What's new

Jazz draft Taylor Hendricks at 9

Ah so you think Taylor Hendricks would be a worse player with a better coach and better teammates. Interesting theory. I hope you enjoy being the biggest hater on jazzfanz of our new guy. You try to hard to paint everything about him in a negative light.
Lmao. You acting like one of my dementia residents. No matter how many times you explain something they won’t get it. I’ve never been a hater of anyone on the jazz. I’m not hating on Hendricks, but because you want him to be Superman even though he’s not, that means I’m a hater. Good on you.

Everything I said has gone completely over your head. Markkanen had less responsibility to carry his team because he was surrounded by other great talent. Had he played on Hendrick’s team he would’ve had more responsibility to carry his team for more therefore putting up greater stats. That’s all I’m saying. You can’t just take similar stats from two different players in completely different talent levels and say they are similar in skill. Just because I said 9 is too high to take Hendricks doesn’t mean I hate him. There were other players I liked more available. Hendrix is a 3&D forward. For a small market team those are a lot easier to get in free agency than guys that carry your team. That’s all I’m saying.

Lmao. You acting like one of my dementia residents. No matter how many times you explain something they won’t get it. I’ve never been a hater of anyone on the jazz. I’m not hating on Hendricks, but because you want him to be Superman even though he’s not, that means I’m a hater. Good on you.

Everything I said has gone completely over your head. Markkanen had less responsibility to carry his team because he was surrounded by other great talent. Had he played on Hendrick’s team he would’ve had more responsibility to carry his team for more therefore putting up greater stats. That’s all I’m saying. You can’t just take similar stats from two different players in completely different talent levels and say they are similar in skill. Just because I said 9 is too high to take Hendricks doesn’t mean I hate him. There were other players I liked more available. Hendrix is a 3&D forward. For a small market team those are a lot easier to get in free agency than guys that carry your team. That’s all I’m saying.
You acting like Hendricks had some big responsibility to carry his team. He didn't. As many have said when watching his games there was a ton of possessions when he didn't touch the ball. That is literally what the criticisms of him are all about. That his usage was too low in college. If he were on Arizona his role would have been the same. Only difference is better teammates and coaching and more open looks. Lauri had the same role at Arizona. Make threes and dunks and don't get very many touches or do much with the ball in hand. His role would have been similar at ucf most likely. They played the same role and put up the same numbers.
I don't know why you are so against this fact. It's a good thing. You just seen really anti anything they makes Hendricks looks better than how you already view him in your mind for some weird reason.
Would look much less like a hater if when I do the research to post all their stats and they are exactly the same you respond with something like "wow, I didn't realize their stats were so similar. That gives me hope that Hendricks can evolve into an all star". Instead of" well Lauri would have been way better at ucf and Lauri was just a much better prospect. If Hendricks played for Arizona he wouldn't be as good but if Lauri were at ucf he would have been way better".

Lauri was drafted 7. Hendricks was drafted 9. Their stats on college were the same. Lauris is the way better prospect though. Kinda looks haterish.

Know matter how many times explain something you just don't get it. It's like you have dementia or something

Last edited:
Like I didn't like George at the 16 pick.
But when I see someone say that he reminds them of D-Will all that does is get me excited. I don't start trying to tear that comparison down and convince them that there is just no way are similar and that George could never be as good as D-Will. For some reason when I do the research and show the data showing how similar Hendricks and Lauri were in college that info prompts you to try to prove how they weren't similar at all and Lauri was way better.
That is hater behavior

You acting like Hendricks had some big responsibility to carry his team. He didn't. As many have said when watching his games there was a ton of possessions when he didn't touch the ball. That is literally what the criticisms of him are all about. That his usage was too low in college. If he were on Arizona his role would have been the same. Only difference is better teammates and coaching and more open looks. Lauri had the same role at Arizona. Make threes and dunks and don't get very many touches or do much with the ball in hand. His role would have been similar at ucf most likely. They played the same role and put up the same numbers.
I don't know why you are so against this fact. It's a good thing. You just seen really anti anything they makes Hendricks looks better than how you already view him in your mind for some weird reason.
Would look much less like a hater if when I do the research to post all their stats and they are exactly the same you respond with something like "wow, I didn't realize their stats were so similar. That gives me hope that Hendricks can evolve into an all star". Instead of" well Lauri would have been way better at ucf and Lauri was just a much better prospect. If Hendricks played for Arizona he wouldn't be as good but if Lauri were at ucf he would have been way better".

Lauri was drafted 7. Hendricks was drafted 9. Their stats on college were the same. Lauris is the way better prospect though. Kinda looks haterish.

Know matter how many times explain something you just don't get it. It's like you have dementia or something
The difference is Hendricks is a 3&D forward. That’s his role. He’s not supposed to get high volume touches. Markkanen had a lower usage because he was a freshman playing on a supremely talented team. Put him on UCF And he would’ve had a much higher usage in my opinion. And Hendricks in his role at Arizona would’ve done less. I’m not saying he would’ve been worse just less opportunities on a better team.

The difference is Hendricks is a 3&D forward. That’s his role. He’s not supposed to get high volume touches. Markkanen had a lower usage because he was a freshman playing on a supremely talented team. Put him on UCF And he would’ve had a much higher usage in my opinion. And Hendricks in his role at Arizona would’ve done less. I’m not saying he would’ve been worse just less opportunities on a better team.
Well of course that's how you see it. Like I explained in my previous post.

Well of course that's how you see it. Like I explained in my previous post.
Even so. Markkanen was a much higher profiled player coming into college. There’s a good chance it would’ve been tough for Hendricks to pick up a lot of minutes on that Arizona team. Markkanen is/was more skilled.

Even so. Markkanen was a much higher profiled player coming into college. There’s a good chance it would’ve been tough for Hendricks to pick up a lot of minutes on that Arizona team. Markkanen is/was more skilled.

Weren’t you high on Jarace? He played in the same conference as Hendricks yet Hendricks numbers blow his out of the water.

If you hate Hendricks pick because you thought we should have taken cam then you should really really hate the George pick
I did. I hated the George pick. I still think we should have taken Cam. That's the kind of guy you take in a position like ours, swing for the fences. He's a swing for the fences kind of pick imo.

Let's give the kids a year. Let's be honest, they probably wouldn't have picked Utah if THEY got to choose either
Well yeah but LA and Miami can't have teams with 130 players, so...

If Hendricks really is this hyper athlete some people seem to think he is, he's going to best played with THT. THT throws lobs better than anyone on the team.

Arizona had 10 times the better coaching than UCF. Lauri was raw as hell when he played for Sean Miller. Miller put him in a way better position to succeed. I mean you saw what Boylen did to Lauri on the opposite end. You'll see once Hardy gets ahold of Hendricks.

Summer League hasn't even started but if you take a look at the top 9 picks in the lottery there is an alarming amount of non-shooters. I am just going off of the pre-draft commentary that I have read. I decided to put a 1 - 5 ranking for shooting capability. Geeks, feel free to add stats to rip this up or back it up.

Ranking System:
1 Excellent Shooter
2 Solid shooter
3 mediocre shooter
4 Project Shooter
5 Shot Broken

Wemby - 2/3
Miller - 1/2
Scoot - 3/4
Amen - 5
Ausar - 4/5
Black - 4/5
Bilal - 4/5
Walker - 2
Hendricks - 1/2

Most of these guys look to be able to play defense. I do think many of these guys will average decent ppg stats. But shooting percentage is such a big deal long and short term and this draft is void of it at the top.

Based on opportunity and shooting ability we may have a steal in Hendricks.