What's new

Jazz Free Agency Summer of 2018

Parker struggled to get off the bench in Celts series iirc. Maybe it was just one of the games but nonetheless.

Their coach was a moron. Finally decided to play Parker and Thon game 3 or 4 that series and they produced.

Liked his game 4, and he still got pulled at the end of the game for who knows why.

I don’t know what to think about this. What would the Jazz trade to get him? How much would he cost?

I’m not too up on sign and trade deals. Can the Jazz package multiple players like Burks, Jerebko, Udoh, etc?

It could just be a "double" sign and trade. Favors for Jabari

It could just be a "double" sign and trade. Favors for Jabari
I think that gets harder, than just trading guys under contract.

Plus. . . (just like with Hezonja). . . I’d still consider keeping Favors if his market isn’t as robust as expected. I’d feel a lot better if we weren’t putting all of our eggs in one basket.

Getting anything of value for Burks and Jerebko is a damn nice thing.

I think that gets harder, than just trading guys under contract.

Plus. . . (just like with Hezonja). . . I’d still consider keeping Favors if his market isn’t as robust as expected. I’d feel a lot better if we weren’t putting all of our eggs in one basket.

Getting anything of value for Burks and Jerebko is a damn nice thing.

It's not that complicated and it's not all the eggs, it's one egg.

I like the idea of Hezonja or Parker than sticking with Favors and crossing our fingers

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think having Gobert alleviate some of Parker's negatives at the defensive end. If he can stay healthy and step up defensively a bit he could be the missing piece we need to make a deep run.

Parker struggled to get off the bench in Celts series iirc. Maybe it was just one of the games but nonetheless.
He had some really bad games but he also had some good games in that series. But he also was not recovered from his ACL. It usually takes awhile after coming back from that injury.

I think a sign and trade for Favors and Jabari is a win win for both teams. But I have no idea what the contracts would have to be to make it work.

Great article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...17516142/utah-jazz-derrick-favors-free-agency

"As it stands, the Jazz can hold their own against 90 percent of the league; it’s that final 10 percent in the top tier that remains elusive in a seven-game series, and where Favors’s placelessness becomes glaring. He averaged 32.8 minutes in a first-round series against the Thunder, which would have been a career high if extrapolated over a full season; in the Rockets series, that figure plummeted to 17.9, fewer than Alec Burks "

Great article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...17516142/utah-jazz-derrick-favors-free-agency

"As it stands, the Jazz can hold their own against 90 percent of the league; it’s that final 10 percent in the top tier that remains elusive in a seven-game series, and where Favors’s placelessness becomes glaring. He averaged 32.8 minutes in a first-round series against the Thunder, which would have been a career high if extrapolated over a full season; in the Rockets series, that figure plummeted to 17.9, fewer than Alec Burks "

So they’re saying he doesn’t have a position against the elite teams. Isn’t that a good thing if we’re playing ‘positionless basketball’?

Part of that might be the matchup but a lot of that was the fact that he got hurt again. That has been Favors biggest issue. He is injured too much for 3 years now. This year was pretty good until it mattered against Houston. But we also had Exum playing through injuries and then getting more hurt and obviously Rubio playing through injuries and then missing the whole series.