Black Lives Matter -- I have. If people can't take a joke, then that's their problem. Like I said I shouldn't have written that because it is being taken all out of proportion and context.

19. NUMBERICA

May 26, 2010
    Better to be insecure about one's racism than comfortable with it. Sorry to hear you gave in.

Alfalfa likes this.
  20. Eenie-Meenie

Aug 5, 2012
    Who said I'm comfortable with racism, again you project. I'm done with this. I already said it was a bad decision but in no way was it a reflection of racism. I don't know how many times I have to explain it.